Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 x BEV family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

blackbox wrote: »
    If the Yaris only does 7000 km a year, your fuel costs must be low. Why get rid of it?

It was time for the Yaris to go.
    My OH had a few times issues starting it, the gearbox started dripping, drive shafts were for replacing. It was15 years old when we replaced it - maintenance was going to be had... so it came to the decision - petrol, diesel or EV again...

JPA wrote: »
    What is the range on a full charge? What kind of consumption do you get?
    Post some interior photos please!

Will do. Probably in the next few days.
    When I collected it it was showing 440km. What will show in future we will see. The minute you put on heat it drops by 7-10% (no heat pump) but hey - who cares with that size of battery...
    Currently getting 18+kWh and I’m not babying it at all.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

There is an app Soul EV Spy, if you have an OBDII dongle that you used with the Leaf, you can use it to pull some data from the Soul (and any other Hyundai/Kia EV)

The dealer said he never heard of a Kia EV app ( I think it was UVO). The last I heard it was supposed to be available for Jan 2020.

Also for the chaps with K2/3s out there - no rubber matts available for RHD e-Soul. It only for LHD ones...

Also no puddle lights, no wind deflectors available...
    Roof bars will be available to order in about 3-4 months time for just over €300 a pair.

Funny thing - the puddle lights are well presented in the accessories brochure. When I questioned the parts manager of the garage I bought my Kia - he said it shouldn’t have been there... why do I think someone got told not to install anything additional electrical on an EV unless trained how to...

• Advertisement

Mightn’t go for a second 7.2kwh charger in the end. So far we’re managing well with the L30’s granny ( the bloody thing took 9 hours the other day) and JaneK3s 32amps cable...

• Registered Users Posts: 64,974 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Just charge the cars on alternate nights on the 7.2kW charger?

unkel wrote: »
    Just charge the cars on alternate nights on the 7.2kW charger?

Also an option. It was good I never went with tethered unit back in time.

Or it was bad you went with an already obsolete EV that had an obsolete type 1 charger at the time ;)

Or it was bad you went with an already obsolete EV that had an obsolete type 1 charger at the time ;)

Hahaha, there weren’t many Ls around when I got me first one in 2015... Greeting a Leaf fella was a common thing back then :)
    I bet ya we would be two old lads one day and the Ls will still kick around with 1000kwh batteries, one at each wheel 😂
    Obsolete they never will be...

• Advertisement

I was referring to the time when you bought your second EV. You were going for Ioniq, but then you changed your mind and you bought another Leaf.

And a few weeks ago, you were gonna buy Leaf #3 if it wasn't for myself and a few others on here convince you (again) not to do it :pac:

Just came back from a 185km trip mostly at 100-120km/h motorway driving with heavy head and side winds. Adaptive cruise control is very good.
    Still had 170km left on the dash when I got back home.

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

peposhi wrote: »
    Just came back from a 185km trip mostly at 100-120km/h motorway driving with heavy head and side winds. Adaptive cruise control is very good.
    Still had 170km left on the dash when I got back home.

That sounds a thing of beauty. If only it had a boot I'd be doing maths on it.

That sounds a thing of beauty. If only it had a boot I'd be doing maths on it.

Boot is not that bad once you recess the level. I though I’d be struggling too, but so far so good.
    It’s a perfect commuter for long distance. GOM is accurate.
    The sound system is very good, times better than the Leaf.
    The touch screen is super bright, responsive, customisable, CarPlay works well.
    There is a bit of a wheel spin, but that’s more me pushing to the extreme at a traffic light, rather than coming thing.
    The tires a 215/55/17 which helps a smoother drive and less scare of potholey roads.

Boot is not that bad once you recess the level. I though I’d be struggling too, but so far so good.
    It’s a perfect commuter for long distance. GOM is accurate.
    The sound system is very good, times better than the Leaf.
    The touch screen is super bright, responsive, customisable, CarPlay works well.
    There is a bit of a wheel spin, but that’s more me pushing to the extreme at a traffic light, rather than coming thing.
    The tires a 215/55/17 which helps a smoother drive and less scare of potholey roads.

I encourage a bit of wheel spin from time to time. Though I had a quick look at my tyres and they're suffering for it.

Our EV is our main car. It'd have to be able to take a buggy, suit case(s), toys (everything needed for a families weeks holiday). And likely have to be usable when baby 2 is a thing. ENiro seems like the most likely option (similar to soul but with a bigger usable boot), though I much prefer the style of the soul. Given the pricing of a niro etc, a 2nd hand model S could be a cheaper option. Happy with the ioniq for the time being though.

Halfords Naas would not install a dash cam on our JaneK3, full stop.
    Said they will sell the cameras and kits, but only main dealer would be allowed installing on a EV.

Halfords Naas would not install a dash cam on our JaneK3, full stop.
    Said they will sell the cameras and kits, but only main dealer would be allowed installing on a EV.

Pathetic. There's no reason not to. The installation isn't any different.

They afraid of hitting the 400V :)

They afraid of hitting the 400V :)

Funny how the puddle lights are advertised on the e-Soul brochure and Kia Ireland said - not available to order&fit for this model. I guess the same reasons and I would certainly not be surprised if they comeback negative on the query I sent to the dealer re dash cam fitting...

A question about the keyless entry... a good few L40s have been stolen using the signal booster method... does this count for the e-Soul?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Aye, first thing my OH said. Can we Disable the comfort access. Doesn't appear to be an option. Might ring up a dealer tomorrow and ask.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You can't disable it on the Hyundais so Kias are probably the same? Just keep your keys in a biscuit tin and you'll be grand.

Had it disabled on both Ls back in time... probably I’d do the tin box thingy for keeping keys in it regardless the electric front gates and all field gates kept locked at all times. You never know who’s watching...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Check out these little pouches: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JWGCQNM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Keep my keys in it to be on the safe side

Dardania wrote: »
    Check out these little pouches: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JWGCQNM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Keep my keys in it to be on the safe side

That’s my issue... I have, like, 15 keys already on that one... pouch does not work here:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,544 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Just have insurance.
    If someone wants the car they will take it. I'd rather be safe in bed and the car stolen, than be woken for the keys

+1

Keys in the hall, first thing you will notice when you come break in. Feel free to take them.

+1

Keys in the hall, first thing you will notice when you come break in. Feel free to take them.

Keys in the hall... in a faraday cage pouch. May as well make it more difficult than them sneakily using a repeater to remote unlock your car.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Keys in the hall... in a faraday cage pouch. May as well make it more difficult than them sneakily using a repeater to remote unlock your car.

Can we get a glass fronted faraday cage?
    In case of robbery, break glass here!
    (be quiet about it, try not to wake me up)

• Advertisement

I don't get what's the bloody problem with getting a hardwired dash cam fitted.
    Called the dealer and questioned the issue and got told that it technically(?!?) voids the warranty but they will look at it when I stop by the service center next time... I looked at the fuse boxes on the K3 and there's a good few spares that can hold various loads...

Advertisement