Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 x BEV family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What the hell is a L24 and a L40????
    Leaf 24kWh and Leaf 40kWh
    I didn't like it either but it's growing into accepted online parlance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

24 and 40kw Leaf(s)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Much quicker when typing. We are talking about Leafs mainly anyway so L24, L30, L40 and soon to be L60 is cool way to call it (for me at least :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

peposhi wrote: »
    For me it’s more about cost... love the fact I have stopped (for a long time now) spending €100+150 every two weeks to fill up the A4 + €50 a month for the Yaris

What you should do is save the money from the fuel and then have a big stash of cash to buy the new car :-)

That was my plan but it didn't happen that way :-)

What you should do is save the money from the fuel and then have a big stash of cash to buy the new car :-)

That was my plan but it didn't happen that way :-)

Oh... if all my plans have happened as planned :):):)

• Advertisement

After getting used to the quicker fast charging in the L30 for the last few days I’ve been driving the L24 (wifey took over it for the longer journeys she has) and have to say I am getting uncomfortable waiting to top up. Bear in mind I needed it, not that I do it for the free leccy...
    Got the TCU replaced and will ring Nissan EU to get it connected

There’s something I’ve noticed since we bought the SVE L24.
    The best GOM I had so far after an overnight charge was just shy of 150km and regularly I’d see 138/140km.
    At first I thought it was the cold weather. Apparently it is not. Still getting the same.
    In my old SV L24 I would regularly reach 170km and 181 I think was my beat GON after three car was charged to 100%.
    What would your experience be?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,793 ✭✭✭✭unkel

In my old SV L24 I would regularly reach 170km and 181

You are very good at using hypermiling so! I've never even seen anyone reporting they got 181km out of a 24kWh Leaf. But I'll take your word for it though. It would be great if you could prove and share your 181km range on youtube though!

There is a Youtube video of a German guy in his 28kWh Ioniq getting 400km though

So to recap: 24kWh Leaf - 181km. 28kWh Ioniq - 400km. Efficiency of Ioniq is almost 100% better...

unkel wrote: »
    You are very good at using hypermiling so! I've never even seen anyone reporting they got 181km out of a 24kWh Leaf. But I'll take your word for it though. It would be great if you could prove and share your 181km range on youtube though!

There is a Youtube video of a German guy in his 28kWh Ioniq getting 400km though

So to recap: 24kWh Leaf - 181km. 28kWh Ioniq - 400km. Efficiency of Ioniq is almost 100% better...

GOM reading, Unkel, not real distance driven. I have never been able to achieve what the GOM says.
    And yes I did have high GOM readings as at the beginning I was seriously minding my driving habits. On the L30 my best GOM was 236km at 100% charge.
    The more I drive an EV the less I care though.
    Now I drive both cars like I stole them (most of the times) and only mind my driving when someone is with me in the car...

I drive slowest with my dog in the car :p

And like a maniac if it is just me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭creedp

GOM reading, Unkel, not real distance driven. I have never been able to achieve what the GOM says.
    And yes I did have high GOM readings as at the beginning I was seriously minding my driving habits. On the L30 my best GOM was 236km at 100% charge.
    The more I drive an EV the less I care though.
    Now I drive both cars like I stole them (most of the times) and only mind my driving when someone is with me in the car...

Christ I must have a dud L30!! The best I currently get on the GOM is 182km and that's after charging to 100% after my commute to work. If I charge to 100% after my commute home I'm only getting 161km!! Difference is due to elevation. I did remember at one point hitting 200km on the GOM but that was very much a once off case.

Then again my battery SOH is running between 90.8% and 92.2% on a 2016 with 55k km which is troubling to say the least. I think I made a mistake buying a car without checking it via Leafspy!

creedp wrote: »
    Christ I must have a dud L30!! The best I currently get on the GOM is 182km and that's after charging to 100% after my commute to work. If I charge to 100% after my commute home I'm only getting 161km!! Difference is due to elevation. I did remember at one point hitting 200km on the GOM but that was very much a once off case.

Then again my battery SOH is running between 90.8% and 92.2% on a 2016 with 55k km which is troubling to say the least. I think I made a mistake buying a car without checking it via Leafspy!

Hmm... what’s your average consumption? I am not a saint behind the wheels especially when on my own and in a hurry (a lot of times lately) but can still scrape the results on my quiet saint like days.
    I got 44k km on it. Never did the Leafspy (still setting this up after nearly 3.5 years) check.
    And I did have 160-ish but it would have been normally in a very cold day.
    What’s the longest ever distance you did in your L30 with 100% to x% charge left?

Once I did AFAIRC 175 with 2% left mixed driving in a very bad weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭creedp

Hmm... what’s your average consumption? I am not a saint behind the wheels especially when on my own and in a hurry (a lot of times lately) but can still scrape the results on my quiet saint like days.
    I got 44k km on it. Never did the Leafspy (still setting this up after nearly 3.5 years) check.
    And I did have 160-ish but it would have been normally in a very cold day.
    What’s the longest ever distance you did in your L30 with 100% to x% charge left?

Once I did AFAIRC 175 with 2% left mixed driving in a very bad weather.

I'm getting nowhere near that kind of range. The most I have ever driven between charges is approx 130kms which is my commute. In early April when the weather was colder 130kms used up 85% of the battery (1.5km per %). Yesterday a slight variation of that commute of 137.8km used 81% of the battery (1.7km per %). So the warmer weather has improved the range but even now the max theoretical range is only 170km.

By the way according to Nissan app my average consumption is now 15kwh/100kms down from 16kwh/100km a couple of weeks back.

Finally do you drive with eco / B mode on or off? Do you notice much difference in efficiency when these nodes are selected?

creedp wrote: »
    I'm getting nowhere near that kind of range. The most I have ever driven between charges is approx 130kms which is my commute. In early April when the weather was colder 130kms used up 85% of the battery (1.5km per %). Yesterday a slight variation of that commute of 137.8km used 81% of the battery (1.7km per %). So the warmer weather has improved the range but even now the max theoretical range is only 170km.

By the way according to Nissan app my average consumption is now 15kwh/100kms down from 16kwh/100km a couple of weeks back.

Finally do you drive with eco / B mode on or off? Do you notice much difference in efficiency when these nodes are selected?

Although I like the B-mode, I only use it in traffic now. When driving on open road/long distance is always recommended to drive in D to maximise your range as you glide more often thus preserving loss of energy.
    A few weeks ago I did 77km from home to Dublin City Centre with 39% (road descending). I was with my parents who are in their 70s so I was driving with a Leafspeed and ECO mode on the motorway. If I needed to I could have made the journey back without charging.
    One thing I do when looking to drive efficiently- try to keep the “throttle” within dot 1 and dot 2, regardless if you are driving in ECO or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

It is worth noting that the required pressure on the brake when in eco mode is a lot less than when not so switching between the two can be tricky unless you are aware, especially in traffic.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Long time since I last posted here.

It’s been a happy Leaf-ing since we got the cars with a few shaky moments since I forgot to switch on the granny cable at the socket...
    We are managing fine with one 7kw charger and the granny.
    Moved house too so that helps as both cars can be parked beside each other.
    The L30 has done 56k already and had its second service. Got the tires replaced and went for Dayton. Not sure if I made the right decision as car seems to be less efficient and noisier. It could be just me as the tires are new so better grip- less efficient driving may be the case.
    Booked the L30 for a service as it developed a strange whining sound (like a fan going too fast or something) and it’s most noticeable when driving between 40 and 80km/h. Going to Nissan Naas next Wednesday to check it over before the warranty expires.

Test drove the Kona and again the L40... although I like both I can not justify spending 38k just for a Kona’s range and 30k just for the L40s looks and e-Pedal ... well, Kona’s range ruined the L40 dream for me, so now it has to be at least 60kwh battery car if it’s an EV)...
    I am again thinking of getting an i3REX, but the wife shot me down... again...

I guess I have too much time to think rather than focus on what’s best to do...

"peposhi wrote: »
    I am again thinking of getting an i3REX, but the wife shot me down... again...

Out of curiosity, what's her objection to the i3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

mordeith wrote: »

Probably the pram wheels :P

Hah, maybe. They're actually pretty agile in fairness. I've also had to go through some deep water on a back road recently and it cut through it.

If she has no problem with the ugliness of the Leaf, how can she possibly have objections to the i3? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

If she has no problem with the ugliness of the Leaf, how can she possibly have objections to the i3? :)
    Maybe she doesn't need a moonbuggy with a plugin hybrid! :cool:

She is very difficult when it comes to changes re technology. Took me 3 years to persuade her to let me buy an EV. Then 3 years later she got one for herself.
    The REx concept does not make sense to her, therefore the need (my need mainly) to change... I will have to probably bring one, show her the car, get her to drive it and etc... tough work :)

She says the Flaming Red L24 she has is the most amazing car she’s ever had. And won’t let me replace it. The plan is to put a bigger battery in it one day so she can still have the shape and ugliness of it :)

She actually does not like the i3, which in fairness is an odd looking car, but I love it :)

She said it looks like a coffin... go figure out...

She said it looks like a coffin... go figure out...

Once she drives it she'll change her mind. My own missus was a bit reticent when we changed the Leaf but after the test drive couldn't resist. Leather interior and eucalyptus dash sold it!

Once she drives it she'll change her mind. My own missus was a bit reticent when we changed the Leaf but after the test drive couldn't resist. Leather interior and eucalyptus dash sold it!

Not a hope. If I get it it could take a year to even get her to sit on the driver’s seat. Let alone drive it.

Drove the i3 REx yesterday. Hmm... have not driven one more than 3 years and have actually forgotten what they were like.
    Was taken aback by the boot size, drivers position, rear seats space, enormous wasted space above the dash, the speedometer dash, the EV range on the 60Ah battery, quite noisy front section, got offered €12k for my SVE (seriously!),
    Loved the power, the handling, the look, the navigation system!, the REx...
    After driving a Leaf for nearly 4 years I could definitely say I would like to keep the car size or go even bigger. Perhaps I’m too used to the Leaf so it took me a good bit of time to figure out the Beemer’s controls and settings. The space under the windscreen is like from a Renault Espace and feels so hollow.
    On top of that the dealer was having a laugh by offering €12k for my Leaf. I know he has to make money but come on... we both knew it’s worth more than that.
    Later on the FCP in Templeville was broken so I stopped by Nissan Belgard to top up before heading home.
    What to say... the new Leaf is a family car and being so used to it it does feel like a natural step forward.
    I am going to scrap the idea of REx and just get a 60kw Leaf when the time comes or perhaps look at the Niro...
    Time will tell...

Thank you to the Tesla MS 85 who let me charge my car at Belgard!

Thanks to that Tesla that let you charge your Nissan at the Nissan dealers fast charger which is meant only for Nissans? :)

• Advertisement

Thanks to that Tesla that let you charge your Nissan at the Nissan dealers fast charger which is meant only for Nissans? :)

Technically speaking I was in a queue so I was not expecting to get any charge. My first thought was: F..., Tesla at a ChaDeMo... 1-2 hours wait!
    I needed charge as the Houston station had 2 ports busy, Newlands was out, Naas was too far, wife and son in the car, so I was getting sweaty over lack of leccy, especially after deciding not to go the REx route. When I got closer I saw there’s a driver in the car, so I asked the him how long he’d be... he said he has plenty so he left...

Advertisement