Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread III: Les Miserables SEE MOD WARNING POST #1924 + #2755

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭jacothelad

awec wrote: »
    Cunningham did say a LH was on our shopping list.
    Yep. Apparently they are searching Poundland for one.

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

jacothelad wrote: »
    Yep. Apparently they are searching Poundland for one.

Who is the LH for the Sydney Fishermen’s Third XV these days? Does he have an Irish granny?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I'm sure it will be ridiculed by some but I believe Michael Bent's contract is up this summer unless he's on a 3 year deal.

He's a vastly experienced prop who can pack down on both sides to a decent level and has been a model of consistency who rarely gets injured. Ulster should be all over him if he's available.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Buer wrote: »
    I'm sure it will be ridiculed by some but I believe Michael Bent's contract is up this summer unless he's on a 3 year deal.

He's a vastly experienced prop who can pack down on both sides to a decent level and has been a model of consistency who rarely gets injured. Ulster should be all over him if he's available.

Bent would be a great signing for Ulster. Be gutted if he finishes up with Leinster this year, he is very consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Buer wrote: »

That’s a great shout. Ulster should hire Bent and Buer.

And then appoint Jackman as head coach for our enjoyment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭Wegians89

WHats the story with gilroy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Wegians89 wrote: »
    WHats the story with gilroy?

Probably the WhatsApp messages he sent. This is beyond a joke at this stage, the courts have asserted that no crime was committed. These lads should be allowed back to work ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭bilston

He was part if the WhatsApp conversation. The IRFU are pandering to the Twitter brigade here. I'm getting very p***** off with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Should be absolutely clear to everyone here at this stage that IRFU can and will take action regardless of any court verdicts, as well they should be able to:

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/981209182941609985?s=09

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

MJohnston wrote: »
    Should be absolutely clear to everyone here at this stage that IRFU can and will take action regardless of any court verdicts, as well they should be able to

They can of course take action regardless of court verdicts - but they can only do so within the confines of employment law. They are not dictators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

This is a joke. Im livid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Podge_irl wrote: »
    They can of course take action regardless of court verdicts - but they can only do so within the confines of employment law. They are not dictators.

I think IRFU have to be seen to be proactive on this whole issue, including Gilroy. I still expect a sensible outcome at the end of this process.

Brewster wrote: »

I think IRFU have to be seen to be proactive on this whole issue, including Gilroy. I still expect a sensible outcome at the end of this process.

Well we will see. Not everyone can agree on what a sensible outcome is!

I had wondered whether Gilroy would get into trouble. There was never any way Jackson and Olding could be sacked over the WhatsApp messages without taking Gilroy into the equation.

I hope Gilroy takes the rag that named him to the cleaners. Sure we all guessed it was him when we seen the initials but still. Where was his anonymity?

bilston wrote: »
    Well we will see. Not everyone can agree on what a sensible outcome is!

I had wondered whether Gilroy would get into trouble. There was never any way Jackson and Olding could be sacked over the WhatsApp messages without taking Gilroy into the equation.

I'm struggling to see how they can punish him at all - they don't even officially know its him?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,274 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I think they may have stoked an unnecessary fire.

Exactly.

Its pandering to social media warriors.

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What a crock of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I'm struggling to see how they can punish him at all - they don't even officially know its him?

I’m not sure how you could be sure what they do or do not know officially unless you’re involved in the review?

I’m not sure how you could be sure what they do or do not know officially unless you’re involved in the review?

I'm not sure - hence the question mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

damianmcr wrote: »
    I hope Gilroy takes the rag that named him to the cleaners. Sure we all guessed it was him when we seen the initials but still. Where was his anonymity?

Was he not referenced in court? A txt from CG I believe was mentioned. Dosent take a genius to then work out who CG is

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Does world rugby have a say in this!!!

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Was he not referenced in court? A txt from CG I believe was mentioned. Dosent take a genius to then work out who CG is

Could be Conor George for all we know. Who even says it is initials?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I think they may have stoked an unnecessary fire.

Thought that myself.

Given Jackson and Olding were not guilty then presumably the main issue for the IRFU is the WhatsApp messages. That being the case I don't see how they can differentiate between the 3. In fact I think I'm right in saying that Gilroy's message is worse than anything Jackson wrote.

I believe Jackson was asked if CG was a member of the rugby team and Jackson said yes. So I don't think it could be anyone else.

No it doesnt but where is the proof and why was it necessary for CG and why was it necessary to ask Paddy if CG was an Ulster player?

What did this have to do with the case?

Was it done purely to inflict damage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭RuMan

Brewster wrote: »

Yes all 3 back playing rugby football for Ulster

I believe Jackson was asked if CG was a member of the rugby team and Jackson said yes. So I don't think it could be anyone else.

Why do they bother obscuring the name in such a cack-handed manner if they are going to make it plainly obvious who they are talking about!?

No it doesnt but where is the proof and why was it necessary for CG and why was it necessary to ask Paddy if CG was an Ulster player?

What did this have to do with the case?

Was it done purely to inflict damage?

It makes you wonder what is really going on here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It makes you wonder what is really going on here.

I cant even see a message from CG in what was published

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement