Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread III: Les Miserables SEE MOD WARNING POST #1924 + #2755

Options
1330331332333334336»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,745 ✭✭✭✭bilston

jacothelad wrote: »
    Yes. Mcphillips looked very, very rusty. This time last season he helped keep us in Europe. The more game time he got the better he became. I hope he gets more opportunities next season. I know everyone sings the praises of Lowry and he is a bag of tricks but I worry about his physical resilience. If he is a 10 then he needs to play at 10. We look better with Addison at 15 so we then need to continue to develop our young 13s to play alongside our other centres.

McPhillips isn't good enough. I think he is a talented rugby player, but he will never control a game at 10. I'd rather have Nelson than McPhillips. Can McPhillips play 15?

I agree with playing Lowry at 10. But despite what some say (mainly on other MBs) I think Burns has done a fine job at 10 this season so there is no obvious reason to change that at all.

launish116 wrote: »
    Seeing McBurney is a hooker in Best's mould, always threatening the turnover swell!

Always great to see the future putting their hand up. Things really are on the up.

To me both Best and Herring should be at the WC, in reality Herring probably needs an injury, but you'd think McBurney will get a lot more chances next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭jacothelad

bilston wrote: »
    McPhillips isn't good enough. I think he is a talented rugby player, but he will never control a game at 10. I'd rather have Nelson than McPhillips. Can McPhillips play 15?

I agree with playing Lowry at 10. But despite what some say (mainly on other MBs) I think Burns has done a fine job at 10 this season so there is no obvious reason to change that at all.

Burns has improved as the season has progressed. Looks like a very decent player. I don't think he will get many - if any - Ireland games but he would be o.k. if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Was really impressed with Lowry. Looked threatening every time he had ball in hand.

jacothelad wrote: »
    Burns has improved as the season has progressed. Looks like a very decent player. I don't think he will get many - if any - Ireland games but he would be o.k. if needed.

He has definitely improved. He was excellent against Edinburgh. He is probably too much of a liability defensively to win anything more than a few token Ireland caps, and I expect Lowry to overtake him at some point, but as I've said before he has play all but maybe three games this season and we've reached the Q/F in Europe and finished 2nd in out league conference, you don't do that with a poor out half.

• Advertisement

Was really impressed with Lowry. Looked threatening every time he had ball in hand.

I was screaming at him to kick a bit more in the second half, but the wind was obviously an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭launish116

Hopefully Kane's withdrawal is cautionary.

We really need to work on the static ball carrying and unlocking set/fan out defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Sean Reidy is a thug. Attempting to bite Saint Fergus of Leinster on the forehead was reprehensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Buer wrote: »
    Sean Reidy is a thug. Attempting to bite Saint Fergus of Leinster on the forehead was reprehensible.

King Fergus the great of Carrick. Kingdom of Dalriada.....dropping some Ulster history...:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Does anyone know the name of the girl from Belfast that spurned Clancy's advance years ago?
    Tell him to get over it...She has obviously moved on and so should he.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

if it was any other player the forum would be going into meltdown , very odd once its a leinster player with alot of previous

Jewelers wrote:
    if it was any other player the forum would be going into meltdown , very odd once its a leinster player with alot of previous

I'm fuming. FUMING.

He'll be cited deservedly. Calm down, petal.

I'm fuming. FUMING.

He'll be cited deservedly. Calm down, petal.
    petal ?

Petal.

Petal.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Jewelers wrote: »

We all know how Clancy operates. That's why none of us are over-excited. It's pretty much par for the course for him and expected when reffing Ulster. He just keeps making those unfortunate errors of judgement.:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

You all realise he made his decision looking at the background of a piece of footage on a screen in the background of the stadium right? :rolleyes:

You should be directing your criticism at the TMO.

DonVito wrote: »
    You all realise he made his decision looking at the background of a piece of footage on a screen in the background of the stadium right? :rolleyes:

You should be directing your criticism at the TMO.

lol its clancy roll your eyes elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Pro 14 rugby has cited leinster winger Fergus McFadden for contravening Law 14.2 Stealing another player's wallet. In footage viewed by the citing commissioner, Ulster flanker Sean Reidy is clearly seen indicating the theft to the assistant referee. The match was stopped to allow match official George Clancy to view footage of the incident. However, while it was evident McFadden had headbutted Reidy, the images were to far away to confirm the wallet had been taken. It didn't help that play was down Clancy's blindside. Wallet stealing carries a maximum ban of 2 years prison, but as Reidy only had €20, a taxi receipt and a Dunnes card in his possession, as well as this being a first such offence for McFadden, it's likely the lower limit sanction of taking Reidy's rubbish bins out front for a week will be applied. McFadden tweeted his apologies while wearing a tie, which is also likely to be taken into consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

He bashed his chin off Fergie's forehead with force , could of seriously bruised poor Fergie or worse , he should of at least been sin binned .

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Pro 14 rugby has cited leinster winger Fergus McFadden for contravening Law 14.2 Stealing another player's wallet. In footage viewed by the citing commissioner, Ulster flanker Sean Reidy is clearly seen indicating the theft to the assistant referee. The match was stopped to allow match official George Clancy to view footage of the incident. However, while it was evident McFadden had headbutted Reidy, the images were to far away to confirm the wallet had been taken. It didn't help that play was down Clancy's blindside. Wallet stealing carries a maximum ban of 2 years prison, but as Reidy only had €20, a taxi receipt and a Dunnes card in his possession, as well as this being a first such offence for McFadden, it's likely the lower limit sanction of taking Reidy's rubbish bins out front for a week will be applied. McFadden tweeted his apologies while wearing a tie, which is also likely to be taken into consideration.

about as funny as ferg dumping on your face, you think his thuggery is funny ?

I'm not particularly wound up because Ulster had the last laugh, and it was so obviously a bad call by the officials that even Clegg has admitted as much!

McFadden almost certainly won't play again this season. In fairness he may not have been picked anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

No clear footage of contact with the head so should have been a yellow. Utterly stupid and needless from a player who should know better, but it didn't impact the result in the end so it's not the end of the world. Ferg will have had to deal with Leo and Lancaster over it as I cant imagine that is one they'd be willing to let go. He wasn't going to get picked again this season anyway, but he's absolutely made sure of that now. I'm very disappointed in a guy who I've a huge amount of respect and manly love for.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It was a red card. 100% no question, not even the most blue eyed Ross OCarroll Kelly type could deny it. The latest in a line of Clancy nonsense, if we never see that man in charge of an Ulster game again it will be too soon.

We can add blatant headbutt to the list of absolute shockers from him. If I posted an honest appraisal of his abilities I’d have to ban myself.

Convinced he won his refereeing credentials in a lucky bag.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

As for Ulster, beating Leinster is difficult. Beating 16 men with the sort of team we selected even harder. Good graft shown tonight, determination to get the job done.

Shame it was a nothing fixture really.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

molloyjh wrote: »
    No clear footage of contact with the head so should have been a yellow. Utterly stupid and needless from a player who should know better, but it didn't impact the result in the end so it's not the end of the world. Ferg will have had to deal with Leo and Lancaster over it as I cant imagine that is one they'd be willing to let go. He wasn't going to get picked again this season anyway, but he's absolutely made sure of that now. I'm very disappointed in a guy who I've a huge amount of respect and manly love for.

If you headbutt someone it's a red card. It doesn't matter where you make contact with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

about as funny as ferg dumping on your face, you think his thuggery is funny ?

Cf Buer’s reply to you above. A great use of floral language by the way Buer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

yerrahbah wrote: »

So wrong, McFadden went through on Reidy after the play had moved on, then Reidy pushed McFadden away, and that’s when McFadden grabs Reidy and headbutts him, and skips away like a sneaky coward.

Darcy is as biased as could be, totally blue tinted goggles on, hope he never gets a job in punditry or commentary, as bad as Austin Healey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

It’s a nothing match at the end of the season..,the kids v the kids

Life’s too short....

It was red card, simple as that, Ulster won... move on as bigger fish to fry

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement