Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,898 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

D'Agger wrote: »
    Saved them to favourites on DeGiro but haven't really been looking that much lately, I'm not seeing any data for them on Hong Kong exchange - is that the same for yourself?

Would have thought they'd be worth a punt also
    Degiro seem to struggle with ASX and Hong Kong exchanges and a few others, probably too cheap to pay for the streams or something. Buys and sells / Limit buys and sells go through fine though, on the ASX anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

weemcd wrote: »
    I see a bright future for Nvidia, I can see them as a leading force in tech for a long time.

They really only have one competitor in the GPU market and most would see them staying ahead of AMD in the near to long term

• Registered Users Posts: 28 PenguinEggs

Bob Harris wrote: »
    The problem doesn't seem to be bad news, just no news!
    Hit about 9.50 and been red a lot of days since.
    ER tomorrow might bring some update.

GALT has been stinking up my portfolio for a while now but saw some pump talk yesterday so bought in and it went up 14% yesterday, in total, to $4.45, and hit $4.60 in post market. Lots of positivity here: https://seekingalpha.com/symbol/GALT/stocktalk but it sounds like **** coin mooning talk

Any thoughts on where this might go short-medium term?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Jeez, getting absolutly hammered this year.
    Down 2K on a 10K portfolio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Wombatman wrote: »
    Jeez, getting absolutly hammered this year.
    Down 2K on a 10K portfolio.

Down 3k on a 5.5k portfolio..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Down 3k on a 5.5k portfolio..

:( coz of Hive?

:( coz of Hive?

Mostly!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,898 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im still up thankfully but Id have a good few grand extra if Id sold in May and gone away...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Huge dent in my account because of it, hopefully we see a return this year , if it's any consolation the bots have us up now from $1.31 to $4.94
    https://online.capitalcube.com/#!/stock/ca/cve/hive

Holly was bang on with the Sonos call...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

GALT has been stinking up my portfolio for a while now but saw some pump talk yesterday so bought in and it went up 14% yesterday, in total, to $4.45, and hit $4.60 in post market. Lots of positivity here: https://seekingalpha.com/symbol/GALT/stocktalk but it sounds like **** coin mooning talk

Any thoughts on where this might go short-medium term?

I thinking $15-30 by the end of the year and could have some higher spikes, got a few things in the pipeline and plenty of buyout talk.

I thinking $15-30 by the end of the year and could have some higher spikes, got a few things in the pipeline and plenty of buyout talk.

Just realised I posted the wrong chat thread. Meant to link this one https://stocktwits.com/symbol/GALT

I think $20 is the highest prediction on there. They posted an SEC fining today which apparently supports the buyout theory so who knows.

I'll be transferring funds to DeGiro in the next couple of days. At the mo looks like I'll just be increasing my GALT holdings

Thanks again for the original tip

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

Just realised I posted the wrong chat thread. Meant to link this one https://stocktwits.com/symbol/GALT

I think $20 is the highest prediction on there. They posted an SEC fining today which apparently supports the buyout theory so who knows.

I'll be transferring funds to DeGiro in the next couple of days. At the mo looks like I'll just be increasing my GALT holdings

You can take what you read on ST with a pinch of salt. Seems to be an echo chamber for pumpers mostly. There's a few good accounts on there but most of it is toxic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭crushproof

The merger really doesn't seem to be boding well for TAW in the short term, price has fallen to 34c now while others Lithium stocks such as Galaxy are doing quite well.

Interesting to see what happens when everything is sorted out but my portfolio isn't looking great right now!

Yeah no doubt hence my siht coin comment. But the pumpers got it right yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Thank me when a generously priced buyout comes to pass!

Thank me when a generously priced buyout comes to pass!

Will do!

I got into CNAT @4.29 earlier - similar to GANT

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Why is Hive a good investment? No wiki page even :D

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Why is Hive a good investment? No wiki page even :D
    It's not it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭greenfield21

How much has drunkmonkey cost ye? I think it shows if someone wants to pump up a stock there will always be a few who'll jump on and get robbed.

• Advertisement

How much has drunkmonkey cost ye? I think it shows if someone wants to pump up a stock there will always be a few who'll jump on and get robbed.

Don't think anyone holding mining stocks is having a great year so far in this thread.
    Looking forward to driving over your foot in my Ferrari after the next lithium/crypto run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Ahhh I'm up 400% thanks to 'some' of drunkmonkey's tips ... but ya after 2 years the only thing I can say is sell the news and buy the rumour. Pumping stocks here would do diddly to any share price.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,130 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Looking forward to driving over your foot in my Ferrari Lambo after the next lithium/crypto run.

FYP :pac:

unkel wrote: »
    FYP :pac:

Just don't blow it all on an Aston Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

https://cannonball.ie/

That's as close as any of you will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭championc

Not much if we took all of his advice. He importantly said to set a stop limit 10% below your purchase price thereby meaning that would be the limit of your exposure to losses on any one stock. Yes, I wished I had acted upon this advice, but will do in future.

Any more tips Drunkmonkey? Come onnn

• Registered Users Posts: 65,130 ✭✭✭✭unkel

How much has drunkmonkey cost ye?

You're an adult. You get free advice from some anonymous person on the internet and you follow that advice and it goes wrong for you and you blame them? Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Don't eat the yellow snow.

• Advertisement

Don't eat the yellow snow.
    Buy low sell high. Fool proof

Advertisement