Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crib Controversy at Beaumont Hospital

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Don't think so.

I thought you were allowed to 'repent your evil'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

I thought you were allowed to 'repent your evil'

Repent while you still have time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Can we not repent in the afterlife, would be handy as we wouldn't have much else for doing and there's plenty time for it.

AllForIt wrote:
    Can we not repent in the afterlife, would be handy as we wouldn't have much else for doing and there's plenty time for it.

Afraid not.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Also His time of judgement has come.

Well clean it up then.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

Well clean it up then.

What do you mean?

I think I would rather be in hell. I would miss my friends and family too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Are you the guy from the corner of O’Connell St. and Henry St., or the guy that appears in random Dublin locations with the sandwich board?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Afraid not.

Bummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

What do you mean?

Can't be having almighty quantities of come all over the place

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Unfortunately for athiests God does exist. He is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Also His time of judgement has come.

So just to be clear, your God will send me to Hell for the sole offence of not believing in him, regardless of how well I live my life? I can be a fine, ethical human being who treats my family and friends well and respectfully, but if I don't 'believe', I will be damned for eternity? It just seems a bit needy, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So just to be clear, your God will send me to Hell for the sole offence of not believing in him, regardless of how well I live my life? I can be a fine, ethical human being who treats my family and friends well and respectfully, but if I don't 'believe', I will be damned for eternity? It just seems a bit needy, no?

any being so desperate of worship is not worthy of worship.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Especially not one who condones child abuse, domestic violence, genocide, slavery, and infanticide, amongst others.

kylith wrote: »
    Especially not one who condones child abuse, domestic violence, genocide, slavery, and infanticide, amongst others.

Quite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

So Edgy

6eb4a63fc101e2c987d501c4f8279ac3.jpg

So Edgy

certainly beats fawning over imaginary beings and their representatives

So Edgy

That guy may be being melodramatic, but that's an actual quote, scratched into the wall of Mauthausen concentration camp by a prisoner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That guy may be being melodramatic, but that's an actual quote, scratched into the wall of Mauthausen concentration camp by a prisoner.

Allegedly, some say the documentary crew put it in for effect.

De Brand NEW & IMPROVED so to speak 2-18 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

I didn't say that.

Not right there.

• Advertisement

kylith wrote:

Who said God condones these things?

certainly beats fawning over imaginary beings and their representatives

Imaginary?

Allegedly, some say the documentary crew put it in for effect.
    Either way, it's not his own quote.

Um, the Bible.

For starters:

Numbers 31:17-18 King James Version (KJV)
    17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones infanticide/child abuse/murder, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with himmurder.
    18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselvesslavery/sexual abuse/child sexual abuse/child abuse/rape.

Imaginary?

perhaps try the Christianity forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Either way, it's not his own quote.

Um, the Bible.

For starters:

Numbers 31:17-18 King James Version (KJV)
    17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones infanticide/child abuse/murder, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with himmurder.
    18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselvesslavery/sexual abuse/child sexual abuse/child abuse/rape.

The bible is a human construct and could possible have nothing to do with God if he/she exists.

you believe that god created everything.
    so by that logic god created these things or at least created the evil and ability for his creations to do these things.
    so its a lot worse than condone ing these things . your god created them

mariaalice wrote: »
    The bible is a human construct and could possible have nothing to do with God if he/she exists.

Bit of a fckin' stupid idea to use it as a basis for laws and hundreds of Christian sects then. Isn't it?

perhaps try the Christianity forum.

Ok

mariaalice wrote:

Wrong there.

• Advertisement

you believe that god created everything. so by that logic god created these things or at least created the evil and ability for his creations to do these things. so its a lot worse than condone ing these things . your god created them

Satan created the evil.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement