Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IreExit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Wow a poll...

Red C polling are generally pretty accurate and have predicted recent Irish referendums pretty accurately. Do you really believe Irexit is a substantial number? I've not seen big protests or demands made of politicians to have a referendum. Repeal the 8th has all of that and reflects in polling, no swell in public opinion on Irexit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

bear1 wrote: »
    Do you really think a debate being held which includes Nigel Farage who told a few lies to get what he wants would be considered appropriate?
    Do you think freedom of speech should work both ways? They specifically state that the debate is only for like minded people so that shows that they only want to hear people agree with them.
    Why don't they open the meeting up to both sides so both can say theirs opinions?
    Cause they know exactly how it would go and that **** wit Farage has already once or twice mentioned Ireland should leave so that clown should truly go back to his own country and see the mess he has caused unfold instead of spreading his bull**** around.

It's probably being billed as a discussion on Ireland possibly leaving the EU rather than a heated debate. If there's protests outside the venue, or people looking for an argument inside it'll descend into a farce.

Let them have their meeting. Don't book tickets unless you want to go, it's unfair to those who have an interest in attending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

pitifulgod wrote: »
    Red C polling are generally pretty accurate and have predicted recent Irish referendums pretty accurately. Do you really believe Irexit is a substantial number? I've not seen big protests or demands made of politicians to have a referendum. Repeal the 8th has all of that and reflects in polling, no swell in public opinion on Irexit though.

Did they not get it fairly inaccurate the last time? Tell me do you think if they polled with the question: do you want Ireland to be part of an superstate with no control over it's economic policy they would get the same result? The EU for the last while have been pumping out the oul polls in a propaganda effort that everything is Rosey in the garden and to try appeal to people's sheep mentality..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

bear1 wrote: »
    Why don't they open the meeting up to both sides so both can say theirs opinions?

The tickets were free for anyone who wanted to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

BuboBubo wrote: »
    It's probably being billed as a discussion on Ireland possibly leaving the EU rather than a heated debate. If there's protests outside the venue, or people looking for an argument inside it'll descend into a farce.

Let them have their meeting. Don't book tickets unless you want to go, it's unfair on those who have an interest in attending.
    Unfair?
    Keeping impressionable people away from those individuals is the most charitable thing anyone will ever do for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,278 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

except if you turn up and have a dissenting opinion you would be thrown out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Have you read the terms and conditions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭easygoing39

I cant find them on the ticketsoucre website now.Maybe its sold out???

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Unfair?
    Keeping impressionable people away from those individuals is the most charitable thing anyone will ever do for them.

"Down with that sort of thing.
    Careful now"

;)

I'm all for freedom of choice.

Did they not get it fairly inaccurate the last time? Tell me do you think if they polled with the question: do you want Ireland to be part of an superstate with no control over it's economic policy they would get the same result? The EU for the last while have been pumping out the oul polls in a propaganda effort that everything is Rosey in the garden and to try appeal to people's sheep mentality..

Red C didn't do a Brexit poll but were pretty open to possibility of a leave vote. Can you point me to the swell of public for Irexit? So far it seems to be a minute few.
    http://www.redcresearch.ie/brexit-polls-lessons-ireland/

• Advertisement

Irexit/IreExit is such a terrible name. If we're going to commit economic suicide then we should at least go with a vaguely amusing moniker like "Byereland". Or a good ol' "Éiramach" in ár dteanga féin.
    Doltanian wrote: »
    I see nothing wrong with Ireland leaving the EU, it has caused this country untold damage since we joined

This is, quite literally, the single dumbest thing I have ever read on this forum. I really hope you're a troll, if not then it's actually quite depressing that somebody like you has a vote equal to that of a rational, educated person.
    "I've said it before and I'll say it again - democracy simply doesn't work."

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

RasTa wrote: »
    Who is going?
    Mostly morons. Non-morons will be idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Unfair?

Sounds a bit fascisty...

endacl wrote: »
    Mostly morons. Non-morons will be idiots.

not forgetting the occasional gob****e

Feck sake where's srameen when ya need him :D

Sounds a bit fascisty...

and holding what amounts to a rally with no dissenting voices is what exactly?

Red C didn't do a Brexit poll but were pretty open to possibility of a leave vote. Can you point me to the swell of public for Irexit? So far it seems to be a minute few.
    http://www.redcresearch.ie/brexit-polls-lessons-ireland/

While the EU no doubt enjoys majority support here I don't think it's in the figures they are coming out with,ask the question do you want to be part of a European superstate and I can guarantee you'd get a different result...now if only they would ask the people if they wanted that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Sounds a bit fascisty...

Well, if Trump and Brexit have taught us one thing, you can only tolerate the intolerable for so long.

A great idea judging the select few on here.

While the EU no doubt enjoys majority support here I don't think it's in the figures they are coming out with,ask the question do you want to be part of a European superstate and I can guarantee you'd get a different result...now if only they would ask the people if they wanted that

Except it isn't a superstate is it?
    Ask them if they want to remain an eu member and then see what they respond.
    You can't guarantee anything except your incoherent views.

• Advertisement

You should head over to the EU fanatics "stand up for Europe" Facebook page...any dissenting voice is banned,including myself...so much for their tolerant,liberal europe

You should head over to the EU fanatics "stand up for Europe" Facebook page...any dissenting voice is banned,including myself...so much for their tolerant,liberal europe

It might be due to the quality of your postings....

probably got tired of the trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

can some1 elaborate on the tickets fcuk up

im missing it and i feel thick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If the EU was as described by some here the UK wouldn't be leaving as it wouldn't be able other than by military means.

It might be due to the quality of your postings....

Some people don't like having their comfie blankey questioned,inconvenient truths will do that to the fanatical

so you complain about leading questions and then want to ask people if they wish to be part of something that only exists in your imagination?

So... if someone is pro eu then they are then a fanatic?
    You can't see the irony that anyone who has said we are better off in the eu within this thread has been responded to with idiotic comments and responses from yourself and a few others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

... do you want to be part of a European superstate and I can guarantee you'd get a different result...now if only they would ask the people if they wanted that

And in a few years time with Turkey in (and moves towards strengthening the 'Barcelona Agreement'), possibility of Italy out and a Danexit an the horizon, opinion could be close to 50:50.

Don't forget the sprinkle of magic powder that is the 12.5% Corp Tax, banished and replaced with EU-wide harmonisation, the economy could take a quick flip very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

No different to anything else these days really. I’m sure you would be alright asking questions as long as you’re not disruptive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement