Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IreExit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Is the site/url not working for anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Our unemployment rate has gone up or down since then?

When you're at bottom,which we were at the time there is only really one way to go...took a while for those jobs to appear too,i remember Lenihan at the time when questioned about this saying there was never any guarantee of jobs....only for a photo of him behind the same banners giving the thumbs up...very embarrassing for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Oh and "vote yes for jobs!"

I remember challenging a canvasser/councillor (?) on that one. His response was along the lines of "sure the EU will be giving us jobs!" and that they'd punish us if we didn't toe the line. Should have been put on bus really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

c_man wrote: »
    I remember challenging a canvasser/councillor (?) on that one. His response was along the lines of "sure the EU will be giving us jobs!" and that they'd punish us if we didn't toe the line. Should have been put on bus really.

Will we ever forget Sarkozy "the Irish must vote again" and was in Dublin within a week...meanwhile the EU were frothing at the mouth over Mugabe and his one man candidate election..the irony was lost on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

thelad95 wrote: »
    Just booked two tickets under a name that doesn’t exist and an email address that has existed for all of two minutes. It would be brilliant to see their seating list full of ‘Mr Homer Simpson’ and ‘Mr Bright Side’.

What is the point of this. If you aren't interested then don't go. I do not believe Ireland should leave the EU but i have no problem with people discussing why we should leave. Why try and ruin their event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Vronsky

backspin. wrote: »
    What is the point of this. If you aren't interested then don't go. I do not believe Ireland should leave the EU but i have no problem with people discussing why we should leave. Why try and ruin their event?

Because they are trying to sow dissent and ruin our country?

Btw, if you are booking tickets use real looking names. Homer Simpson is too easy to screen out, eg Ciaran Hughes is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Excellent

Booked by Mr Gophuc Yerzelf
    Booking Summary Event Irexit: Free to Prosper
    Attendees Sir Gophuc Yerzelf, Lady Ursula Macbeth

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ah, Farage. The prick that got what he wanted, and left for someone else to clean up his mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

More than that, I guess by leaving this open boards.ie has put itself in the position of being a platform from which online trolling is organised. Bit of a dangerous move I imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 LaminatorSGL

Vronsky wrote: »

Because they are trying to sow dissent and ruin our country?

Btw, if you are booking tickets use real looking names. Homer Simpson is too easy to screen out, eg Ciaran Hughes is not.
    How is hiding away different opinions and belittling others good for the country (not accusing you of belittling, more some attitudes in this thread)? All thoughts and ideas should be discussed openly with facts and reason or you risk the silent being forced into a "shock" majority. Or has that lesson gone completely unlearned from the past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Capt. Failte Yacuntye and Miss. Uwhen UrGone are looking foreward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

When you're at bottom,which we were at the time there is only really one way to go...took a while for those jobs to appear too,

So we were clearly at the bottom at that time and it wasn't possible for things to get any worse, like we couldn't have ended up like say Greece? Or unemployment couldn't have gone up another 5 points to Spain levels?

Pity you weren't around here with such optimism at the time, all sorts of doom-mongering were going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Yeah a good bit of mockery and ridicule should sort this lot out.

Worked a treat on trump and brexit leave voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

thelad95 wrote: »
    Just booked two tickets under a name that doesn’t exist and an email address that has existed for all of two minutes. It would be brilliant to see their seating list full of ‘Mr Homer Simpson’ and ‘Mr Bright Side’.

I’m not having some Brit who ruined his country come over and try to ruin mine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Irexit or whatever you want to call it would be a terrible move for our country, but this no platforming, shouting down and shaming carry on is a blight on our society too.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Un1corn

Two tickets booked.

Mr Tim Budong ("Tim Budong" sounds like Chinese for I don't know which is "Ting Bu Dong"")
    Isionseache Farage( Irish Is Ionsioch E?). No Idea if it is correct. Trying to say he is an idiot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,168 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

And look what they've got us. The most powerful nation in the world being run by a thin-skinned, failed businessman/reality TV star who's a pastiche of everything the world ridicules the Americans for and a vote to leave the most prosperous trading bloc in the world because foreigners and German dictatorship. Serious intellectual heavyweights you're describing there alright.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I may be in the minority, but I would fully support a federalist Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

And look what they've got us. The most powerful nation in the world being run by a thin-skinned, failed businessman/reality TV star who's a pastiche of everything the world ridicules the Americans for and a vote to leave the most prosperous trading bloc in the world because foreigners and German dictatorship. Serious intellectual heavyweights you're describing there alright.
    I'm not saying I agree with them I'm saying taking the piss out of them makes them stronger. Let's not make that same mistake again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Vronsky

And that will get what they deserve: stripped back workers rights.

20 of 23 ministers in the UK government have spoken on record as being against the working time directive. It's fair in my opinion to prevent or disrupt some snake oil salesmen coming to take my rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Irexit or whatever you want to call it would be a terrible move for our country, but this no platforming, shouting down and shaming carry on is a blight on our society too.

If it were Irishmen who actually wanted to debate the point because they thought it would be in the interests of their country to leave the EU then I doubt people would have a huge issue with it.

It's Nigel fúcking Farage. Do you think he gives a shít about the people of Ireland? Clearly not, as he campaigned for an event that has the consequences of seriously fúcking up the Good Friday Agreement, and he nor anyone else on his campaign couldn't care less about what happens there. You only have to look at what was coming out of the tory party around the EU negotiations a few weeks ago to see what this type of politician in the UK thinks about Ireland, they haven't a notion what goes on here.

I am completely with you on the shouting down of others being unacceptable and often unhelpful to the cause you are campaigning for, but I'd still be happy enough to see people turn up to this just to throw boiling pots of piss at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm not which is worse, the idiots for it or the idiots against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I'm not saying I agree with them I'm saying taking the piss out of them makes them stronger. Let's not make that same mistake again

I'm not convinced they even got the jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

ted1 wrote: »
    I’m not having some Brit who ruined his country come over and try to ruin mine

Good man, you'll decide for us all then so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    It's something we as a nation need at the very least to be talking about.

Agreed. IrExit is a rubbish name. Better:

ShamrExit.

GreenLeaves.

Fúck your Euro Union, I've a horse outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It will work well here tbh, I think the Irish are alot more worldly in their affairs that either of those left or right of us.

But sure go on paint us with the dim brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Agreed. IrExit is a rubbish name. Better:

ShamrExit.

GreenLeaves.

Fúck your Euro Union, I've a horse outside.

PaddyBgone

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Its not, Nigel Farage should be given a platform alright. off the edge of a ship. The gormless spineless loafer that he is.

No problem taking EU money and then going around crying about it, Oh and he was crying about how he should keep his pension afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

RasTa wrote: »
    11am on a Friday, wonder who the target audience is.

People with an overabundance of rotten fruit & veg they want to use up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement