Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IreExit

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

bear1 wrote: »
    You do realise that Sicily wants autonomy from Italy not the eu?

That's even less likely. Sicily is the Cornwall of Italy, some tourists and fishing and er that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Is John Waters that odd journalist?

Nah sometimes plays up front for Ireland:D

They've actually overtaken Greece (Greece!) as the next to leave, not as significant as France or Germany leaving, but still a strong secondary power on level with e.g. Spain, deciding to sling their hook.

I guess when you see doctors defecating in the middle of the street in a nice picturesque village you'd probably blame the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

They've actually overtaken Greece (Greece!) as the next to leave, not as significant as France or Germany leaving, but still a strong secondary power on level with e.g. Spain, deciding to sling their hook.

So you think the 5 star movement wants to quit the eu?

That's even less likely. Sicily is the Cornwall of Italy, some tourists and fishing and er that's it.

100% agree but just pointing out the flaw in his/her flawed post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Odds to leave before 2025, Ireland is currently fairly safe not to (before 2025) with only 10% implied chance. but lets see what rate Corp Tax is set at after that period:

Screen_Shot_2017-12-19_at_20.50.52.png

• Registered Users Posts: 40,278 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is John Waters that odd journalist?

you describe him a lot more favourably than i would.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

the rally is not until february

Sorry but I've had enough of "experts" telling me when things are on.

I say It's on next Friday ok.

Now this may seem a little delusional but feck it it's what the Brexiteers love to do.

Facks are overrated anyway. :)

Odds to leave before 2025, Ireland is currently fairly safe not to (before 2025) with only 10% implied chance. but lets see what rate Corp Tax is set at after that period:

France & Germany are stated as wanting Ireland to raise the Corp Tax & they to lower theirs. We are more heavily taxed then both countries so where do people think business is going to go?

Wouldn't be keen on doing this to sabotage it. They should be exposed for what they stand for. Give them the oxygen of publicity. And with every layer peeled away of this so-called 'Irexit' we'll see the colour of the Butcher's Apron. They want their whipping boy, and sure wouldn't it be glorious if Paddy the ape could accommodate the bruised egos of the English rabble, now without an Empire to kick ten shades of shíte out of the natives under the pretence of "civilisation" (as this user termed it on this forum in all seriousness). Why won't the Paddies oblige by being the sidekick? Oh, the "British Isles" and "our shared history" they scream at Paddy, trying to win him back with the charm of a rapist recalling the joys of the rape to the victim.

The sort of people who would support a so-called Irexit are nothing but anglocentric, craven, blinkered West Brit cúnts who'd like for nothing but for John Bull to come back and keep the Irish faoi chois for centuries more. They support the Irish returning to the British Commonwealth for the exact same reason: Paddy's place is to humour the ego and world power notions of the English/British imperialist tradition and Paddy should never assert his place independently among the nations of the world.

That's the entirety of what this Irexit bollocksology is all about. And the biggest fúcking amádan of a liúdramán Paddy would at least know that particular pig by its anti-Irish grunt. Irexit # British unionism.

While the John Bruton/Brian Hayes/Avril Doyle/Stephen Collins/Patsy McGarry types would support a return to the old 'Croppies Lie Down!' order, secretly if not openly, most of the rest of the Irish population are not going to emulate turkeys voting for Christmas.

In terms of advancing Irish independence, the EU is the best thing to happen us since the Easter Rising. To think, for the first time in Irish history, the Irish have a power larger than Britain that can protect Irish sovereignty from Britain. This really is a historic shift. We have a protector now and Ireland is not just the pissing pot for Britannia, the place where they send their troublesome Puritan knackers, cadet branches of noble families in search of free land, and troublesome male dregs in British military uniforms to colonise and occupy. 'Move to Ireland/the colonies and you can finally lord it over somebody!' sums up how the British have kept things under control over there for centuries. Now, they all must stay in Britain and become a massive underclass inspired by the false dawns of snake-oil salesmen in the Tories/print media/Farage/Johnson.

If anything this state, and the entire country, is still far, far too intellectually wedded to the notion of England and Englishness being at the centre of the world. I can only hope John Bull's decline leads to the average Irish person expanding his/her conception of Irishness beyond Mother England and her culture and ideas. Vive La France. Vive l'Europe. Vive l'Union Européenne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Well leave tell them we are not paying back the money owed until Germany pays for WW2

Surely you mean "the emergency"

And it was nothing to do with us.

Wouldn't be keen on doing this to sabotage it. They should be exposed for what they stand for. Give them the oxygen of publicity. And with every layer peeled away of this so-called 'Irexit' we'll see the colour of the Butcher's Apron. They want their whipping boy, and sure wouldn't it be glorious if Paddy the ape could accommodate the bruised egos of the English rabble, now without an Empire to kick ten shades of shíte out of the natives under the pretence of "civilisation" (as this user termed it on this forum in all seriousness). Why won't the Paddies oblige by being the sidekick? Oh, the "British Isles" and "our shared history" they scream at Paddy, trying to win him back with the charm of a rapist recalling the joys of the rape to the victim.

The sort of people who would support a so-called Irexit are nothing but anglocentric, craven, blinkered West Brit cúnts who'd like for nothing but for John Bull to come back and keep the Irish faoi chois for centuries more. They support the Irish returning to the British Commonwealth for the exact same reason: Paddy's place is to humour the ego and world power notions of the English/British imperialist tradition and Paddy should never assert his place independently among the nations of the world.

That's the entirety of what this Irexit bollocksology is all about. And the biggest fúcking amádan of a liúdramán Paddy would at least know that particular pig by its anti-Irish grunt. Irexit # British unionism.

While the John Bruton/Brian Hayes/Avril Doyle/Stephen Collins/Patsy McGarry types would support a return to the old 'Croppies Lie Down!' order, secretly if not openly, most of the rest of the Irish population are not going to emulate turkeys voting for Christmas.

In terms of advancing Irish independence, the EU is the best thing to happen us since the Easter Rising. To think, for the first time in Irish history, the Irish have a power larger than Britain that can protect Irish sovereignty from Britain. This really is a historic shift. We have a protector now and Ireland is not just the pissing pot for Britannia, the place where they send their troublesome Puritan knackers, cadet branches of noble families in search of free land, and troublesome male dregs in British military uniforms to colonise and occupy. 'Move to Ireland/the colonies and you can finally lord it over somebody!' sums up how the British have kept things under control over there for centuries. Now, they all must stay in Britain and become a massive underclass inspired by the false dawns of snake-oil salesmen in the Tories/print media/Farage/Johnson.

If anything this state, and the entire country, is still far, far too intellectually wedded to the notion of England and Englishness being at the centre of the world. I can only hope John Bull's decline leads to the average Irish person expanding his/her conception of Irishness beyond Mother England and her culture and ideas. Vive La France. Vive l'Europe. Vive l'Union Européenne.

Gone from part of one Empire to a part of another in one post. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

RasTa wrote: »
    I've ordered two. I won't be showing up so suggest everyone do the same.

I don't get this kind of thinking, though not uncommon. If you don't want there to be an Eirexit or whatever stupid name someone can come up with, then should there ever be a referendum (which there won't) you will have your opertunity to vote as will everyone else. But booking tickets just so as someone, who has a different view to you, can't go along and listen to something that interests them is childish. So many people now are so protective of their views and so intolerant of anyone who has a different view to them. Yet same people are usually the ones preaching tolerance of others.
    To you your view is right, to others it is not. This is life.
    I don't think Ireland should leave the EU, yet had I been in the UK for brexit vote I would have voted in favour.

Right so you can't actually provide proof that the 3 biggest parties in Italy are looking for an eu exit.
    The pd are pro Europe so that's them sorted till early next year.
    Then we have the 5 star movement who have already stated at the end of September that the 100% do not want to leave the eu.
    Then you have forza Italia which is Berlusconis party and they also don't want to leave but they want to exit the euro.
    Want credible links?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eurozone-italy-exit-analysis-idUSKBN15N0JJ

https://www.thelocal.it/20170925/new-five-star-movement-leader-says-the-party-wants-italy-to-stay-in-eu

These aren't idiotic odds.. these are the heads of the parties themselves

I don't get this kind of thinking, though not uncommon. If you don't want there to be an Eirexit or whatever stupid name someone can come up with, then should there ever be a referendum (which there won't) you will have your opertunity to vote as will everyone else. But booking tickets just so as someone, who has a different view to you, can't go along and listen to something that interests them is childish. So many people now are so protective of their views and so intolerant of anyone who has a different view to them. Yet same people are usually the ones preaching tolerance of others.
    I don't think Ireland should leave the EU, yet had I been in the UK for brexit vote I would have voted in favour.

Its the same 'shut them down' ****e they have in America when they dont want to hear the likes of Milo except they would be scared to riot here because they may get a whack of a club so instead book tickets tell the clowns on here & wait for the few thumbs up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Eh yeah we voted to join the EEC not the EU which it has morphed into,do you not think it's people's democratic right to get to decide\vote on were they are ruled from,by who and who makes their laws?

Can the European parliament propose legislation or just the commission?

The democratic deficit cannot be addressed until the peoples of Europe are asked if they want to subjugate to the EU.The problem is the EU already know the answer so will never ask that question.

The EEC only became the EU only because the EU was a more appropriate name for a union that covers more than economic policy. Judging by the prosperity and happiness with the EU, I'd say peoples democratic rights have been respected. Furthermore, we signed and ratified the Maastricht Treaty which is what gave effect to all this.

Also you would do well to read my previous post, we do get a say in who we are ruled by, by who and who makes our laws. It has been known all along that EU law is supreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

I've contacted the relevant people and it's being sorted,lads yous may get your placards ready...and make sure you wear something warm for Christ's sakes...couldn't have you getting a cold standing out there in the cold protesting :pac::D

I've contacted the relevant people and it's being sorted,lads yous may get your placards ready...and make sure you wear something warm for Christ's sakes...couldn't have you getting a cold standing out there in the cold protesting :pac::D

Do you think there will be any tickets being reissued?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,278 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Good man Nigel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Harika

Right so you can't actually provide proof that the 3 biggest parties in Italy are looking for an eu exit.
    The pd are pro Europe so that's them sorted till early next year.
    Then we have the 5 star movement who have already stated at the end of September that the 100% do not want to leave the eu.
    Then you have forza Italia which is Berlusconis party and they also don't want to leave but they want to exit the euro.
    Want credible links?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eurozone-italy-exit-analysis-idUSKBN15N0JJ

https://www.thelocal.it/20170925/new-five-star-movement-leader-says-the-party-wants-italy-to-stay-in-eu

These aren't idiotic odds.. these are the heads of the parties themselves

It is assumed that Italy will get in economic troubles and will be forced to leave the EU. I don't forsee any European country having a referendum for leaving the EU any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Sold out already? It's the hottest show in town obviously.

I imagine you'll be able to pick a ticket up off a tout outside the venue on the evening morning.

Anyone buyin' or sellin'?

Harika wrote: »
    It is assumed that Italy will get in economic troubles and will be forced to leave the EU. I don't forsee any European country having a referendum for leaving the EU any time soon.

Assumed by who? And there is a big difference between assumption and facts.
    Anyway this is a "debate" on Ireland leaving not Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

The typical brexit voter...

James took him apart up until the discussion on immigration. The caller was a little flustered at that point. What he should have said is yeah there are a lot of people already here but we need to control our borders and decide who else can come in. And we can decide who can actually stay. Maybe they aren't here legally.

I believe immigration was the reason brexit happened. In particular Angela Merkels decision to let 1 million migrants into Germany spooked people in the UK, that and the people arriving at Calais. The vote was close. Merkel's recklessness indirectly lead to brexit imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Harika

Assumed by who? And there is a big difference between assumption and facts.
    Anyway this is a "debate" on Ireland leaving not Italy.

Paddy Power assumes it is most likely for Italy. If it would be fact, it would make betting quite boring.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

dav3 wrote: »
    Sold out already? It's the hottest show in town obviously.

I imagine you'll be able to pick a ticket up off a tout outside the venue on the evening morning.

Anyone buyin' or sellin'?

I've got 50. €500 each, the new bitcoin.

I like Farage too, but only when discussing his own country.

This being my favourite speech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

backspin. wrote: »
    I believe immigration was the reason brexit happened. In particular Angela Merkels decision to let 1 million migrants into Germany spooked people in the UK, that and the people arriving at Calais. The vote was close. Merkel's recklessness indirectly lead to brexit imo.

+1. Funny how after Brexit the French sent the bulldozers in to Calais, and there is not a word of it now. ;)

I find it odd in the last EU referendum in Ireland that most people's default view was to vote for whatever was being proposed, unless they had a good reason not to.

For me it makes more sense to vote in favour of the current status quo, unless there is a more convincing argument.

I think it just reveals a certain reverence for the bureaucrats and a lack of real critical thinking when it comes to Germans in smart suits. We seem to trust them instinctively and give them way too much credit for the way they go about their business.

As for Farage, I have yet to see anyone provide any real opposition to his arguments other than to call him a racist and then not back up the claim with one jot of evidence.

maryishere wrote: »
    +1. Funny how after Brexit the French sent the bulldozers in to Calais, and there is not a word of it now. ;)

You mean Calais where there were only Syrian refugees & had only been there since the start of Syrian war?

maryishere wrote: »

That had nothing to do with Brexit.

• Advertisement

I find it odd in the last EU referendum in Ireland that most people's default view was to vote for whatever was being proposed, unless they had a good reason not to.

For me it makes more sense to vote in favour of the current status quo, unless there is a more convincing argument.

I think it just reveals a certain reverence for the bureaucrats and a lack of real critical thinking when it comes to Germans in smart suits. We seem to trust them instinctively and give them way too much credit for the way they go about their business.

As for Farage, I have yet to see anyone provide any real opposition to his arguments other than to call him a racist and then not back up the claim with one jot of evidence.

Some of his speeches or replies back to MEP's in Brussels are quality viewing. I dont get the whole Ireland would be a 3rd world country without the EU. Well we have a bigger debt than Ethiopia by a long way having joined the EU

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement