Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dulux99 wrote: »
    Got stung with that last year. Bought tickets, hotel and flights and the whole lot with no main event announced. Safe to say they will never ever catch me like that again.

I had been over to UFC 204 only a couple of months earlier, a numbered PPV event with a world title fight, and the average UFC London ticket was *more* expensive than the average UFC 204ticket. Complete joke.

Some years back they announced Chuck was fighting in Birmingham (i think it was b'ham), sold tickets, they flew out the door, then he pulls out a few days after tickets sold out :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 12,229 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

scudzilla wrote: »
    Some years back they announced Chuck was fighting in Birmingham (i think it was b'ham), sold tickets, they flew out the door, then he pulls out a few days after tickets sold out :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Was that not London? UFC 85?

Ended up with Alves vs Hughes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Wolf tickets....get your wolf tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

No surprise to see UFC propaganda expert Jim Edwards defending the London card anyway.

The likes of him are so terrified of upsetting the Dana and having access revoked, the lengths they go to defend everything and anything UFC related is beyond belief.

It’s almost as bad as the time when Gareth A Davies said the vast majority of UFC fighters are not unhappy with their pay :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Paully D wrote: »
    No surprise to see UFC propaganda expert Jim Edwards defending the London card anyway.

The likes of him are so terrified of upsetting the Dana and having access revoked, the lengths they go to defend everything and anything UFC related is beyond belief.

It’s almost as bad as the time when Gareth A Davies said the vast majority of UFC fighters are not unhappy with their pay :rolleyes:

He's a worm that fella. He gives me the creeps every time I see him in action. He also was caught plagiarising quite blatantly, he should have no credit within reporting circles imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Who does he write for now? He was with FloCombat for a while, but I think they may have dropped him.

I'm not sure. I just read through his tweets, he talks some complete sh*te.

"According to my timeline many of you're very upset at the fight card and I understand that. Yes in an ideal world you would've got Till/Bisping... maybe even both. That hasn't happened and yes it's disappointing, but they did try for both."

They did try eh? Is that the barometer these days? UFC tried to put on a decent card so they should be commended. Absolute bollocks.  More like they're extremely aware that the demand for tickets is high no matter what crap they put on the card so they're not arsed either way.

The WME era baby!

Surely they have to have better organisational skills than this. When they pick a venue, they should sign at least one fighter to headline. The European cards have gotten even worse (somehow) since the takeover.

taken from a rough translation of an article posted on reddit...
    The UFC will be debuting in Santiago, Chile for a “UFC Fight Night” event on May 19th. Six days later, on May 25th, (the following week) UFC fans will be treated to an event at an unspecified location in Europe.

May 25th is a friday.....so take it with a full ****ing box of salt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Werdum Vs Volkov headlining London

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

ianob7 wrote: »
    Werdum Vs Volkov headlining London

That's way more interesting than Bisping vs Rasheed.

Actually a really good, relevant headliner. The winner will probably be next up for a crack at the winner of DC vs Stipe.

First time ever purchasing tickets for an event without Fight Club tomorrow. Should I pick up a couple tickets easily enough?

The newsletter pre-sale was a mess today and in the end there’s only single tickets left at ridiculous prices. I’m hoping there was only a very limited number for pre-sale with the majority released tomorrow?

I really didn’t think there’d be any hassle given the state of the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

That's way more interesting than Bisping vs Rasheed.

Ya it definitely is ! Still a poor card by all accounts.

Didn't stop me getting tickets this morning though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

dashoonage wrote: »

Anders made it in the end, Prazeres third time missing weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Last week and the same again this week, the cards stink. I really hope when the new TV deal comes around they reduce the number of fighters and events they have. Less is more, I'm just not going to tune into either of these events and the TV numbers are saying a lot of fans aren't interested in this level of card either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Way too many events bring back the WEC type shows, and put on 10 ppvs a year. Doubt fox will resign ufc contract tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

ASOT wrote: »

Yeah he's done now. A disappointing end to a great career. He was probably roided up the entire time but most everyone else probably was too. His UFC run up to the first Weidman fight was phenomenal either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,565 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

ASOT wrote: »

Seems all the "greats" are/were. The sport is a bit of a sham.

The Nal wrote: »
    Seems all the "greats" are/were. The sport is a bit of a sham.

So just like every other sport then?

London sold out in less than 30 minutes :eek:

And people wonder why they throw on any old ****e when it comes to most European events.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Paully D wrote: »
    London sold out in less than 30 minutes :eek:

And people wonder why they throw on any old ****e when it comes to most European events.

I saw someone online saying they are bought by ticket touts but I don't know how they would know that if it is true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭The White Feather

FFS!!

Holloway not officially out of UFC222 yet against Frankie Edgar but expected to be announced shortly.

Story is here on espn

Please no ****ing interim. Also please no aldo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gutted was really looking forward to that fight.

Reckon we get ortega vs edgar for interim title or they pull something from left field

• Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Absolutely ****ing sickened! I hope Frankie sits it out til Max can fight and not fight someone else but don't you know there will be an interim. I'd actually let it slide to see him fight Ortega, interesting matchup.

• Advertisement

That's a disaster. Poor aul Frankie.

It also looks like the wheels are properly in motion for DJ vs TJ. Call me crazy but I just don't care about this fight. TJ is going to completely kill himself to get to the weight and he has loads of challengers at 135.....off the top of my head they could easily do Dillashaw vs Edgar for the BW title!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement