Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Sean O'Malley on the third fight on a numbered PPV? How unlike Dana to try and blow up a prospect with a bit of flash or charisma about him

What's wrong with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Rockhold wasnt happy at all. The amoint of fighters missing weight is scary.

Edit - 188.5lbs, hes gonna struggle to get 185 id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Two hours to weigh back in and he came back an hour later at 187.7lbs, shocking. Id say he realized he couldnt cut it and stopped. Title only on the line for Rockhold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Paully D wrote: »
    Rockhold is a complete and utter arsehole. One of the least likeable fighters on the roster.

Unfortunately, he’ll likely win this fight but it would give me great satisfaction to see Romero cave his face in.

Met him briefly in a night club in Vegas after UFC194 and he actually seemed fairly sound in person. Waited for an age for us to get our camera working for a pic. He comes across as a bit of knob since though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

dulux99 wrote: »
    Sean O'Malley on the third fight on a numbered PPV? How unlike Dana to try and blow up a prospect with a bit of flash or charisma about him

What's wrong with that?
    He's had one fight in the UFC. There's such a thing as too much too soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

ASOT wrote: »
    Two hours to weigh back in and he came back an hour later at 187.7lbs, shocking. Id say he realized he couldnt cut it and stopped. Title only on the line for Rockhold.

The whole interim title is irrelevant. The winner fights Bobby Knuckles is the way to look at it

Who cares. The UFC aren't making stars at the minute and are getting criticised to the high heavens because of it, damned if they do and damned if they don't really. What would you put on the main card instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Did they not have early weigh-ins at this?

Man, I much prefer that old school weigh-in format. The tension of not knowing whether they’ll make weight or not, the dehydration fueled angry staredowns, and the crazy post weigh-in interviews!

Who cares. The UFC aren't making stars at the minute and are getting criticised to the high heavens because of it, damned if they do and damned if they don't really. What would you put on the main card instead?

Who cares indeed. You, evidently. Agree to disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Unprofessional but if missing weight and Rockhold flattened means NO ITERIM it's for the best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

but this is actually the rare time where an interim belt is warranted. Although the redundancy of it will be shown if Romero wins and then he's matched against Whittaker next anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Big money for rockhold since Romero missed weight. Into 4/7 now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

but this is actually the rare time where an interim belt is warranted. Although the redundancy of it will be shown if Romero wins and then he's matched against Whittaker next anyways.

No it defo isn't required you are putting the ball in the court of the fighter holding the interim and weight cut aside we've seen Yoel and Whittaker. What if Rockhold wins and gets injured again? Rake of potential match ups that Whittaker hasn't had yet despite being top of the pile Weidman,Gastelum,Costa etc but no Interim FTW! A number 1 contender fight would have sufficed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

This card start at the regular time?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Lukker- wrote: »
    This card start at the regular time?

Regular time sadly

The most shocking part of that is that he's only 34.

Probably a wise decision from Artem’s team:

https://twitter.com/zabit_mma/status/963139533934968832

• Registered Users Posts: 12,622 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Paully D wrote: »
    Probably a wise decision from Artem’s team:

Can't blame them. Hes an animal.

• Advertisement

Haha Artem knows better than to be turning down any fight in the UFC these days. The phrase ‘beggars can’t be choosers’ springs to mind!

The Nal wrote: »
    Can't blame them. Hes an animal.

Artem is an animal. #GOAT

Haha Artem knows better than to be turning down any fight in the UFC these days.

The tweet says Artem himself accepted but his team declined, which seems pretty believable.

Haha Artem knows better than to be turning down any fight in the UFC these days.

The tweet says Artem himself accepted but his team declined, which seems pretty believable.
    Yeah. I didn't insinuate that I didn't believe him. I find it very plausible that Artem accepted the fight, which is why I said beggars cant be choosers - I imagine nobody knows this better than Artem himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

You don't get a record like Artem's without taking on absolutely everyone.

Lots of fighters claim to do it, but very few actually do. Artem is one of the rare few who will literally fight anyone.

He's a legend and it's been a pleasure to watch him fight live.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,622 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Go easy there lads. I get hes an SBG guy but Artem has lost half of his fights. A couple of them to complete bums aswell.

The Nal wrote: »
    Go easy there lads. I get hes an SBG guy but Artem has lost half of his fights. A couple of them to complete bums aswell.

Nobody's claiming he's an elite fighter or anything.

Yes Artem should be commended for having an ‘anyone anywhere’ mindset but I think, to be fair, there are plenty of journeymen fighters out there who’d adopt the exact same mindset, if the UFC were to continually offer them fights. Is there any other fighter in the UFC with more losses than wins? Apart from CM Punk!

I harbour no dislike whatsoever for Artem, but the fact that he’s managed to have 6 fights in the UFC is a miracle. If he didn’t have the association with McGregor he’d have been out on his ear long ago, and I’m sure he’s under no illusions about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,603 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Let's go Artem!! Calling Conor to go along, scream nice and flowy and then be brought in for a face off against winner of Tony Khabib aka Khabib.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/963536406801940480

• Advertisement

Jesus.

I see Anthony Taylor (Bellator, fought Gallagher and Borics and is a teammate of McKee and Pico) posted a suicide note online last night.

I know he carries on like abit of an idiot but you still obviously wouldn’t like to see anything happen to him.

https://twitter.com/andyste123/status/964751106151731200

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement