Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nothing personal against anyone, but "wolf tickets" is probably the most frequently misused turn of phrase in this entire forum.

Unless it's being said ironically of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

martyos121 wrote: »
    Nothing personal against anyone, but "wolf tickets" is probably the most frequently misused turn of phrase in this entire forum.

Unless it's being said ironically of course.

97% of everything i say is said ironically....the other 4% trolling mcgregor fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

is anyone else looking forward to rockhold v romero?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

akelly02 wrote: »

Totally. It should be a great fight. Two guys who can win fights in a split second on the feet and on the ground but both in very different ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Very much so. Shame they both lost recently mind you.

Looking forward to seeing Tuivasa again too. And Hunt being back. Some huge hitters on the card.

Starting at 7am local time! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I don't really like either, but I dislike Romero a lot less than Rockhold so that's who I'll be rooting for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Hunt, Tuivasa and Tyron Pedro on the same card = you're guaranteed at least one massive KO.
    The big island boys come to bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Luke is a bit grating to listen to at times but coming around to him more and more. Romero seems to have a bit more of a cheeky character but he has an interesting way with words. I'm just hoping for a good fight and hope Rockhold wins so we can see Bobby Knuckles punch him out.
    Shame they both lost recently mind you.

Even though Rockhold won his last fight and the Bisping loss was June 2016?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Even though Rockhold won his last fight and the Bisping loss was June 2016?

Yeah the Bisping fight was his 2nd to last fight. Only fight he'd lost in the 10 years before that was to a drugs cheat. And Romero was on an 8 fight winning streak and looked unbeatable up until the last fight.

Not a big thing but slightly takes the prestige away from it for me. Still really looking forward to it though. As much as I was looking forward to GSPs comeback, Jones/Cormier etc. Big big fight.

If it goes the 5 rounds i cant see romero lasting out. hes too explosive for the gas tank to keep going.

I think rockhold is the more clever fighter, but i think romero is better to watch

all in all a great fight on a dirt card

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    Very much so. Shame they both lost recently mind you.

Looking forward to seeing Tuivasa again too. And Hunt being back. Some huge hitters on the card.

Starting at 7am local time! :eek:

7 am tell me this is a typo?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

He must be talking about Australia time. According to the UFC website the main card starts here at 3AM, so normal PPV time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

It is kicking off at 7am Aussie time unfortunately for those poor f*ckers, no booze being served at the event either apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rockhold is a complete and utter arsehole. One of the least likeable fighters on the roster.

Unfortunately, he’ll likely win this fight but it would give me great satisfaction to see Romero cave his face in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Paully D wrote: »
    Rockhold is a complete and utter arsehole. One of the least likeable fighters on the roster.

Unfortunately, he’ll likely win this fight but it would give me great satisfaction to see Romero cave his face in.

He's probably the least charismatic. Don't think he's that much of an asshole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's probably the least charismatic. Don't think he's that much of an asshole.

I dunno after his creepy comments on that TV show he sounds like a dodgy character.

I know people say it could've been scripted but I honestly can't believe he'd agree to actuallyscript something like that..

I dunno after his creepy comments on that TV show he sounds like a dodgy character.

I know people say it could've been scripted but I honestly can't believe he'd agree to actuallyscript something like that..

Link to what yer referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I think he may well cave his face in.
    I wasn't impressed with rock esp in the first round v branch, will improve no doubt but will need to.

I'll be waiting for Romero's ankle pick takedown.
    Love seeing it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,170 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Local time = Perth Australia
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    I'll be waiting for Romero's ankle pick takedown.
    Love seeing it happen.

Ditto. Just an immense takedown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Hadn't seen that. Slimy enough all right, if that wasn't scripted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Well slimey. Was just reading a new interview with Rockhold and he addresses it:
    One place I’d say my ego got a bad rep is on that dating reality television show you might’ve seen me on a few years ago.

I’ll say this: What I said on that show … that’s not necessarily me. Editing can make you look any way they want you to look. They can misconstrue your words. Not only that, they can subtitle in and give voiceovers like they did in that show.

They put words in my mouth in different scenes from different areas and cut and pasted it to make it look a certain way.

I was joking and trashing the whole show and they elevated it to another level. Let’s be honest in the first place: You’re not going to find the love of your life from a ****ing dating show that goes to the streets of San Diego and L.A., asking people if they want to date a celebrity millionaire.

You talk to 20 girls on those streets and one of them will be the love of your life when they all want to date a celebrity millionaire?

Come on people, let’s be real.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

They dont even have a picture for the main event....

ngxu46te97f01.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

dashoonage wrote: »

ngxu46te97f01.png

I've more interest in the prelims than the main card (except Frankie/Ortega).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

That's actually not a bad card. The return of Cat Zingano, two recognisable HW's, a good prospect in O'Malley and a cracker of a fight between Edgar and Ortega.

I know alot of American based fans were hoping they'd scrap the PPV aspect and go with a Fight Night card, but for us over here, with all the ads the fight night cards are painful to watch live. UFC have done well there imo considering the corner they were painted into.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,633 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looking forward to all the main card fights except Cyborg one.

Let's go Cat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Poor Rockhold - takes himself extremely seriously and ends up coming off as a parody of the overly self invested, vain pro athlete. That scene in Embedded in the sauna was pure unwitting comedy - Luke stretching and rambling off some silly platitudes about fighter mindset to some random aul lad :pac:

Conceive, believe, achieve.

No doubting his ability all the same. Also betting he's as not as silly/ vain to leave his chin hanging about like he did in his last two outings. Feel like he might do the business.

The new embedded is worth a watch for the crazy golf part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

dashoonage wrote: »

ngxu46te97f01.png

Sean O'Malley on the third fight on a numbered PPV? How unlike Dana to try and blow up a prospect with a bit of flash or charisma about him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement