Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

I'm just wondering if there's any point for me going up to Dublin for Stage 2? I'm in the top 130 for my chosen areas but feel I'm too far down the list to eventually end up in the job. Have many people attended the Assessment Centre?

Don't discount yourself yet. In the last CS campaign I did, I jumped from 1580 to 158 between stage 1 and stagr 2 (nationwide rankings)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mmullen1983

Waggamamma wrote: »
    I don't know... I'd say the qualifying score is the same.well I have to try and move all the way up the rankings tomorrow because I just scraped through.Hopefully there will be a few that won't bother going up to Dublin for stage 2!

Are you are also scored on interview? If we make it that far we could come out with much better scores. Fingers crossed !
    I don't think so... as far as I know it's either they like you in the interview and think you're suitable or they don't.Think they just offer interviews based on how you ranked in stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Waggamamma

I don't think so... as far as I know it's either they like you in the interview and think you're suitable or they don't.Think they just offer interviews based on how you ranked in stage 2.

Fair enough I guess.

Fair enough I guess.
    true... Hopefully tomorrow will go well and stage 3 invites will come.its nerve wrecking stuff!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Any idea the amount of positions they are offering us. I'm saving to cover me until I get on shift pay. First month is only basic pay.

• Advertisement

Cedric87 wrote: »
    Any idea the amount of positions they are offering us. I'm saving to cover me until I get on shift pay. First month is only basic pay.
    I'm not sit sure cedric87... someone said in an earlier post between 20 and 30 for castlebar. you would never know... when 2nd choice slots are taken out of the equation it might free up a few more positions in castlebar...and people that don't bother going to Dublin for stage 2.

I'm not sit sure cedric87... someone said in an earlier post between 20 and 30 for castlebar. you would never know... when 2nd choice slots are taken out of the equation it might free up a few more positions in castlebar...and people that don't bother going to Dublin for stage 2.

Perfect thanks. I won't be taking my second choice it's Dublin for me or nothing. I'm sure many are the same.

Perfect thanks. I won't be taking my second choice it's Dublin for me or nothing. I'm sure many are the same.
    I know.. it's the same for me.. mayo or nothing.best of luck !!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 colfah

Does anybody know how many they need in Galway. I think this is a new Garda control room maybe I'm wrong. I wonder how many they need to set it up

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

colfah wrote: »
    Does anybody know how many they need in Galway. I think this is a new Garda control room maybe I'm wrong. I wonder how many they need to set it up

I heard that it's a new control room too.

Necrominus, any idea how many staff are currently employed in Castlebar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 carol.c

Help! My passport was 5 years old in November 2017. I didn't seem the part where your i.d. had to be 5 years old or less. Is there any point in going to Dublin tomorrow for stage 2?

carol.c wrote: »
    Help! My passport was 5 years old in November 2017. I didn't seem the part where your i.d. had to be 5 years old or less. Is there any point in going to Dublin tomorrow for stage 2?

Just being a drivers licence you'll be fine. Or any Id they won't be over strict

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mags4k

I can't find the last email I was sent, but something is telling me it said bring a passport photo, is this correct? Also, is it the confirmation of invitation & photo id? Thanks so much

Chance it. Have you got public services card or drivers license?
    Maybe ring them in morning if you're unsure and have time to.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

mags4k wrote: »
    I can't find the last email I was sent, but something is telling me it said bring a passport photo, is this correct? Also, is it the confirmation of invitation & photo id? Thanks so much

They didnt ask for passport photos or confirmation of invitation. My passport is good few years old and i used that. Id say its fine once you still look like you

My drivers licence is 8 years old and I don't have anything else 😣

A91 wrote: »
    They didnt ask for passport photos or confirmation of invitation. My passport is good few years old and i used that. Id say its fine once you still look like you

Thanks a million. I might chance it so 😊

Chance it. Have you got public services card or drivers license?
    Maybe ring them in morning if you're unsure and have time to.

I don't have anything else and my appointment is for 9am. I have to travel from Kilkenny so no alternative except to just chance my arm :-)

I don't have anything else and my appointment is for 9am. I have to travel from Kilkenny so no alternative except to just chance my arm :-)

Best of luck then Carol. Like what was said above, we didn't have to show confirmation of appointment or give in passport photos so maybe they're being less stringent.

Just being a drivers licence you'll be fine. Or any Id they won't be over strict

Thank you

• Advertisement

Best of luck then Carol. Like what was said above, we didn't have to show confirmation of appointment or give in passport photos so maybe they're being less stringent.

Thanks a million. That really helps

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Decided to pull out of this comp. Can't justify the cost of two trips to Dublin for tests/interviews. I think it's very unfair of PAS to expect people to travel from around the country to attend these things, surely it wouldn't be that much bother to have regional test centres for these competitions, especially when they are calling fairly big numbers to the second stages. Best of luck to everyone else involved.

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Decided to pull out of this comp. Can't justify the cost of two trips to Dublin for tests/interviews. I think it's very unfair of PAS to expect people to travel from around the country to attend these things, surely it wouldn't be that much bother to have regional test centres for these competitions, especially when they are calling fairly big numbers to the second stages. Best of luck to everyone else involved.

I didn't bother either. I decided the money wasn't good enough for long overnight shifts

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rory85

I rang the PAS there to see when results for stage two would be out
    and was told it would be early next week.

I wonder will our order of merit be determined just on the results of the stage
    two verbal and typing or will it also include the stage one behavioural questionnaire score.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ted2015

Hi Rory, i thought the results wouldnt be out until the end of March? next week would be great no more waiting around!! i presume it will be based on Stage 2 alone not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rory85

Ya, knowing at the beginning of next week would be great.

The stage one results were out in two and a half weeks
    so I guess with the smaller number of people progressing
    to stage two they would have the results out in a similar
    time frame.

It just popped into my head that seeing as how it was used
    to determine the oom for stage one that maybe it would be
    used for stage two also. I haven't a clue, maybe not as it
    wouldn't have been tested in a supervised environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ted2015

ya i wouldnt be too sure unless they take both into account and go on an average but i felt as though i did better in stage one rather than stage two so i hope that's the case.

That's great that the results will be hopefully out next week I was thinking a whole month is an awful long wait just to hear.

does anybody have a rough idea when the interviews would be?If the stage 2 results are out next week would it be a safe guess to say 2 weeks after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sweetcake

does anybody have a rough idea when the interviews would be?If the stage 2 results are out next week would it be a safe guess to say 2 weeks after that?

I hope interviews are not held over the Easter hols as I’m going to be out of the country. I thought results at end of March so was happy with that and went ahead with my holiday booking. I’m worried now!

• Advertisement

I'm not sure... normally 10 working days between results and interviews.But after the snow they might be behind on scoring the stage 2 exams.

Advertisement