Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I got a OOM of 340.. Therefore I did not qualify for the next round. Best of luck to all who got through. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Hana98 wrote: »
    Is it the end of the line if you don't get called to stage 2?

Afraid so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

colfah wrote: »
    Does anybody know how many jobs are available in Galway and castlebar areas??

Castlebar needs about 20-30 staff, they placed a few people from the Clerical Officer Campaign so it could be less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Finished in the top 300 for galway and dublin. Which means i'll be in stage 2 group 2 for both of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭themom

I applied for Waterford also and got the same OOM for both which is a bit of a coincidence. I wonder would they have piled them together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

Don't forget to book the test slot before they get booked out

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

Invited to stage 2, but I definitely won't get the day off. Best of luck to everyone else!

Waffleturd wrote: »
    Invited to stage 2, but I definitely won't get the day off. Best of luck to everyone else!

Could you not come down with a mystery illness like myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

Sharon2017 wrote: »
    Waffleturd wrote: »

Could you not come down with a mystery illness like myself?
    It's tempting,but next week is actually my first week in a new role, so it wouldn't look too good for me! I wouldn't have any qualms doing that if I was there for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭JKerova1

People be wary of putting your OOM up on a public forum like this...I wouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mollycasey

Just got my notification on publicjobs and while it says -

Thank you for your participation at Stage 1 tests for Call Taker/Control Room Operator. I wish to advise that while you reached the qualifying standard in each test you are not among those to be invited to stage 2, based on the order of merit you achieved.

Im in cork and the order of merit was 129 and i came in at 132.....

mollycasey wrote: »
    Just got my notification on publicjobs and while it says -

Thank you for your participation at Stage 1 tests for Call Taker/Control Room Operator. I wish to advise that while you reached the qualifying standard in each test you are not among those to be invited to stage 2, based on the order of merit you achieved.

Im in cork and the order of merit was 129 and i came in at 132.....

How do you know the order of merit for Cork was 129?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mollycasey

themom wrote: »
    How do you know the order of merit for Cork was 129?

There was a link a the bottom of the message with the order of merits for each county and cork was 129.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

I'm currently a civil servant I don't want to leave my role for this if the training takes long unless we get paid a good wage during it. Couldn't afford to leave my job for lower pay during training. anyone have a link to the job information booklet ?

Oh ok thanks

mollycasey wrote: »
    There was a link a the bottom of the message with the order of merits for each county and cork was 129.

I don't have that link.Can you see what Waterford was?

Cedric87 wrote: »
    I'm currently a civil servant I don't want to leave my role for this if the training takes long unless we get paid a good wage during it. Couldn't afford to leave my job for lower pay during training. anyone have a link to the job information booklet ?

I'd also like a copy of the booklet if anyone has it

• Registered Users Posts: 15 alundi

themom wrote: »
    I don't have that link.Can you see what Waterford was?
    123 for Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sonas93

I read somewhere previously that training takes a month full time mon-fri, I am not sure if its paid.

Xenji wrote: »
    Castlebar needs about 20-30 staff, they placed a few people from the Clerical Officer Campaign so it could be less.

Any idea how many Cork need?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

What was the cut off for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

Mcmuffin81 wrote: »
    What was the cut off for Dublin

I can't see this link either. Any chance someone can post the numbers for all regions?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 legs akimbo.

Cut off
    Castlebar 176
    Cork 129
    Dublin 170
    Galway 206
    Waterford 123

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

job seeker wrote: »
    Afraid so.

In order to qualify candidates were required to reach the qualifying standard in each of the three tests

I passed two but went down on verbal reasoning by 2 marks, can one make an appeal or Im wasting my time ... I was in for castlebar

lotusm wrote: »
    In order to qualify candidates were required to reach the qualifying standard in each of the three tests

I passed two but went down on verbal reasoning by 2 marks, can one make an appeal or Im wasting my time ... I was in for castlebar

Honestly I'd say you are wasting your time as there are so many entrants who would have well passed.

Anyone know if the call takers are provided with a uniform ?

Anyone know if the call takers are provided with a uniform ?

OH god I hadn't even considered that :(

I hope not!

Sharon2017 wrote: »
    OH god I hadn't even considered that :(

I hope not!

I would have thought there would be some type of uniform.Ambulance dispatch have uniform.

I read an article from 2014 the top man in hardcourt street said he wanted to introduce uniforms for civilian call takers. Not sure if it's the case.

• Advertisement

I read an article from 2014 the top man in hardcourt street said he wanted to introduce uniforms for civilian call takers. Not sure if it's the case.

I'd rather not really as its a clerical job. It wouldn't serve any practicality.

Advertisement