Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Are the interviews going to be arranged through publicjobs.ie? And if I make it past the interview stage, do I get a job offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosslyn51

Planemo wrote: »
    Are the interviews going to be arranged through publicjobs.ie? And if I make it past the interview stage, do I get a job offer?

Not sure how interviews will be arranged. As far as I know from my brother who recently got a job through another campaign you need to pass the interview and after that they hire in order of OOM for any vacancies that are open. Not sure how many vacancies are available in each area currently but it could take a number of months to be called from the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sonas93

Rosslyn51 wrote: »
    Not sure how interviews will be arranged. As far as I know from my brother who recently got a job through another campaign you need to pass the interview and after that they hire in order of OOM for any vacancies that are open. Not sure how many vacancies are available in each area currently but it could take a number of months to be called from the panel

Any Idea whether this is our final OOM minus those who fail stage 3 or if it changes once more based on interview?

sonas93 wrote: »
    Any Idea whether this is our final OOM minus those who fail stage 3 or if it changes once more based on interview?

I'm not sure. With the campaign I'm familiar with hiring was based off your OOM from stage two minus anyone that hadn't passed the interview at stage 3. But its impossible to know if this will follow the same format

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Asdfghjkl1

Hi, can anyone help me, I received my results from stage two and it said

"Further to the completion of the Stage 2 supervised tests in respect of your candidature for the above campaign, I am pleased to inform you that you have reached the qualifying standard."

I clicked castlebar as my preferred location, and it said

"Your Order of Merit placing in your location selection is:
    Castlebar 53 & Galway 66.

The place in order of merit to be invited to an interview was Castlebar 66 and Galway 79.

And at the end of the message it read

"Should your place be reached this office will be in touch with you."

So can somebody tell me if I will be getting an interview or not as I find it confusing, and also does this mean that even though I put Castlebar down as my preferred, could I get an interview for Galway?

I appreciate the help, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Asdfghjkl1 wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone help me, I received my results from stage two and it said
    <snip>

"Your Order of Merit placing in your location selection is:
    Castlebar 53 & Galway 66.

The place in order of merit to be invited to an interview was Castlebar 66 and Galway 79.

And at the end of the message it read

"Should your place be reached this office will be in touch with you."

I read that as saying they will interview up to place 66 for Castlebar (you're at 55 so that includes you) and up to 79 for Galway (you're at 66, so in there too). Congrats.

Not sure they would co-ordinate enough to do it as one interview. Others more au fait with their interview organisation might know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭Augme

So can somebody tell me if I will be getting an interview or not as I find it confusing, and also does this mean that even though I put Castlebar down as my preferred, could I get an interview for Galway?

You will be getting an interview. You'll get one interview and that will count for both Castlebar and Galway. How quickly they move through the OOM for each location will depend on which location you get offered(If successful at interview obviously). If they reach place 53 for Castlebar first you'll get offered that, if they reach 66 for Galway first you'll be offered that.

Anyone any idea when interviews will be held? Getting nervous already any ideas for interview prep/possible questions?

Called them this morning and they said the interview slots will be given out by the end of next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Rosslyn51 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea when interviews will be held? Getting nervous already any ideas for interview prep/possible questions?

Don’t think the interview is too bad actually - but I must find out more and I shall post what I find out

• Advertisement

skearnsot wrote: »
    Don’t think the interview is too bad actually - but I must find out more and I shall post what I find out

I do know that if they ask you to tell them about yourself - don’t mention the personal stuff like kids age marital status etc - that’s an open question for you to let rip about how friggin fabulous you are @ everything in ur job

Would anybody know a rough idea of the questions they will ask? Would it be like normal interview questions or different because of the role?

Would anybody know a rough idea of the questions they will ask? Would it be like normal interview questions or different because of the role?

Ok so I did a bitta askin around - to the best of my knowledge it’s “scenario type” questions as per the normal interview style for the civil service

• Registered Users Posts: 8 simpletruth

Anyone figured out the actual average weekly take home pay for this job (after training)?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AGS2017

Hi all,
    Am in the 250’s for this campaign for Dublin and understand only up to 170’s for Dublin were invited to stage 2.
    Am I right in thinking there’s slim to no chance of my order of merit getting called to the supervised testing/interviews?
    Were there many no-shows for the second round for those who were invited to aptitudes and interviews?

Well I just rang PAS to see could I find out when the slots would be out for interviews - while the guy was very polite - he had no notion of giving ANY info and told me if I was to be called I’d get notification via message board and I’d get 2 weeks notice of interview. Kinda felt like I had me knuckles rapped with a wooden spoon for puttin me finger into a bowl of chocolate!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

skearnsot wrote:
    Well I just rang PAS to see could I find out when the slots would be out for interviews - while the guy was very polite - he had no notion of giving ANY info and told me if I was to be called I’d get notification via message board and I’d get 2 weeks notice of interview. Kinda felt like I had me knuckles rapped with a wooden spoon for puttin me finger into a bowl of chocolate!!!

As far as I know PAS have nothing to do with the competition anymore. Once the aptitude test are done and dusted they hand everything over to whoever employed them.

Weird, I called PAS this time last week when they told me interviews will be given out by the end of this week. Maybe they just got sick of people calling :pac:

Planemo wrote: »
    Weird, I called PAS this time last week when they told me interviews will be given out by the end of this week. Maybe they just got sick of people calling :pac:

Yeh I’d say that’s the most likely reason - they’ve always been forthcoming with information and n fairness. The guy on the phone was polite but did make me feel like a naughty child for ringing :):):)! I’m thinkin tomorrow will be the day

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Got invited to book a slot for interview just there. Looking like the end of April for the actual interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Got invited to book a slot for interview just there. Looking like the end of April for the actual interviews.

Was that through public jobs or email?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

Kablamo! wrote: »

Got my message through public jobs, interviews will commence on April 9th and will take place over a few days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

DeanoG14 wrote: »
    Got my message through public jobs, interviews will commence on April 9th and will take place over a few days.

From 23rd of April on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

spurious wrote: »
    From 23rd of April on mine.

What area? I'm in for Galway/Castlebar

Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dub70

Having trouble opening the application link to fill out form, anyone manage to open it?

Just booked my interview, got a message to my e-mail and they told me to log into my public jobs account messages 😀😀

dub70 wrote: »
    Having trouble opening the application link to fill out form, anyone manage to open it?

It works OK in Adobe Reader for me.

i've uninstalled and reloaded adobe and not working. will have to try another pc

• Advertisement

Finally got it to open

Advertisement