Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Anyone here in today for state two ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

Cedric87 wrote: »
    Anyone here in today for state two ?

No tomorrow. Best of luck. Let us know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I'm in at 3. The hanging around is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I was in at eleven. Glad to have it out of the way now.

Well that was great fun, results at the end of march seems a bit of a stretch.

• Advertisement

Kablamo! wrote: »
    I was in at eleven. Glad to have it out of the way now.

How was it? How long were you in there for ?

A91 wrote: »
    How was it? How long were you in there for ?

It's an hour max

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mmullen1983

how did the call audio go?is it physically possible to complete 8 pages in 5 minutes?

how did the call audio go?is it physically possible to complete 8 pages in 5 minutes?

I would be seriously impressed if someone finished the 8

Cedric87 wrote: »

I would be seriously impressed if someone finished the 8
    Same as that... on the practice tests I'm getting all 8 done with 50/55 seconds left.But they are a lot shorter than the real test!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Waggamamma

Does anyone know do you have to bring a printed copy of invite to stage 2? I'm sure I read a screen shot is ok but I can't find where it's written to confirm that. Thanks

Waggamamma wrote: »
    Does anyone know do you have to bring a printed copy of invite to stage 2? I'm sure I read a screen shot is ok but I can't find where it's written to confirm that. Thanks

I also read that a screenshot is ok

I thought so. Thanks. Good luck with it! I'm not up until tomorrow but feeling a bit anxious today.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ted2015

Hi, where are you all doing the practice tests for the call handling? i can only do it once and it says exercise complete? if someone could help me out that would be great in on Friday!

March is a very long stretch to waiting to hear and then interviews if were lucky.

Ted2015 wrote: »
    Hi, where are you all doing the practice tests for the call handling? i can only do it once and it says exercise complete? if someone could help me out that would be great in on Friday!

March is a very long stretch to waiting to hear and then interviews if were lucky.
    check your emails from PAS... it has a link for practice tests.Best of luck .

I'm in same boat but my email link to practice tests only let me do 18 seconds of it. Can log in again.

I'm in same boat but my email link to practice tests only let me do 18 seconds of it. Can log in again.
    Did you copy and paste the link because when I click on the link it's inactive.

I clicked link initially and got 18 seconds worth. Copied link and it said exercise completed.

I clicked link initially and got 18 seconds worth. Copied link and it said exercise completed.
    Is that the link from the administration booklet or the separate email from PAS?

Is that the link from the administration booklet or the separate email from PAS?

From booklet and was directed to log on to typing test via email confirmation sent by PAS if that makes sense.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill got it via email i was using the material book thanks again :)

From booklet and was directed to log on to typing test via email confirmation sent by PAS if that makes sense.
    Check your emails separately... not from the booklet.if you search your emails from PAS... all capital letters it should help.it might say "exercise is completed " but click run exercise anyway and it will work.

Check your emails separately... not from the booklet.if you search your emails from PAS... all capital letters it should help.it might say "exercise is completed " but click run exercise anyway and it will work.

Got it thank you very much.

Got it thank you very much.
    You are very welcome...Hopefully it will bring me good luck tomoro!!Which are are you looking for?I'm hoping for castlebar.

Castlebar aswell i just wonder what type of results you need to be getting in round two to be called to stage three was round one tight enough? ah best of luck tomorrow

You are very welcome...Hopefully it will bring me good luck tomoro!!Which are are you looking for?I'm hoping for castlebar.

I have applied for Galway. Best of luck, might see you up there tomorrow!

Ted2015 wrote: »
    Castlebar aswell i just wonder what type of results you need to be getting in round two to be called to stage three was round one tight enough? ah best of luck tomorrow
    I don't know... I'd say the qualifying score is the same.well I have to try and move all the way up the rankings tomorrow because I just scraped through.Hopefully there will be a few that won't bother going up to Dublin for stage 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Shopassistant

I'm just wondering if there's any point for me going up to Dublin for Stage 2? I'm in the top 130 for my chosen areas but feel I'm too far down the list to eventually end up in the job. Have many people attended the Assessment Centre?

I'm just wondering if there's any point for me going up to Dublin for Stage 2? I'm in the top 130 for my chosen areas but feel I'm too far down the list to eventually end up in the job. Have many people attended the Assessment Centre?

You might improve your oom after stage 2.
    How interested are you in the job? I desperately want it but am not convinced I will get placed being in top 50 in my area but I'm going to give it a shot.
    I have been told of a few people who are not going to continue despite invitation to stage 2 so you never know.
    Good luck with whatever you decide.

• Advertisement

I don't know... I'd say the qualifying score is the same.well I have to try and move all the way up the rankings tomorrow because I just scraped through.Hopefully there will be a few that won't bother going up to Dublin for stage 2!

Are you are also scored on interview? If we make it that far we could come out with much better scores. Fingers crossed !

Advertisement