Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

I'm not sure... normally 10 working days between results and interviews.But after the snow they might be behind on scoring the stage 2 exams.

It would be brilliant to find out as I’m losing the will to live in my present employ! I thought all results would be electronically processed which would mean snow shouldn’t really make a difference.............or am I wrong? Good luck all - hope we all get the desired results 👌😊

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mmullen1983

skearnsot wrote: »
    I'm not sure... normally 10 working days between results and interviews.But after the snow they might be behind on scoring the stage 2 exams.

It would be brilliant to find out as I’m losing the will to live in my present employ! I thought all results would be electronically processed which would mean snow shouldn’t really make a difference.............or am I wrong? Good luck all - hope we all get the desired results 👌😊
    I'm not sure to be honest.... hopefully we will know early next week.Then stage 3 and wait all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Can someone explain the 25% shift allowance please. I know gross pay is approx. €430, but do you get 25% p/w on top of that and then including allowances for Sunday and b/h?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Kimiko2012 wrote: »
    Can someone explain the 25% shift allowance please. I know gross pay is approx. €430, but do you get 25% p/w on top of that and then including allowances for Sunday and b/h?
    Thanks

Yeah that's it. My current job I get 27% shift so your basic and then an extra 25% of that sum plus allowances.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Kimiko2012 wrote: »
    Thanks

Also if you are coming from The civil service into this job you carry any of your pay increases over to this role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Cedric87 wrote: »
    Also if you are coming from The civil service into this job you carry any of your pay increases over to this role.

Thanks Cedric87... I understand it now. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sonas93

sweetcake wrote: »
    I hope interviews are not held over the Easter hols as I’m going to be out of the country. I thought results at end of March so was happy with that and went ahead with my holiday booking. I’m worried now!

Same here.

sonas93 wrote: »
    sweetcake wrote: »
    I hope interviews are not held over the Easter hols as I’m going to be out of the country. I thought results at end of March so was happy with that and went ahead with my holiday booking. I’m worried now!

Same here.
    Anybody hear anything yet?

Not a peep - & Iv the phone glued to me in case anything comes in - the waiting is a pain

Not a peep - & Iv the phone glued to me in case anything comes in - the waiting is a pain
    Same as that... I got a job alert earlier and I nearly dropped.hopefully we will hear something today.its meant to be early this week.

• Advertisement

Same as that... I got a job alert earlier and I nearly dropped.hopefully we will hear something today.its meant to be early this week.

Yeh that’s why Iv me phone stuck to me - ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ted2015

Do you think today is the day? i really hope we hear something soon :)

Ted2015 wrote: »

I’m so bloody tempted to ring them - wish I never saw the post bout it being early this week :) I’m all excited about it and I have no right to be - might’ve done chronic!!!! How’d everybody else find the supervised test?

I’m so bloody tempted to ring them - wish I never saw the post bout it being early this week :) I’m all excited about it and I have no right to be - might’ve done chronic!!!! How’d everybody else find the supervised test?
    I rang on Friday and they said hopefully early this week but couldn't say for certain.Um not overly confident about my results anyway so will just have to wait and see.

I rang on Friday and they said hopefully early this week but couldn't say for certain.Um not overly confident about my results anyway so will just have to wait and see.

Yeh just rang them now and I was told “they should be out before the end of the week”. Either way we only have 3 days wait by looks of it. Yeh I’m not sure at all bout how I did! Besta luck to us all then as the wait continues

i dont think i did that well in the supervised call handling test but better in the supervised yes no cannot say test it's hard to tell i didnt feel like i did great but i'd just rather get the waiting around over with now at this stage i say Friday afternoon we will hear.

Results out, no mention of when the interviews are yet

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Yeah just got a message that I reached the qualifying standard, does that guarantee an interview?

Planemo wrote: »
    Yeah just got a message that I reached the qualifying standard, does that guarantee an interview?

Well at the bottom it shows your place. Then theres a link to a table showing how many are being called to stage three. So thats how you know.

I am so confused i got a message that i reached the qualifying standard for my area but that i rank just outside of the number they are INITIALLY interviewing does that mean i may still get an interview?

• Advertisement

Id imagine the people not initally called may be called further down the line, months maybe.This panel may be in use for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 annatuk29

Well at the bottom it shows your place. Then theres a link to a table showing how many are being called to stage three. So thats how you know.

Could anoybody post the qualifying numbers cant open it on my phone.. TIA

I am so confused i got a message that i reached the qualifying standard for my area but that i rank just outside of the number they are INITIALLY interviewing does that mean i may still get an interview?

could you post the numbers cant open them in my phone..Thanks a mil if u can

annatuk29 wrote: »
    could you post the numbers cant open them in my phone..Thanks a mil if u can

Castlebar 66
    Cork 49
    Dublin 114
    Galway 79
    Waterford 56

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

Could anoybody post the qualifying numbers cant open it on my phone.. TIA

Castlebar 66
    Cork 49
    Dublin 114
    Galway 79
    Waterford 56

Castlebar 66
    Cork 49
    Dublin 114
    Galway 79
    Waterford 56

Cheers thank you so so much!! I was cracking up here... best of luck.to everybody...

So if you qualify and rank outside the initial 66 for castlebar are you likely to get called ?after the 2nd preference slots are freed up I would imagine there is a good chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Reddy123

Cheers thank you so so much!! I was cracking up here... best of luck.to everybody...
    Anyone get there places for Castlebar? And how different were they from the last results?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Reddy123

So if you qualify and rank outside the initial 66 for castlebar are you likely to get called ?after the 2nd preference slots are freed up I would imagine there is a good chance!

It depends how many they are looking for, and how many turn up for and pass interview stage, but at a guess I would say out of 66 that will fill positions and a panel for quite a while ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

Reddy123 wrote: »
    Anyone get there places for Castlebar? And how different were they from the last results?

My place was 2x better than stage one and I didnt feel I did any better or worse. I was in 40s now in 10s. What about you?

Advertisement