Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ted2015

my results were different for castlebar second time round i actually ranked lower again. if they are interviewing 66 people and they have 20 places i am sure they will fill them easily.

thats a great result well done

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Reddy123

sonas93 wrote: »
    My place was 2x better than stage one and I didnt feel I did any better or worse. I was in 40s now in 10s. What about you?

I was 20 the last time and 5 this time but I did feel I did better.

Ted2015 wrote: »
    my results were different for castlebar second time round i actually ranked lower again. if they are interviewing 66 people and they have 20 places i am sure they will fill them easily.

I agree, so where did you place? Interviews are in April

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sonas93

I wouldnt lose hope yet its very hard to know how many out of 66 actually turn up and are suitable. Id imagine more will be called down the line if needed.

• Advertisement

Reddy123 wrote: »
    I agree, so where did you place? Interviews are in April

How do you know they are in April?

How do you know they are in April?

I asked, they are provisionally booked for April

Reddy123 wrote: »
    I asked, they are provisionally booked for April

Thats great, thanks!

Ya heres hoping that some of the slots free up with people's second choice preference being somewhere else. I heard that there is 30 jobs going in Castlebar so fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sweetcake

Is this our final panel number or does it change again following interview?

• Advertisement

Ya heres hoping that some of the slots free up with people's second choice preference being somewhere else. I heard that there is 30 jobs going in Castlebar so fingers crossed :)

Thats right, some of the 66 for castlebar may be second choice and no intention of taking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mmullen1983

Thats right, some of the 66 for castlebar may be second choice and no intention of taking it.
    what are the odds of getting in if ranked over 100????

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dub70

Anyone apply for Dublin and qualify?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosslyn51

Will order of merit be affected by interview or is this our final number? Any one heard anything about how many jobs are going in Cork?

i say this is just to get you to the interview and then based on interview alone you will be offered or declined the position just my thinking on same.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

dub70 wrote: »

Yip. Came in the top twenty.

oh and your references and then they will need Garda Clearance before offering the position

• Registered Users Posts: 34 annatuk29

Yes in the forties but its my second choice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

what are the odds of getting in if ranked over 100????

Definitely don’t lose hope!! Believe me when they find out the shifts involved they’ll run a country mile!! Guaranteed. They’ll tip 100 within months plus it’s busier it’s getting there.

Does anyone have the pay scale? I saw it a while back but cant find it now.

• Advertisement

New competition up on Public Jobs for control room operator with AGS. 4 x 12 hour shifts on & 4 days off, with 25% shift allowance + Sunday & bank holiday allowances when rostered. Standard civil service starting scale of €438 gross p/w.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭touchwood

dub70 wrote: »
    34 in dublin

annatuk29 wrote: »

New competition up on Public Jobs for control room operator with AGS. 4 x 12 hour shifts on & 4 days off, with 25% shift allowance + Sunday & bank holiday allowances when rostered. Standard civil service starting scale of €438 gross p/w.

Thanks. Wondering what the higher scales are. I thought there were another 3 or 4 points on the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Crumtrin

Hi, I finished in the 40’s for both Cork and Waterford ? Does this mean I will automatically get an interview in April or do I have to wait until they go through the people ahead first ? And also if I am interviewed in April, will the interview change my place in the order of merit ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sinead_166

I applied for Dublin. Was 92 oom nd after supervised tests I'm 29 now. Anyone know how many they're taking on in Dublin?

Is this job up on public job snow?

I think the pay scale has gone slightly up from 438 to 442 per week gross. Not a lot but still. With the 25% might be extra few euros.

No I got it from from the first post on this thread

No I got it from from the first post on this thread
    Thanks... I went looking there but it's an older post.im just trying to cover all my bases.didnt rank high enough for castlebar for now anyway but maybe down the line I might get a call!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Gra08

I’m in the top 40 for Dublin... just wondering if anyone has any idea how many people they are actually taking on in Dublin?

Advertisement