Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rachel96

dub70 wrote: »
    Finally got it to open

I can't open it at all either, how did you manage it!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dub70

Ended up having to delete adobe and re-installing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rachel96

Ended up having to delete adobe and re-installing.

Thanks a million I don't know how but I just got it to open! Talk about frustrating lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Having trouble opening the application link to fill out form, anyone manage to open it?

Try copying the link to your desk top - then open it on your desktop - I think that’s how it’s done

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Oliolioli

You have to open it with Internet Explorer. It doesn't work with Chrome or Mozilla. So I was told on the phone. Would have been helpful to mention that in the message!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mac1993

For the actual form, anyone else find it strange that they are asking about Management Level, Number of staff reporting to you and Annual budget allocation?

This is an entry level position?

Or am I overthinking this?

Mac1993 wrote: »
    For the actual form, anyone else find it strange that they are asking about Management Level, Number of staff reporting to you and Annual budget allocation?

Just put N/A if you don’t have management experience I would say! It’s what I will be doing 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosslyn51

I can't understand why this is being asked either

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lauryn_212

Still unable to open the link, any more suggestions on how to open??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Lauryn_212 wrote: »
    Still unable to open the link, any more suggestions on how to open??

Have you tried a new fresh installation of Adobe Reader? That's what did it for me I think.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Have you tried a new fresh installation of Adobe Reader? That's what did it for me I think.

I just rang to book the interview and I got an email sent to me on how to open, thank you

I rang to confirm my interview this morning & Iv not received any form of confirmation - does it take them long to send this email?

skearnsot wrote: »
    I rang to confirm my interview this morning & Iv not received any form of confirmation - does it take them long to send this email?

I was told on the phone you get your confirmation of the interview by the end of the week when the deadline closes

skearnsot wrote: »

In the same boat as you! Hopefully we will hear soon

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

Hi everyone, well done for getting this far!

Does anyone have the original information booklet saved? I thought I downloaded it, but I cant find it anywhere!

Thanks!

facade wrote: »
    Hi everyone, well done for getting this far!

Does anyone have the original information booklet saved? I thought I downloaded it, but I cant find it anywhere!

Thanks!

Hopefully that's attached

Hopefully that's attached

THANKS!!!! I really appreciate it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Martaw

Does anyone know how soon after interview you'd know if you were successful for such position?
    I know it would depend on the grading, but how soon do they call the highest graded?

Martaw wrote: »
    Does anyone know how soon after interview you'd know if you were successful for such position?
    I know it would depend on the grading, but how soon do they call the highest graded?

They’ve moved incredibly quickly already in comparison to any other campaign! I would say within the week or fortnight after the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Asdfghjkl1

I have updated my adobe and it will still not let me open the link which was attached and has to be sent back. Can anyone help me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Asdfghjkl1

I have gotten my form filled out, and have sent it back to the e-mail address given from my own personal e-mail address is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 annatuk29

I think the email we have to send it back to is cro2018@publicjobs.ie

Asdfghjkl1 wrote: »
    I have updated my adobe and it will still not let me open the link which was attached and has to be sent back. Can anyone help me?

Hi, I had to change my internet explorer settings to work with the new version of abode. After I installed the new version of abode, and opened a Chrome tab, I was given instructions on how to do it.

I sent mine to my own email address to make sure it was correct but it was just showing the initial first form (Wait for page to load)
    I think there is a save/cloud icon on Adobe that you press to upload the document. That's what I have done so really not sure if this is what you do or not.. maybe check by sending it on to your own email. I have spent the last two hours trying to figure it out and then pressed that icon. It is now faded which I guess means it has been sent.

Can anyone else clarify this please??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sweetcake

annatuk29 wrote: »
    I sent mine to my own email address to make sure it was correct but it was just showing the initial first form (Wait for page to load)
    I think there is a save/cloud icon on Adobe that you press to upload the document. That's what I have done so really not sure if this is what you do or not.. maybe check by sending it on to your own email. I have spent the last two hours trying to figure it out and then pressed that icon. It is now faded which I guess means it has been sent.

Can anyone else clarify this please??

I’m having the same problem. I got it filled and saved it in my documents as a pdf but when I check to see if it has attached properly to the email it just opens the blank page saying it can’t redirect. Can anyone help?

sweetcake wrote: »
    I’m having the same problem. I got it filled and saved it in my documents as a pdf but when I check to see if it has attached properly to the email it just opens the blank page saying it can’t redirect. Can anyone help?

I thought the same, but I sent it to myself and when I received it, I downloaded it instead of just trying to preview it, and the entire form was there.

So I sent it off to the correct email address and I got an email confirmation that it has been received.

Finally got it sent off, downloaded it and viewed through PDF, thanks so much for all the help and advice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 A91

I rang last week to book interview slot and sent my form last night but have not received confirmation of either ?

A91 wrote: »
    I rang last week to book interview slot and sent my form last night but have not received confirmation of either ?
    I don’t think
    we will get confirmation of interview until end of this week.
    You should check about your form though because they do email to confirm receipt of form.

• Advertisement

facade wrote: »
    I thought the same, but I sent it to myself and when I received it, I downloaded it instead of just trying to preview it, and the entire form was there.

So I sent it off to the correct email address and I got an email confirmation that it has been received.

I got an email to say they had received my form so hoping that it just shows the page with the note on it until they download and save it at their end.

Advertisement