Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Kimbot wrote:
    I'll be on this evening for a few games

Won't be on till 10ish if that suits?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Won't be on till 10ish if that suits?

way past my bed time man :P ah I done a few bits solo and hit the hay but should be on tis even as I think herself is doing darkess into light tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Anyone still playing D1? Wouldn’t mind a go or 3 at getting the crux from crota if anyone still has it installed

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

jackrussel wrote: »
    Anyone still playing D1? Wouldn’t mind a go or 3 at getting the crux from crota if anyone still has it installed

Still have mine installed. Xbox one if any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Still have mine installed. Xbox one if any use?

PS4. I should have said that. Apologies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,141 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jackrussel wrote: »

A few of us still have it - were playing the PvP and private matches a few weeks ago (great fun).

Shouldn't be too much of an issue to run through Crota, the normal version of it is easier than a D2 strike!

A few of us still have it - were playing the PvP and private matches a few weeks ago (great fun).

Shouldn't be too much of an issue to run through Crota, the normal version of it is easier than a D2 strike!

One of my biggest D1 achievements was solo-ing the original Crota Raid with my Hunter!!
    One uppercut with Raze-Lighter dropped Crota.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So the Warmind DLC,probably the blandest bit of content so far for me. Played for about 2hrs the other night,may not ever go back to it again.

Being that thats the last bit of DLC i have pre paid for i may never actually revisit the game at all again either.

Im actually struggling to see how they got so much wrong with the sequel,its a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

EoinHef wrote: »
    So the Warmind DLC,probably the blandest bit of content so far for me. Played for about 2hrs the other night,may not ever go back to it again.

Being that thats the last bit of DLC i have pre paid for i may never actually revisit the game at all again either.

Im actually struggling to see how they got so much wrong with the sequel,its a shame.

Picked up the "digital special edition" for the xbone a few months ago when it was going on sale. Feel like I was duped even with the markdown!

Also, odd issue is that I've selected the four Adventures on Mars but they're now not appearing on the map! Anyone else having problems?

verycool wrote: »
    Picked up the "digital special edition" for the xbone a few months ago when it was going on sale. Feel like I was duped even with the markdown!

Also, odd issue is that I've selected the four Adventures on Mars but they're now not appearing on the map! Anyone else having problems?

I have a feeling that the player base will fall off a cliff now as many people held on for the DLC as they had pre-purchased ahead of D2 launch.

Now there is nothing keeping anyone other the the streamers and Trials carriers and even are migrating over to fortnight.

The next DLC should be big and free!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,141 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I have a feeling that the player base will fall off a cliff now as many people held on for the DLC as they had pre-purchased ahead of D2 launch.

Now there is nothing keeping anyone other the the streamers and Trials carriers and even are migrating over to fortnight.

The next DLC should be big and free!!

unless they do a summer DLC similar to the April update we got in D1, there is no chance of the September release being free. IIRC Taken King was full price and RoI was 40. something like that I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

unless they do a summer DLC similar to the April update we got in D1, there is no chance of the September release being free. IIRC Taken King was full price and RoI was 40. something like that I think.

TTK was €40, RoI was €30.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

verycool wrote: »

Once you complete the 4 adventures they are removed from the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Kimbot wrote: »
    This.

You should be able to re-select them from Ana's menu, as well as the heroic one

Tazzimus wrote: »
    This.

You should be able to re-select them from Ana's menu, as well as the heroic one

Ah yeah, I've already completed them. But you know the way they reset so you're able to play them again? That's not working for me. The heroics are working fine.

So, they're coming up as "already active" (so I can't select or de-select), but the 'activation points' (orange icons) aren't showing up on the map.

I posted this on Bungie's help forum and one or two are having the same issue (playing as Titan). Very odd.

I have to say I am enjoying the new update, so far I have only really messed around solo trying to get my tractor cannon catalyst to drop but its not getting repetitive yet which is nice :D

I played a few games of competitive SOLO PVP yesterday - It was a car crash. It reminded me of trials in D1 - Just thrashed in every game.. never again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I was really interested in playing Comp for the Redricks Claymore and as a chance to overall improve at PvP in a Group.... then I was reminded there's no Radar and my enthusiasm quickly evaporated.

I was really interested in playing Comp for the Redricks Claymore and as a chance to overall improve at PvP in a Group.... then I was reminded there's no Radar and my enthusiasm quickly evaporated.

No radar is good tho in fairness, I haven't ventured into comp at all yet but I will haha

Oh and I done a guided nightfall yesterday and it was a pain waiting, 20 odd mins, bit it was good to be able to get it done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Played it a little bit. Its not the worst but the TTK still feels off and I'm not fully convinced by the radar. My biggest issue is the FOV, it just feels so zoomed in after playing other games and really doesn't work with no radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

No radar is good tho in fairness, I haven't ventured into comp at all yet but I will haha

Oh and I done a guided nightfall yesterday and it was a pain waiting, 20 odd mins, bit it was good to be able to get it done :)
    If only you knew other people playing the game :P

It feels strange that the nightfall's are easier than heroics these days.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    If only you knew other people playing the game :P

It feels strange that the nightfall's are easier than heroics these days.

Ah no I just wanted to see if he guided games was any good or toxic cos I had seen some of the FB groups complaining that it was beyond toxic but I got through it fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

RL rearing its head, so not around much these days. Tried a heroic yesterday (mars Nokris strike - I've done easier Nightfalls) - that "melee damage is fatal" mod sucks when hordes of thralls pop out of nowhere and descend on you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Feels odd being so far behind everyone for once, I'm only getting a couple of hours a week to level l up so progress is slow.

Anyone found an efficient way to level up the aul light reasonably quickly.

Outside of milestones and the raid, you cannot - I went exotic farming yesterday and even they are capped to your max light. Reset in a few hours and I'll give it another go. Currently at 352!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,995 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

How's the PvE side? Been finishing GoW, haven't stuck my head back in yet.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Feels odd being so far behind everyone for once, I'm only getting a couple of hours a week to level l up so progress is slow.

Anyone found an efficient way to level up the aul light reasonably quickly.

Join on me and we slowly grind together baby :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Kimbot wrote:
    Ah no I just wanted to see if he guided games was any good or toxic cos I had seen some of the FB groups complaining that it was beyond toxic but I got through it fine

Any Facebook groups I joined are just a pain in the hoop. Bitchy yank kids whinging about anything and everything.

PetKing wrote: »
    Any Facebook groups I joined are just a pain in the hoop. Bitchy yank kids whinging about anything and everything.

Yeah I unjoined a few of them, overwatch groups are just as bad so I left them aswell. I will have no groups left soon enough haha

• Advertisement

I'm on 345 and still finding 350 Heroic Adventures and Strikes impossible!?! It's nearly that I'm resorting to cheesing them. Is it meant to be this difficult when you're so close to the 'level'?!

Advertisement