Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

70 quid is very steep considering what has come before it. I'm happy to pay premium prices for premium content, and D2 just wasn't that unfortunately. I think viewed through that prism, i was taken aback at the price point.

That being said, the brief snippets they revealed looked cool, I'll just be a bit more wary this time. Expansion first, then see if I like the look of the DLC.

Anything Can look good over a few clips.

Don't buy it the second it comes out, let others buy it and ask them what they think a few days in.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,249 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

70 quid is very steep considering what has come before it. I'm happy to pay premium prices for premium content, and D2 just wasn't that unfortunately. I think viewed through that prism, i was taken aback at the price point.

That being said, the brief snippets they revealed looked cool, I'll just be a bit more wary this time. Expansion first, then see if I like the look of the DLC.
    40 for the September expansion. Saying 70 is like saying d2 or D1 cost 100.

Still reckon we will get a PoE announcement. Its going to be part of year 2,imo.

Still reckon we will get a PoE announcement. Its going to be part of year 2,imo.

No it's not this isn't a new game? It's a group of dlcs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

70 quid is what they are hoping we spend. It's why they announced it now and will spend the summer revealing it.

Its why I said I'd buy the 40 quid expansion first and then see where we sit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If this is a good expansion I assume I can get it without purchasing the first 2 dlcs? They don't look remotely worth the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

AdamD wrote: »
    If this is a good expansion I assume I can get it without purchasing the first 2 dlcs? They don't look remotely worth the money.
    Nope, needs those as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Same price point as The Taken King, and the season pass for D1 year 1 and d2 year 1.

Dont believe anyone should have expected differently.

I heard it first and tought it was outrageous pricing, ended up at the same conclusion as you though.

''IF'' its a osiris+warmind / how+poe size expansions then id say its a fair price.
    If however though as some have speculated that its the dawning+sparrow racing league / crimson days.

well then i'd say its a cash grab.

Personally I'm going to get the forsaken expansion as ive liked very much what ive seen. And i'll look at the other expansions when more is known about them.

SeanHarty wrote: »

It's the exact same type as the taken king, which was 40. So same price point as what was paid for similar size content in the D1 lifecycle.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I heard it first and tought it was outrageous pricing, ended up at the same conclusion as you though.

''IF'' its a osiris+warmind / how+poe size expansions then id say its a fair price.
    If however though as some have speculated that its the dawning+sparrow racing league / crimson days.

well then i'd say its a cash grab.

Personally I'm going to get the forsaken expansion as ive liked very much what ive seen. And i'll look at the other expansions when more is known about them.

My first thought would be they would be closer to house of wolves etc. They specifically said that the annual pass would access new end game content - that's more that SRL. They've also said they'll explain more on the annual pass in the TWaB.

Your position makes sense to me though, forsaken looks very interesting, but I want to know a lot more about the annual pass content.

SeanHarty wrote: »

It's the exact same type as the taken king, which was 40. So same price point as what was paid for similar size content in the D1 lifecycle.

To be honest I can't remember the pricing back for D1 but I have no reason to doubt that you know.

My point Is that I got D2 + two dlcs for 80 I think? (Again not 100% sure so please correct me if I'm wrong) and now they want me to pay the same again for three more dlcs?

It just seems very high to me if it was D3 id say fair enough but it's not it's just add on content and who knows how much they will actually add.

Also if they do add features from D1 that they had already taken away I don't think that should be included in the "new content" bracket.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm inclined to wait and see for a bit on the next dlc before I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I was a bit surprised by the prices too for what will be effectively re-skinned D1 content.

I was watching Datto and KacksisHD reviewing the VIDOC yesterday and they were hyped. They have been allowed to play the Gambit last month and although they couldn't say much, they both agreed that this release was for the Destiny fans base and it's no longer targeted at casuals.

I'm saying now that I will wait for reviews before buying more content but when the hype train gets into 2nd gear and with an element of FOMO, I'll no doubt buy the expansion!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

the destiny2 dlc rides the emotional rollercoaster of

1. initial excitement, praised by 'influencers'
    2. purchase & enjoyment for about 10 hours
    3. slight souring on the amount of stuff given, reskins, content that was in D1
    4. reach for pitchfork
    5. swear never to give bungie / activision another cent
    6. go to step 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

4. reach for pitchfork
    6. go to step 1.

You have such a way with words <3

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

4. reach for pitchfork
    6. go to step 1.

Yep, I am constantly giving out about the game while constantly playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

off topic - how active is the boards.ie d2 clans? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Possedion wrote: »
    off topic - how active is the boards.ie d2 clans? cheers

Pretty active atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

cheers - will send a join request on link, with a UK clan at min, not as active in the pvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So hit 350 last night after two milestones,was stuck at 345 for what felt like an age.

Dam the heroics are tough,just cannot get enough damage on the bosses. Getting to them isnt too bad working in a team but jesus ive been running out of ammo before they hit half bar. Granted me and a friend that have been doing them are a little under levelled but i thought 345 would be ok for it.

Also who thought it was a good idea to get rid of ammo synths? Unless ive missed something that was a terrible decision

If you're under 350, the heroic strikes are painful, they get a bit easier when you hit about 355, but depending on the days modifiers you'll either murder the boss fairly sharpish, or have an awful time of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

EoinHef wrote: »
    So hit 350 last night after two milestones,was stuck at 345 for what felt like an age.

Dam the heroics are tough,just cannot get enough damage on the bosses. Getting to them isnt too bad working in a team but jesus ive been running out of ammo before they hit half bar. Granted me and a friend that have been doing them are a little under levelled but i thought 345 would be ok for it.

Also who thought it was a good idea to get rid of ammo synths? Unless ive missed something that was a terrible decision

Dont worry Bungie will bring back Ammo synths as a new feature and charge us 20 quid for the pleasure ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Hit 362 last night, a bit annoyed that I lost 5 renown points in the lost sector in Mercury. Went in with 5, cleaned it out (got the 10 tokens) but my counter with Arach Jalaal didn't go up by 5 (the one that says spend 50 renown ) - has anyone else had this happen to them?

I have to say thank f*ck for my crimson and wormhusk crown, the rubbish damage and knobbled regen with 5 renown is savage :(

Yakuza wrote: »
    Hit 362 last night, a bit annoyed that I lost 5 renown points in the lost sector in Mercury. Went in with 5, cleaned it out (got the 10 tokens) but my counter with Arach Jalaal didn't go up by 5 (the one that says spend 50 renown ) - has anyone else had this happen to them?

I have to say thank f*ck for my crimson and wormhusk crown, the rubbish damage and knobbled regen with 5 renown is savage :(
    Warlock healing rift ftw :)

Yakuza wrote: »

That Mercury lost sector is glitched and doesn't count for the 50 renown. All the other lost sectors should give you the renown.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Warlock healing rift ftw :)

Devour is really handy for the lost sectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

nevelator wrote: »
    That Mercury lost sector is glitched and doesn't count for the 50 renown. All the other lost sectors should give you the renown.

Thanks, I won't be going back there again for now. I was trying to kill two birds with the one stone, getting flashpoint xp and renown. I'll just head to the EDZ like everyone else tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Yakuza wrote:
    Thanks, I won't be going back there again for now. I was trying to kill two birds with the one stone, getting flashpoint xp and renown. I'll just head to the EDZ like everyone else tonight

I'm liking Mars right now for the farm, 2 patrols and a heroic public event or a few yellow bars for the easy 5 renown.
    And the lost sector near Anna bray is easy.
    The enemies all funnel to you, and at the end the yellow bar "boss" just stands at the entrance of the last room he won't chase you at all.

Short one too the whole loop is about 10 mind from 5 renown to dead to back out to restart process.

Obviously earth has more public events, but some of the lost sectors are a bit dicey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Spent pretty much my whole time on Mercury,only spotted the renown not being counted before log off last night.

Over two nights literally hours of wasted playtime ffs.

Good job bungo!

Think Bungie went too far with the Faction Rallies grind.

I'm assuming their design goal is that most players would only be able to get one catalyst through season 3, which I think is a poor design goal - but I suppose it does reaffirm the 'choice matters' goal they went with too.

I know there are people, even on here, that will get to rank 50 - but I think I have put in decent time over the last few nights, a casually respectible amount, and I'm only on rank 15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

EoinHef wrote: »
    Spent pretty much my whole time on Mercury,only spotted the renown not being counted before log off last night.

Over two nights literally hours of wasted playtime ffs.

Good job bungo!

That's only if you want the ornaments. Ridiculous that the ornaments are class based now instead of account based for Faction Rally.

Advertisement