Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Finally hit the magic 385 last night....on my main char. The other two are 383 and 384 lol.......its been a good grind.

Have not completed the new raid yet so I smash that out this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Here's me thinking I was doing alright passing the 370 mark.. On one character.
    Haven't touched the Titan yet and still have to get the Hunter through the main story..

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I'm only 362 on my Hunter... Havent touched my Warlock or Titan!!

Milestone engrams have not been my friend this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I threw on a crucible boon, and a ghost for crucible xp, lashed out ~4 games on my titan and pushed him from 334 to 350. Have yet to run the story, but it was a handy way to move him up the levels and let him access all the gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So despite my complaing awhile back about the warmimd dlc ive actually started to get into the game a bit.

Im currently trying to get through exotic quests.

Is there any exotic swords? Have a few quests going but think there all guns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

EoinHef wrote: »
    So despite my complaing awhile back about the warmimd dlc ive actually started to get into the game a bit.

Im currently trying to get through exotic quests.

Is there any exotic swords? Have a few quests going but think there all guns

There is an exotic sword called World Line Zero, it is unlocked by hitting all 45 of the data nodes.

There is an exotic sword called World Line Zero, it is unlocked by hitting all 45 of the data nodes.

Which ones are they? The glowy things or the override frequency things?

Which ones are they? The glowy things or the override frequency things?

The glowy things.

The glowy things.

Cheers sniper,ill try that out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

You only need 40 of them, not 45 :)

• Advertisement

Wouldnt mind,was staring at them the first night or two going through the story.

D'oh:(

Does 45 get you anything or is it a waste?

Bit of a slog that sword,have it now anyway. Decided to get the 45 for the extra reward!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Bit of a slog that sword,have it now anyway. Decided to get the 45 for the extra reward!!

Wait till you start to collect the 40 sleeper nodes, cashing in 40+ stems and getting nothing but duplicate frequencies.

I got the catalyst for the sword last night, but it will be a while before I'll be able to unlock that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

EoinHef wrote:
    Does 45 get you anything or is it a waste?

All 45 give you an exotic sparrow.

PetKing wrote: »
    All 45 give you an exotic sparrow.

Not even a very pretty one at that....

Started work on the lost prophecy tablets in the lighthouse after doing a good bit for warminds glory,getting the sword and nascent dawn. Needed a bit of a break from mars.

Oh and got my first catalyst last night,for the D.A.R.C.I.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It's a got to be quite an expansive update. One of the UI designers is looking forward to showing off what the UI team has been working on for the last year.

I'm stumped on how the weapon slot changes are going to work, as the game was built around 2 primaries and a heavy. I'd like to think the new Mod system has some roll :rolleyes: to play in this.

On the story front, Myelin Games thinks that a story Mission on Titan hints at a possible future alliance between the Fallen and The City. The Fallen Captain in the mission "Enemy of my Enemy" is named Mithrax, The Forsaken. He was trying to get a methane reactor to hook a Servitor up to increase Glimmer production. The Fallen are also missing Elder Ciphers, which basically allow Captains and Kells to distribute Glimmer how they wish in specific ways. Those Elder Ciphers are all held by everyones favourite Fallen, Variks.

If the story DOES centre on an Alliance between The Fallen and The City, how would a playable Eliksni be received? With 3 new subclasses? Unlikely I know. An new subclass would be greatly received, new atunements less so, though I would like to see Bubble Bros make a return with a dedicated atunement.

With the Reef coming back, I'd like an expanded version of PoE.
    The new game mode might be teased today, though they might leave the meat of that reveal until E3.

I think all the meat will be in this, not E3. Last couple of E3, iirc, have just retread the info from twitch the previous week.

Can't see a new Fallen class, to be honest. To big a change.

Would like to see: Raid, Big New Mode community were excited about, PoE. PoE should be coming back, given Cayde has been stocking it up. Why say that, when heading back to the Reef, if it isn't coming back.

Would like to see PoE return but as a combination of Escalation Protocal and whatever that thing was called in Rise of Iron. Multi-level, public space event. It would fit very well, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Apparently I can run 3x Shotguns in September

Vidoc making it looking fecking HYPE.

Nice to see they are heading to GuardianCon, cool.

€40 Forsaken DLC only
    €70 Forsaken DLC with annual pass
    €80 Forsaken DLC with annual pass deluxe edition

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I'm imagining a mod system that allows you to categorise weapons- instead of plus 5 lose a bit of power but mod uriels gift to be in the kinetic slot or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

€40 Forsaken DLC only

I'm presuming I'll only have to buy the €40.

I'm presuming I'll only have to buy the €40.

You'll probably need the Annual Pass too, contains 3 mini expansions including raid content.

The Digital Deluxe has some extra cosmetics and includes Destiny 2 and expansions 1 & 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

€40 Forsaken DLC only

Honestly that's an outrageous price for DLC content. There not releasing a new game.

Apparently the €80 version contains the Base game of D2 and the CoO and Warmind expanisons

Givin how the game has gone so far those prices are a bit too high imo.

At this point they need to attarct players back. Theres no buzz around the game,most of what i see is negative.

If it addresses what needs addressing ill pick it up but no way im gonna pre order.

Apparently the €80 version contains the Base game of D2 and the CoO and Warmind expanisons

Still even at €40 for people with everything up to date is a lot to get a bit more content and stuff from destiny 1 back which they shouldn't have taken out in the first place.

They have made a lot of money from destiny 2 a nice show of good faith would have been bringing poe back for free, Wouldn't take much to adapt it from the destiny 1 files.

Would have sold a lot more dlcs when it comes out that way.

It does.
    PSN Store wrote:
    Get the ultimate Destiny 2: Forsaken experience with the Digital Deluxe Edition. Includes a copy of Destiny 2: Forsaken, premium digital content and the Annual Pass to continue the hunt.

Pre-order and receive:

CAYDE'S EXOTIC STASH

- Ace of Spades Last Hand Exotic Ornament
    - Queen of Hearts Exotic Ship
    - Standoff Exotic Emote
    - Shades of Cayde-6 Armour Shaders

Premium digital content:

THE AWOKEN LEGEND SET

- Wrath Majestic Legendary Bow Ornament
    - Dirge Paladin Emblem
    - Vestian Ghost Shell

Edit: It was there earlier, now mention of the base game seems to have been removed.

Now has this in the description
    DESTINY 2 GAME, DESTINY 2 EXPANSIONS I & II REQUIRED, SOLD SEPARATELY.

104 GB hard drive storage space required as of September 2018. Subject to change. Requires broadband internet. See www.destinythegame.com/size-requirements for current requirements prior to purchase. Significant elements and functionality require PlayStation®Plus subscription, sold separately.

Kinda sh**ty not having a "Legendary" edition for new players.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Honestly that's an outrageous price for DLC content. There not releasing a new game.

Same price point as The Taken King, and the season pass for D1 year 1 and d2 year 1.

Dont believe anyone should have expected differently.

SeanHarty wrote: »

Same price point as The Taken King, and the season pass for D1 year 1 and d2 year 1.

Dont believe anyone should have expected differently.

Suppose... anyone who buys their bull this time round though has more money than sense...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

70 quid is very steep considering what has come before it. I'm happy to pay premium prices for premium content, and D2 just wasn't that unfortunately. I think viewed through that prism, i was taken aback at the price point.

That being said, the brief snippets they revealed looked cool, I'll just be a bit more wary this time. Expansion first, then see if I like the look of the DLC.

Advertisement