Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised but I don't see it as transformative as you said.
    I see it as maybe fixing 25% of the things I see as problems in the game personally.
    It's a step in the right direction but I've had my hype glands well and truly exhausted by Bungie in the past.
    I'm more interested in May -> September.
    I can't see this getting me playing more than a few hours a week, there's just not enough depth there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Unfortunately, you're absolutely right. It'll be months before the game is where is should've been at launch. Such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It will be more fun to play I'm sure (according to the patch notes), there just is not a lot of activities I want to play and those that do feel either unrewarding or the rewards are not exciting.
    Still, it's better than nothing, but I feel Bungie should be held to a higher standard than merely that given their size, income and experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,140 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The rewards part isn't an issue for me - I played loads of D1 pvp cause I enjoyed it, not cause I was looking for a particular reward.

I just don't find PVP in D2 fun enough, and clearly a load of other people feel the same cause it is very hard to get a group together.

Played 5 or 6 games last night (as a 4 stack) and all were against better (4 stack) players - got whooped in all but one of them, and still lost the one that wasn't a whooping. A few of the games were against players we were never going to have a chance against. That is the type of night that puts me off playing it at all - getting stomped for an hour isn't fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think it might actually be worse, played 3-4 games and it just doesn't work. Though, anyone could have said that? TTK was an issue so they made everyone move faster which...makes TTK even more of an issue because you can get to cover even faster. Didn't really notice increased cooldowns either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

It's all fine and dandy making all these changes to the game but it means nothing if there is nothing to do in the end game. Milestones are just boring at this stage, repetitive nonsense. And outside of milestones, there is nothing to do.

I would have much preferred if Bungie introduced random rolls on weapons along with a few new ones that demanded a serious grind... I'm looking at you Exotic swords and Thorn of D1.

Also, why does it feel like there are only about 20 usable legendary weapons in D2? I haven't changed the weapon setup on my 3 characters in months.
    In PVE, there is no use for fusion rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles, sidearms, grenade launchers, swords or sub machine guns.

I'm buying Far Cry 5 this weekend and hoping to spend about a month with it - I'll check back in on D2 in May and hope to see something different.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I still play a decent amount, but yeah the game has been really disappointing overall. My next game up is God Of War, and will probably get the Space Hulk game when it's out too, so hopefully they will get a bit more enjoyment from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I would have much preferred if Bungie introduced random rolls on weapons along with a few new ones that demanded a serious grind... I'm looking at you Exotic swords and Thorn of D1.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: With D2, Bungie swung to far towards the casual one and done crowd. Any game of this type, be it full on MMO or Destiny/Division styled FPSMMO's need a hardcore element. It's the HC element that drives interest and longevity in these types of game.
    Also, why does it feel like there are only about 20 usable legendary weapons in D2? I haven't changed the weapon setup on my 3 characters in months.
    In PVE, there is no use for fusion rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles, sidearms, grenade launchers, swords or sub machine guns.

I was using a shotgun in PvE for the very first time last night, the Raid shotty. It MELTS ****. Yellow bars are down in 3. Ran some Heroic Strikes, got Pyramidion. Other two had the shotty on, soon as big bad appeared they unloaded on him and he was half health. Ran PvP too. There is more variety to weapon picks now, but Uriels is still top tier I'd say.
    I'm buying Far Cry 5 this weekend and hoping to spend about a month with it - I'll check back in on D2 in May and hope to see something different.

May won't see any drastic changes. We'll get Exotic Masterworks and Mods 2.0. Beyond that nothing really game changing. Which leads into the below.....
    It's all fine and dandy making all these changes to the game but it means nothing if there is nothing to do in the end game. Milestones are just boring at this stage, repetitive nonsense. And outside of milestones, there is nothing to do.

The September update (Taken Queen) will either be the saving grace or final nail in the coffin for D2. It NEEDS to be Taken King +++ in terms of impact and change it brings. If it doesn't fix and/or improve on the multitude of issues I can't see D2 holding onto it's current playbase, which is a shame. The Taken King put Destiny on the road to where it should be, and the subsequent updates just pushed it further along that trajectory. For them to take all that (economy / weapons / QoL / replayability) and just chuck it out the window for D2 was criminal, and a lot of the blame for that must fall at Luke Smiths feet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So.... I believe there is new DLC coming out....... Warmind something or other..... but no info here :(

Kimbot wrote: »
    So.... I believe there is new DLC coming out....... Warmind something or other..... but no info here :(

I've not really be arsed to talk aboutit anywhere, at all, to be honest.

I still play the game and wouldlove for it to be anywhere near as popular as it once was - so I could be hopping into PvP teams every night - but from the point of view of the players I played D1 with, d2 is currently dead. I see nothing in the Warmind stuff that is going to dramatically change that and nothing I am hyped to discuss to be honest. I see no game changers to a game that needs changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Was looking forward to the new enemy race... Turns out its just hive with a blue outline, such wow.

That being said the horde mode thing looks alright, hopefully it's a bit like resistance in the division.

Also like ranked pvp, finally might stop getting matched against guys many levels better than me, tis bad enough with that ****e in trials.

Watched Datto's thoughts review on YouTube last night (I didn't even realise there was a live stream this week - That's how far removed I am from this game lately)

Looked okay but not too bothered. I might dip in and out seeing as I've already paid for the DLC but not expecting much.

I'm too knee deep in Far Cry 5 at the moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I have the season pass and haven't even played the first DLC. I've way too much on at the moment gaming wise. It's a shame really as D1 was my main game by far for three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd consider the ranked play but Fortnite addiction has taken over

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

D2 is £5 in smyths in England. I know it’s probably due to a TTK style release in September but still

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jackrussel wrote: »
    D2 is £5 in smyths in England. I know it’s probably due to a TTK style release in September but still

Its €10 here, but most stores have already sold all their stock.

Warmind goes live at about 8pm tonight. Feedback will be interesting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I thought it was going live at 7, download is 6.5GB and that's been up since 3 today.

I thought it was 6pm and was chomping at the bit to leave work - seems it is due to go live at 7pm.

I thought it was 6pm and was chomping at the bit to leave work - seems it is due to go live at 7pm.

6pm UTC, summer time here and all that so 7.

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    6pm UTC, summer time here and all that so 7.

Timezones are such a freaking pain.

The amount of meetings I have scheduled incorrectly....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Within 30 mins I'd backtracked through the starting area and ran another mission into an old Lost Sector in the EDZ. I've never regretted a Season Pass so much, at this point they're just taking the piss.

Not looking promising at all maybe pvp can be a thing again but I really think it won't, too late to get the 6 stack rolling. All these fancy ass weapons mean nothing if there's nothing of any meaning to use them on or in.

Fingers crossed the new raid is quality and I get to run it a few times and have a bit of craic.

I highly recommend giving the Graviton Lance a quick test drive - It's actually the 1st time in D2 where an exotic feels.... Exotic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Story is not great with only about 50mins actual gameplay.....its a little early to say whats what but the it doesnt look great. Why launch a new planet and have all the flashpoints etc on the old planets.

The Heroic strikes is the same old ****e with brain dead parameters to make it hard.

We did a raid last night and its even more of a glitch fest....they deffo made a few changes to the calus shield alot tougher to take down. Gonna run Argos tonite and see whats what.

At least the old raid is dropping some very high level stuff, I was getting pieces 15-20 light higher last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Myself and civic ran through the campaign, I found it quite short.
    But enjoyed it for what it was, I do feel the 19.99 is a bit much for it though.

Anyone try the escalation protocols yet?

I suppose what shocked me most was I was off yesterday and felt no need to grind for anything and ended up playing god of war all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Tried a bit of one I came across while heading for something else, promptly got my ass handed to me.
    Might give it a crack again now that I'm a higher LL

have tried the EP when running past, with a bunch of other blues.... and not killed the Ogre yet. Best i've seen him is down to 5% or so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Myself and civic ran through the campaign, I found it quite short.
    But enjoyed it for what it was, I do feel the 19.99 is a bit much for it though.

Anyone try the escalation protocols yet?

I suppose what shocked me most was I was off yesterday and felt no need to grind for anything and ended up playing god of war all day.

I'll be on this evening for a few games :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

It's somewhat refreshing to have a bit of difficulty in a public event, a bit like Tier 3 in the Court of Oryx when I was at the late 200s light level. That Ogre has got some eye blast on him.

Advertisement