Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,034 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Just the Warlock left to get to the 335. They've been the furthest away - don't think I have ran the raid lair even once with them yet. Need boots and a bond for them.

My hope for the coming week. That effin b Tess will be selling the Eververse helmet (not the dawning one). Really want the titan one. That Eververse Titan armor looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

My Titan is 335
    My Warlock is 334
    My Hunter is 333

Need chest and cloak for Hunter and just chest on Warlock.

Milestones were trolling me this weekend.

Did clan, NF, strike & public events and was given sidearms, gauntlets and grenade launchers... No Bungie, I don't want prospectors and fighting lions!!

Hopefully reset tomorrow will bring more luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Only bit of the Dawning armour I had left to get was the chest. Raging as it looks decent compared to most of the armour, and it's heavy too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Once you acquire a a forge weapon, it's added to your Mercury level up loot pool.
    When you get all forge weapons, you get the exotic Sagira ghost shell which has a cool feature.. It highlights chests and planetary material on mercury at a massive 75 metres.

You will be collecting tokens to beat the band with this ghost to level up vance and get your weapons back.

I laughed way too hard at the Sagira comment.

I laughed way too hard at the Sagira comment.

Why?

• Advertisement

Why?
    Probably cos that's roughly the size of the Mercury area.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Probably cos that's roughly the size of the Mercury area.

And in reality it is a crap enough perk, but that is what we are reduced to in D2!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Why?

Must be my new........."medication"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Only bit of the Dawning armour I had left to get was the chest. Raging as it looks decent compared to most of the armour, and it's heavy too

Out of my 7 dawning engrams I got 2 piece's of armor for my titan. Had to buy the other 3 bits with dust. Another ripoff is the fact that the helmet and chest piece cost 1200 where the rest only costs 800.

Yeh I was the same except I missed the chest piece when it was on sale. ****ing raging cos it's cool compared to the other meh stuff

• Advertisement

Yeh I was the same except I missed the chest piece when it was on sale. ****ing raging cos it's cool compared to the other meh stuff

yeah, it was a disaster that way. First week I swear only boots and gloves were on sale. I missed a few days over Christmas and on the third week they had the helmet and class item for sale for the first 3 days. They could have rotated it a bit better.

syboit wrote: »
    yeah, it was a disaster that way. First week I swear only boots and gloves were on sale. I missed a few days over Christmas and on the third week they had the helmet and class item for sale for the first 3 days. They could have rotated it a bit better.

I have a feeling Bungie will add all the Dawning stuff into the Bright engram rewards in the next update - There has been too much backlash.

I have a feeling Bungie will add all the Dawning stuff into the Bright engram rewards in the next update - There has been too much backlash.

TWAB is gonna be interesting.

Bungie have shown no real ability to satisfactorily deal with user feedback, but if TWAB on Thursday doesn't go HUGE on the changes that are coming, and when they are coming, it is going to become an absolute dumpster fire.

I see Deej, Cozmo and the new guy are trying to be really conciliatory and engaging on the various forums over the last few days but people will only be swayed by action, meaningful action, at this point.

I think:

1. They need to announce MAJOR changes in Eververse and loot boxes.
    2. Tied to Eververse, they need to announce major changes in the distribution of loot in the game in general.

I also think we need to see some meaningful changes to the sandbox of the game.

I think it is an absolute no brainer that they need to speed up ability recharge, for all abilities.

We need to have Supers, Grenades etc way more often that we did.

Ability spam in D1 was an issue because grenades recharged quickly AND had insane tracking AND could one hit kill. Now they recharge slowly, and don't one hit kill. All they really needed to do, imo, was take aim assist off the sticky one hit kill grenades, but they went way too far in their ability nerfs in general.

I think we need Rumble and Elimination back, and they need to bring Mayhem onto the rotation. Even have Mayhem sat in the quickplay playlist (if the playlists aren't massively changed). Would be a fun diversion game mode.

On more difficult matters....

We need Mods and Shaders to be revamped, made more interesting and easier to manage. Shaders are an easy change, but mods are a little more complicated in terms of balance I would guess.

I also think they need to look at the weapons themselves. I think they need to curate new weapon rolls for each season of the game. I don't think they will go full random roll again - but seasonal changes would make things a little more interesting again. the other option, imo, and how I would have gone, is that you could have a small number of fixed rolls per gun (kinda like the Gunsmith rolls in D1, but more permanent) - so maybe there are 3 versions of Better Devils that can drop.

Bungie have shown no real ability to satisfactorily deal with user feedback, but if TWAB on Thursday doesn't go HUGE on the changes that are coming, and when they are coming, it is going to become an absolute dumpster fire.

I see Deej, Cozmo and the new guy are trying to be really conciliatory and engaging on the various forums over the last few days but people will only be swayed by action, meaningful action, at this point.

I think:

2. Tied to Eververse, they need to announce major changes in the distribution of loot in the game in general.

I think it is an absolute no brainer that they need to speed up ability recharge, for all abilities.

Ability spam in D1 was an issue because grenades recharged quickly AND had insane tracking AND could one hit kill. Now they recharge slowly, and don't one hit kill. All they really needed to do, imo, was take aim assist off the sticky one hit kill grenades, but they went way too far in their ability nerfs in general.

I think we need Rumble and Elimination back, and they need to bring Mayhem onto the rotation. Even have Mayhem sat in the quickplay playlist (if the playlists aren't massively changed). Would be a fun diversion game mode.

We need Mods and Shaders to be revamped, made more interesting and easier to manage. Shaders are an easy change, but mods are a little more complicated in terms of balance I would guess.

I also think they need to look at the weapons themselves. I think they need to curate new weapon rolls for each season of the game. I don't think they will go full random roll again - but seasonal changes would make things a little more interesting again. the other option, imo, and how I would have gone, is that you could have a small number of fixed rolls per gun (kinda like the Gunsmith rolls in D1, but more permanent) - so maybe there are 3 versions of Better Devils that can drop.

Here are my 2 cents for what I would like Bungie to do to try to fix the game.

1. Add random rolls to weapons. all new weapons going forward but also, any weapons that are in the vault will be re-rolled. If you are happy with a weapon setup, take it out of the vault and it will remain untouched.

2. STRIKE RELATED LOOT!!! I want a reason to run strikes now that I have completed all forge weapons. The grind for that perfect Imago Loop in D1 was real.. Fakebringer!! Also, the farm for the perfect grasp of Malok nearly broke me - But man I played :)

3. Bring back burn modifiers for Strikes / Nightfall

4. I'd like to see a buff to pulse rifles. Very under-powered in the current meta

5. Everything available in Eververse has a chance of dropping during normal play (or after a certain length of time playing the game - Similar to Warframe)

Those are my thoughts anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

5. Everything available in Eververse has a chance of dropping during normal play (or after a certain length of time playing the game - Similar to Warframe)

Haven't played Warframe, but being a longtime fan of Diablo, it works in a similar way. The seasonal gear can only be obtained by a seasonal character (So for Destiny, can only be acquired from the Bright Engrams during the Season). Once the season is over, all seasonal items transfer over to your non seasonal drop pool, so you can acquire Season 11 gear on your non seasonal characters during every subsequent season, and so on. This is what should have been done with the Seasonal stuff available from Eververse. Once the season is over, everything is obtainable from normal engrams during the next season. Why this wasn't done is beyond me.

Working closely with Blizzard, and with both being connected with Activision, Bungie should be talking to, even informally, to the Diablo dev team. Infinite Forrest COULD have been the best thing to happen to the game if they'd gone the root similar to Diablos Rifts (Randomised Dungeons with Randomised Enemies) I know they said in the reveal streams that the I.F. is not "Random", but still, they missed out on creating something that would add some good (verging on great) replayability.

Haven't played Warframe, but being a longtime fan of Diablo, it works in a similar way. The seasonal gear can only be obtained by a seasonal character (So for Destiny, can only be acquired from the Bright Engrams during the Season). Once the season is over, all seasonal items transfer over to your non seasonal drop pool, so you can acquire Season 11 gear on your non seasonal characters during every subsequent season, and so on. This is what should have been done with the Seasonal stuff available from Eververse. Once the season is over, everything is obtainable from normal engrams during the next season. Why this wasn't done is beyond me.

Working closely with Blizzard, and with both being connected with Activision, Bungie should be talking to, even informally, to the Diablo dev team. Infinite Forrest COULD have been the best thing to happen to the game if they'd gone the root similar to Diablos Rifts (Randomised Dungeons with Randomised Enemies) I know they said in the reveal streams that the I.F. is not "Random", but still, they missed out on creating something that would add some good (verging on great) replayability.

I think seasonal gear should be more easily obtained during the season but I do think there is a case for 'you weren't there, you can't get it' for loot.

The loot you get should be a testament to your time in the game and what you have done. If you weren't around for particular loot, then you don't get to pretend that you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I think:

From what I've gathered TWaB will be a development update this week a la the State of Destiny post that was done in late November.

From what I've gathered TWaB will be a development update this week a la the State of Destiny post that was done in late November.

I really hope not. So far, all I am seeing from Bungie is talk talk talk.. No action.

We need to see confirmed changes and definite timeline for these changes to take place.

Also, quick question.. Does anyone know if IB & Faction Rallies return today at reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I really hope not. So far, all I am seeing from Bungie is talk talk talk.. No action.

We need to see confirmed changes and definite timeline for these changes to take place.

Also, quick question.. Does anyone know if IB & Faction Rallies return today at reset?

Uh, thats exactly what the State if Destiny post did. It outlined the changes that we saw go on stream last month.

Reckon it will be next week again IB or Faction Rally start up again.

I think seasonal gear should be more easily obtained during the season but I do think there is a case for 'you weren't there, you can't get it' for loot.

The loot you get should be a testament to your time in the game and what you have done. If you weren't around for particular loot, then you don't get to pretend that you were.

I haven't played much else looter/shooter's, but I probably would agree with this. Some people don't care for collecting stuff but others do, so if you want to play dawning and get all the armour then at least make it possible to do so if you put in the hours.

I don't miss the random rolls as much as I thought I would, but certainly if they brought back strike loot then that stuff should have random to give something to grind for if you wish.

As for everesse, then yes all that stuff should be available in the game or else make it cheaper, 800 and 1200 for armour piece's , not to mention 2k to 3k for ghosts! are a tad pricey. If they were to half the price or added more ways to get dust it would certainly help. I reckon on average I make 150dust per engram, dismantle ghost/shaders/sparrows. So at least if you want to grind more dust to buy stuff it wouldn't be so bad.

• Advertisement

In other loot box games would the required currency be earnable in game or just from the loot boxes (and dismantled loot)? Bright Dust is only a drop from the loot boxes or deleting what you get.

Is that common or another crap thing that bungie have all to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The fact they separated Bright Engrams from Dawning Engrams was a f**king joke.
    Play 5x Games of Mayhem and earn a seasonal engram? Fine
    Do 5x f**king strikes for another one? F**k. Right. Off.
    And thats your lot until next week unless you wanna drop some cash or grind another character.
    Top tier s**thead tactics by Bungie.

Not impressed with the Studio or the game at all.
    The Raid Lair was the only thing I found enjoyable or worthwhile.
    The rest has been bland, repetitive, cringeworthy, boring (see: loot) and grindy for all the wrong reasons (still don't have some blue resource I was hoping for since CoO launched for one of the verses).
    If you think I'm gonna grind strikes (see: Pyramidion) ad-naseum, you're wrong.
    Would rather be playing D1 for Private Matches or Worms Battlegrounds (and thats not even a good worms game) or partake in Overwatch's less-money-grabbing seasonal events.
    They even made "Exotic" stuff boring.
    Back to clearing my backlog anyhow.

The fact they separated Bright Engrams from Dawning Engrams was a f**king joke.
    Play 5x Games of Mayhem and earn a seasonal engram? Fine
    Do 5x f**king strikes for another one? F**k. Right. Off.
    And thats your lot until next week unless you wanna drop some cash or grind

I wouldn't have minded the seperation as much but they totally skimped on the dawning engrams. At least give us 1 free every week and then 2 per character. I think the biggest kicker though was anything you got then from the treasure boxes by Ikora didnt break down into dust , only glimmer or shards.

"Play 5x Games of Mayhem and earn a seasonal engram? Fine
    Do 5x f**king strikes for another one? F**k. Right. Off."

I find that funny, cause to some players it would be the other way around.

I absolutely agree that the level up engrams should have been Dawning Engrams. Yet another indication that Bungie don't care about their players as players, or their actual enjoyment of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

"Play 5x Games of Mayhem and earn a seasonal engram? Fine
    Do 5x f**king strikes for another one? F**k. Right. Off."

I absolutely agree that the level up engrams should have been Dawning Engrams. Yet another indication that Bungie don't care about their players as players, or their actual enjoyment of the game.

I got nothing good from my engrams at all. I ran the strikes to get paradox amplifiers for a verse, had about 21 (needed 20) which I accidentally deleted last night.

I enjoyed mayhem, but coming up against infinite nova bombs got tired very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I didn't like the way the quest steps were sequential, why not have them run in parallel?

Also, for the most part, 1 game of Mayhem is quicker than 1 Strike.

Sunday night, i think, was the only night I specifically grinded strikes to complete a verse. Most my other mats came from running them for milestones anyway. There were runs on top of that, but mostly when I was just arsing around wasting some time.

I don't mind the strikes.

Only a couple of games were ruined by nova bombs. I had one game where there was a fella on my team doing it and 2 on the other. It was the sound effect that began to break me, to be honest.

I think they need to fix the glitch and absolutely have Mayhem as a regular entry in PVP. They can't just take it away til this time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Dcully wrote: »

I think this 1.8 patch for the division is where Bungie need to look for inspiration, it turned a fairly lacklustre launch (see D2) and built on it to end up with a fantastic game. Skill-up explains it better than me but the end game here now is so so deep.

Even as another poster mentioned, Diablo Devs moving from a crappy money grab system(auction house) to what they have now.

Question is do we really trust Bungie as a company to fix this, personally I have my doubts especially considering the recent article by Jason schreier stating that the eververse is more a bungie idea than activision's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Started the Saint-14 quest last night. Had enough mats to finish 2 of the 3 stages outright, third is halfway complete so not too bad.

The open world space of simulant present Mercury hidden behind a quest level is nonsense. It should have been added to the planet for patrol. Nothing stopping them having a jumo portal at the lighthouse that launches you over to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement