Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I think it was more just the over reliance on him being the funny one that made him annoying.
    I love Nathan Fillion, but he doesn't need to do ALL of the jokes ALL of the time.
    D1 levels were fine.

Yep.

I think the tone of Destiny 2 in general was too jokey, and Cayde had become a parody of himself - but killing him off is still HUGE, imo.

I wanted the D1 vibe back - with Caybe being the rule bending, ruthless, charming Vanguard that represented the drive of most players, against the stoicism of Zavala or Ikora. Caybe played well off the serious set of the other vanguards.

This indicates a massive shift in tone - a shift in tone that we may yet not see - but it is at least indicated. I will miss the humour that Cayde provided in D1, will be interesting to see if they can darken the tone in general but still provide some levity.

The big problem is Ghost. Ghost is an unfunny dick.

I'm also looking forward to rolling my eyes at my guardian saying NOTHING AT ALL when we find or see Cayde being killed.

It would be awesome if that was the moment our Guardian spoke again (and continued to speak) - to give the character a voice and interaction again. Doesn't need to speak much, Master Chief was a man of few words. Some simple, revenge wanting lines would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Hopefully another sign they are darkening the story tone a bit going forward.

D2 has been way too pg 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I'm also looking forward to rolling my eyes at my guardian saying NOTHING AT ALL when we find or see Cayde being killed.

Is it confirmed he's killed off though?
    I don't see it happening.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Is it confirmed he's killed off though?
    I don't see it happening.

Quote from Bungie Dev: "He's dead."

They hedged a little "He doesn't look good" at first, but then confirmed "He's dead".

So... i'm guessing he is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Gave up on the Dead Orbit Rank 50 grind. Needed a decent day yesterday to have a chance at it and life/bungo didn't oblige - play 5 pvp matches for the rep bundle? B f'n S!

Got to Rank 33 or so, if I play tonight might get it to rank 40, but I won't be concentrating on it tonight if a SoS final boss attempt is on.

Will probably switch to FWC for the next rally and try to get it done in the week, then finish off DO in the final rally.

I made 37 myself, having the full set of armour helped a fair bit in terms of getting renown up quickly) but I still found it an auld slog. I did get a rhythm going on Mars at the end (do one bounty and a yellow bar near the lost sector for a total of 4 rep (with the full set of gear on) and plow through the lost sector for 8 tokens, I managed to get it down to about 8 mins for 8 tokens.
    I also got into a rhythm on the EDZ, just jumping from event to event for 5 tokens a pop (and the occasional one for the obtaining supplies), that brought in tokens at the same rate (ish) as event / patrol / lost sector.
    I'll finish it off next time (I think I'm on holidays for the 3rd one, presuming it's in August some time).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

https://blog.activision.com/t5/Destiny/Announcing-Forsaken-The-First-Major-Expansion-For-Destiny-2/ba-p/10745557

All current ps4 exclusives will come to other platforms on release of Forsaken. Is that 2 strikes and the exotic sniper ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

syboit wrote: »
    https://blog.activision.com/t5/Destiny/Announcing-Forsaken-The-First-Major-Expansion-For-Destiny-2/ba-p/10745557

All current ps4 exclusives will come to other platforms on release of Forsaken. Is that 2 strikes and the exotic sniper ?

Yup. It's the Borealis exotic sniper, the Lake of Shadows and the Insight Terminus strikes, a couple of armour sets and a ship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Is it worth getting the expansion pass? I got the vanilla game back on release, i was a big fan of the original, massively disappointed by the second one.

Started dipping my toe back in again, doing a few strikes and all that.

Is it worth getting the expansion pass? I got the vanilla game back on release, i was a big fan of the original, massively disappointed by the second one.

Started dipping my toe back in again, doing a few strikes and all that.

Not sure at this stage, probably best to wait and see what price the "legendary" edition will be for new players for the September Forsaken expansion. Can see there being a bundle around the €60/€70 mark with all the current content plus the Forsaken expansion and one including the Annual Pass for Year 2 for around the €90/€100.

While these prices are high it is still cheaper than paying €35 for the current expansion pass then paying €40/€70 for Forsaken or Forsaken plus the Annual Pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Not sure at this stage, probably best to wait and see what price the "legendary" edition will be for new players for the September Forsaken expansion. Can see there being a bundle around the €60/€70 mark with all the current content plus the Forsaken expansion and one including the Annual Pass for Year 2 for around the €90/€100.

While these prices are high it is still cheaper than paying €35 for the current expansion pass then paying €40/€70 for Forsaken or Forsaken plus the Annual Pass.
    Cheers Snipes. I'll wait, i think i did the the same around the time of the Taken King.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Got a question guardians,for D1 there was a website that tracked stats and also showed exotic quests in the game and the ones you had completed.

Is their a site/tracker that will do the same for D2? Specifically the exotic quest tracking

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Installed the base game last night, as i've been craving some first person action for a little while now. For all of it's faults in other areas, it really does control well, and feels like one of the best shooters i've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Kiith wrote:
    Installed the base game last night, as i've been craving some first person action for a little while now. For all of it's faults in other areas, it really does control well, and feels like one of the best shooters i've ever played.

Gun play has always been excellent in Destiny imo

PetKing wrote: »
    Gun play has always been excellent in Destiny imo

unless you are trying to use a handcannon on console these days! DAMN YOU BUNGO!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Crimson > Other Hand Cannons
    Vigilance Wing with completed catalyst > Pretty much everything at the mo

In PVP anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I find it's a fantastic PvE shooter not mad on it for PvP.

Just wish it gave me more reason to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Crimson > Other Hand Cannons
    Vigilance Wing with completed catalyst > Pretty much everything at the mo

In PVP anyway

I need to dig out my old Vigilance Wing and upgrade it. How do you get the catalyst for it? I've tended to use a SMG in my second slot but i'm not mad about it. I generally just use the Crimson

I need to dig out my old Vigilance Wing and upgrade it. How do you get the catalyst for it? I've tended to use a SMG in my second slot but i'm not mad about it. I generally just use the Crimson

The catalyst for Vigilance Wing is a random drop upon winning a crucible match.

Catalyst makes it full auto.
    Came up against it a few times in the Crucible, it did not end well for me any of those times.

Random drop from crucible, got it myself and while it does make it a lot better the gravaton lance still seems to be better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

V wing catalyst dropped for me just last night.

I do find it a very good gun in PvP,theres fights i feel like i should probably lose but then one or two well placed sprays and the other guy dies:)

Still to level the catalyst so have to see how that plays

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The expansion pass is down to €20 on pc this weekend.

Kiith wrote: »
    The expansion pass is down to €20 on pc this weekend.

Same on PS4, €25 for the game and expansion pass on psn.

Patch notes update from Dmg04

Momentum being removed from HA is fantastic

(Borrowed from Reddit)

With Update 1.2.3, we'll be adjusting Escalation Protocol Weapon Reward chances to be more deterministic. What does this mean? Players improve chances each time they defeat the EP boss.

In Update 1.2.3, we're adding the ability to preview Sparrow contrails and Spawn FX from inventory.

Commas will be added to large numbers as separators on the IGCR and PGCR.

Fixing the recoil for West of Sunfall 7 and the Trials hand cannon A Cold Sweat.

Once Destiny Update 1.2.3 is live, the Exotic Catalyst for Sturm may be earned by defeating enemies on Nessus.

Momentum will be removed from Heroic Adventures in Update 1.2.3

Once all Mercury Forge weapons have been obtained, they become available for direct purchase from Brother Vance in the Lighthouse after Update 1.2.3 ships

After Destiny Update 1.2.3 ships, Iron Banner events will use Iron Temple fire pits as capture zones, instead of Control Flags. (Not this week's event, but those taking place after)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Momentum will be removed from Heroic Adventures in Update 1.2.3

Praise Jesus
    Once all Mercury Forge weapons have been obtained, they become available for direct purchase from Brother Vance in the Lighthouse after Update 1.2.3 ships

About time.
    After Destiny Update 1.2.3 ships, Iron Banner events will use Iron Temple fire pits as capture zones, instead of Control Flags. (Not this week's event, but those taking place after)

Nothing major here, but it's a nice visual change for IB.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I never thought I'd be so pleased by something have some commas added to it

Comma+Grandma.jpg

Yes, it'll make willy waving much easier to do now :)
    To be able to read and compare long numbers easily you need either fixed fonts (Courier 12pt anyone? :rolleyes:) or commas.

Yakuza wrote: »

Yes, it'll make willy waving much easier to do now :)
    To be able to read and compare long numbers easily you need either fixed fonts (Courier 12pt anyone? :rolleyes:) or commas.

Jesus I'm just out of work didn't think I'd be reminded of it here

• Advertisement

Comma+Grandma.jpg

You can also help your uncle, Jack, off a horse, or help your uncle jack off a horse.

Advertisement