Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

The new subclasses look fun(new gameinformer vid)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Was grinding away at the solstice armour the other night,thought this aint too bad then realised there a second set before the legendary set:(

Was thinkin might get the two chars i have the armour sets for each. But i reckon ill probably just concentrate on the titan seen as hes my main.

Not a bad event,grindy as usual but the fact we have till the 28th makes it feels like i dont have to do it in one or two nights over a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I quite like the event. Rerunning the old adventures and story line quests (?) reminded me how beautiful the game looks. The hardest part for me was getting the Supers in Crucible until I realised you can mix in and out my normal armor set...still took a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I quite like the event. Rerunning the old adventures and story line quests (?) reminded me how beautiful the game looks. The hardest part for me was getting the Supers in Crucible until I realised you can mix in and out my normal armor set...still took a while though.

Will take about 15 minutes after reset to do the scrucible supers as Mayhem is the featured playlist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I havent logged into D2 in about 6 weeks - Just fell out of love with the game. Am I missing much?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I havent logged into D2 in about 6 weeks - Just fell out of love with the game. Am I missing much?

Nothing that would entice you back to be honest. Farsaken will be the big change to the game. See what you think then, reviews, impressions from gameplay, chat here if it happens.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Decided to do the armour and I have finally managed to upgrade it to Blue, I might just try complete the set with there been a couple of weeks to do so :D I have to say tho I really miss the destiny 1 raids :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I finally got a set to legendary, not looking forward to trying to masterwork it though.

Crucible wins were my biggest pain point, half the matches we were getting stomped due to people quitting half way through, and others were lost in the last 20 seconds.

I have hope for the Dreaming City raid to be something similar to Kings Fall, my fave, but we'll see.

I'm still gonna wait a week or two after it releases to see if it lives up to all the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Seen they're removing trials for an entire season to fix it. A competent dev would have sorted that over the last year...

D2 might be as good as D1 by Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

AdamD wrote: »
    Seen they're removing trials for an entire season to fix it. A competent dev would have sorted that over the last year...

D2 might be as good as D1 by Christmas

Yup, faction rally has been removed too. Like the new ammo economy for pvp with it giving feck all ammo for shottys and snipers. Should make it interesting having to scrounge ammo for them rsther than opening a chest like the later D1 meta.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Prestige Nightfall and Heroic strikes are been removed when forsaken drops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

So a game that badly needs content added is taking stuff out??

Riiiiight....

Replacing more so than removing.

There'll be three different light levels instead of normal and heroic.
    So losing two but gaining four :)

So revamping current content and selling it as new?

SeanHarty wrote: »

In a nutshell, yes. It really annoys me the one of the USP's of Forsaken is random rolls on weapons.

This is the 1st piece of Destiny content I will not be buying ahead of launch. Fool me once with CoO. Fool me twice with Warmind! I will watch the Reddit posts for a few weeks (especially once the new raid drops) rumors it's going to be a kings fall / leviathan style raid rather than Crota / Aksis shooter style whihc is hugely disappointing as usually, if you do not know the over complicated mechanics 100%, you are usually booted.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bloody hell.

Do you want the game fixed or not? You want to moan that it isn't good enough and then moan about how they are fixing it

you don't want to buy Forsaken, then don't buy it and still enjoy the original content and PVP with the new loadout style and random roles. FFS, what on earth is there to moan about there.

Its a live game, fixing the problems mean changing a live game.

Speaking for myself,the problem is they had already fixed destiny 1. Then removed everything that was good about the fixes in the sequel.

Thats just poor full stop.

The game is only worth playing since warmind and thats only because they were reverting to more like destiny 1.

So if the forsaken comes out and is great its another case of the game taking 3 expansions to get on track. Again thats poor imo.

Live games change alright but to have to change BACK to where they were just seems like a waste of time. The ballsed it up imo.

Either way im playing it now but i dont think bungie deserve any slack really.

Bloody hell.

Do you want the game fixed or not? You want to moan that it isn't good enough and then moan about how they are fixing it

you don't want to buy Forsaken, then don't buy it and still enjoy the original content and PVP with the new loadout style and random roles. FFS, what on earth is there to moan about there.

Its a live game, fixing the problems mean changing a live game.

Jasus get down off bungie will ya.

They sold a broken game and have asked their player base to pay huge money to just get it back to what it was at the end of destiny 1.

What's wrong with what I've said? I'm not just moaning I'm just not letting them away with it.

I feel their are two very good saying to sum up what's going on with destiny two..

A fool and his money are easily parted.

And fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I for one won't he spending an extra 50-80 on top of the 80 I spent when the game came out just so bungie can try and fix their game.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Speaking for myself,the problem is they had already fixed destiny 1. Then removed everything that was good about the fixes in the sequel.

Thats just poor full stop.

The game is only worth playing since warmind and thats only because they were reverting to more like destiny 1.

So if the forsaken comes out and is great its another case of the game taking 3 expansions to get on track. Again thats poor imo.

Live games change alright but to have to change BACK to where they were just seems like a waste of time. The ballsed it up imo.

Either way im playing it now but i dont think bungie deserve any slack really.
    Yeah, they ballsed up. They have said that.

They are reverting back towards D1 and also evolving what D1 was as well. What we are about to get is not a copy of D1. We didn't have normal primary snipers and shotguns. We couldn't run a normal all sniper or shotgun loadout. We could assign our own mods to weapons. We are getting something new.

Yeah, would have been great if D2 had been the game we wanted it to be - they absolutely messed up.

I just don't see great value in continuing to whinge about how they fix the game when the fixes are (possibly correct).

• Advertisement

Jasus get down off bungie will ya.

They sold a broken game and have asked their player base to pay huge money to just get it back to what it was at the end of destiny 1.

What's wrong with what I've said? I'm not just moaning I'm just not letting them away with it.

I feel their are two very good saying to sum up what's going on with destiny two..

A fool and his money are easily parted.

And fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I for one won't he spending an extra 50-80 on top of the 80 I spent when the game came out just so bungie can try and fix their game.

Then don't pay a penny. And you will still get the new load outs. you will still get random rolls. and you will still get the new PVP modes. and you will still get the new crucible maps. and you will continue to whinge about how they fix the game you fell was broken but don't want them fixing or changing cause it should have been good enough first time out. Cool.

Whatever your problem with me is get over it.

Your a grown man ffs.

I feel we could have actually had a decent discussion on this if I still had the boards clan beside my name in game.

It's sad really.

Just to chime in on the above:

The bits they're changing back to what they were like in D1 are the bits they're not charging you for, you'll still get them regardless if you buy Forsaken or not.

You're paying for the new expansion and new bits that come with that, if you want to.

Tazzimus wrote: »

The bits they're changing back to what they were like in D1 are the bits they're not charging you for, you'll still get them regardless if you buy Forsaken or not.

You're paying for the new expansion and new bits that come with that, if you want to.

Ok that doesn't sound as bad as before.

My main problem is they released a game and charged good wack for it and they actually removed content. It just baffles me.

And now they are going to release new content in a DLC but the price of it is pretty high for a game that came out broken and is only still standing because of the loyal fan base.

It would have been a nice touch to release a good amount of content for a fair price to try and make up for the money players have already put into the game.

I know people will say well if you get x amount of hours from a game it's worth it but I always found with destiny the DLC play through was pretty limited in terms of story and you end up going back to dailys/nightfalls etc just like before.

I hold no grudges with bungie I got such enjoyment out of the first game I always said the second had paid for itself before it came out. I'm more annoyed with the way they've ruined the way I look at the game with the second.

Hopefully for the people still loyal they fix it.

Yeah, they ballsed up. They have said that.

They are reverting back towards D1 and also evolving what D1 was as well. What we are about to get is not a copy of D1. We didn't have normal primary snipers and shotguns. We couldn't run a normal all sniper or shotgun loadout. We could assign our own mods to weapons. We are getting something new.

Yeah, would have been great if D2 had been the game we wanted it to be - they absolutely messed up.

I just don't see great value in continuing to whinge about how they fix the game when the fixes are (possibly correct).

Im glad it looks like thier getting a handle on things. The game is certainly much more fun these days for me.

Nobody is whinging about the fixes,from what i see people are criticising the fact we all had to pay a hefty price for D2 and only now are we getting a game thats worth it.

Its not like this sub forum is full of whinging either,in fact its been full of nothing at all for months now.

Tazzimus wrote: »

Exactly.

I can see a utopian argument for the Forsaken to be provided free as a good will gesture but I understand the business realities make that likely impossible - I do think €40 looks like a good price for what we are getting - it looks like a huge content release, but the proof will be in the playing.

I just don't understand the backlash against the actual changes coming to the gameplay/sandbox which come to everyone. A fool and their money may be easily parted but no money needs to be paid for any of the sandbox/gameplay changes so what is the problem? Why are Bungie catching flack for it? I get everyone would have loved these changes a lot sooner, but at least we are getting them.

Exactly.

I can see a utopian argument for the Forsaken to be provided free as a good will gesture but I understand the business realities make that likely impossible - I do think €40 looks like a good price for what we are getting - it looks like a huge content release, but the proof will be in the playing.

I just don't understand the backlash against the actual changes coming to the gameplay/sandbox which come to everyone. A fool and their money may be easily parted but no money needs to be paid for any of the sandbox/gameplay changes so what is the problem? Why are Bungie catching flack for it? I get everyone would have loved these changes a lot sooner, but at least we are getting them.
    I think it may be that it's D1 repeating itself again.
    From what I read about it (I came into D1 fairly late, just as RoI dropped I think) The same thing happened there.

Forsaken looks to be The Taken King sort of expansion so should be a decent bit of content in it.

I'll still wait a week or two to see if it's lived up to the hype they're giving it, plenty to be playing in the meantime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I played the first game for three years with the odd break here and there. I enjoyed the second one, got the three characters to max level and then stopped. There was no reason to go on with it. Came back to it last month but just found it confusing and a bit of a chore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Well my gripe is that they're removing content (trials), just as I was considering looking at the game again. I also logged on yesterday and noticed there are way more PvP playlists now, which is kinda hilarious after the whole narrative of having few playlists on release to 'improve connection' as the playerbase wasn't big enough (which was never remotely true but banded about like gospel..). The amount of Bungie's decisions which have been reverted is pretty hilarious, its just difficult to support a developer who are wrong so damn often.

Played some PvP and its..interesting. Thank God they're changing it because the weapons feel like pea shooters. Although in general the game just feels a bit off after coming from Fortnite, the FoV is so tiny its claustrophobic. Still holding a bit of hope for it being decent when they fix the TTK as the gunplay is still nice (other than feeling like no gun is actually strong enough to kill someone). Also having been playing Fortnite for a few months now, the speed at which Epic move is just on a different level to Bungie. Can't say I have the patience to wait 3/4 months for balance patches and 3/4 months to 'fix' trials which only really needs some game rule tweaks to be playable. A competent dev would make the tweaks and leave the mode up whilst working on the revamp in the background for the next season.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I played the first game for three years with the odd break here and there. I enjoyed the second one, got the three characters to max level and then stopped. There was no reason to go on with it. Came back to it last month but just found it confusing and a bit of a chore.

You hit the nail on the head. At present, the game is a chore!

Advertisement