Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical student assaults girlfriend

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Genuinely, what are ye arguing about? I've read the whole exchange and while ye both seem very motivated to express your disagreement with each other, I actually can't figure out what exactly yere disagreeing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Genuinely, what are ye arguing about? I've read the whole exchange and while ye both seem very motivated to express your disagreement with each other, I actually can't figure out what exactly yere disagreeing on.

Back to the very start.

Conor said: 'We can't make any presumptions about her conduct, she wasn't in the dock. She wasn't required to give evidence in the dock.'

I replied: 'The facts, including that she slapped him, were presented by a Garda. She wasn't even in the courtroom. Ill presume you didn't bother reading any reports.'

The Garda, in the courtroom said she slapped him. So no presumptions made, thats what was stated by the Garda. She was also not in the courtroom, never mind the dock. My last comment may have been inflammatory, for which I apologise.

The rest is history. Virtual shake hands and move on from me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

This doesn't sound like the kind of person anyone would want as their doctor:
    https://twitter.com/RayConnellan40/status/937286461430177792

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

He should counter sue her for the take away in the face ...

edit though after reading further into it and if those tweets are genuine he sounds like a right c*nt ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Yeah he really does not seem like a guy who'll be good as gold from now on. A message of "if you can pay for this with money you don't have to pay for it other ways" seems like a very stupid message to send to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Doc07

'This doesn't sound like the kind of person anyone would want as their doctor:'

Just to reassure anyone who doesn't know;
    He IS NOT a medical student and therefore WILL NOT be a doctor.
    I know I should just ignore it and get on with my sad little life but the article title is really annoying me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Went back and took a look at the first few pages of the "(female) oxford university student avoids jail thread for stabbing bf in unprovoked attack" thread.

Its interesting how posters that are all over this thread in outrage are glaringly absent from that one*.
    And of that core of members that did post they aren't bothering to condemn the incident and the trivial sentencing simply debating factors in sentencing, its all very calm.

I think RayM's post stands out though as an example of the type of the way a subset of posters are very selective in their moral outrage over incidents.

First post in this thread.
    RayM wrote: »
    Nothing on After Hours surprises me anymore.

First page post in the other thread is a joke
    RayM wrote: »
    I don't see why not.

e353d117d64fe4e1689066abf64e2840.gif

Yes nothing in AH does surprise me anymore either.

PS your man should get jail time loosing control to that level of violence is a serious thing, (its not that surprising he didn't plenty of more harmful assaults occur in Dublin every week that don't lead to jail- doesn't excuse it though) she should maybe get a caution (for the very first part of the incident as she did strike him first)

* I will get the "other jurisdictions" thing but at least a good few posters are actually uk based/background

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Went back and took a look at the first few pages of the "(female) oxford university student avoids jail thread for stabbing bf in unprovoked attack" thread.

Its interesting how posters that are all over this thread in outrage are glaringly absent from that one*.

Is there now a rule that requires posting in specific threads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Is there now a rule that requires posting in specific threads?

No but it's interesting the absence of certain posters and the response of those that did, particularly the one making a joke on the first page of a thread about a similar but more serious incident than this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

No but it's interesting the absence of certain posters and the response of those that did, particularly the one making a joke on the first page of a thread about a similar but more serious incident than this one.

Agenda driven you'll find.

• Advertisement

This being a prime example...

You drew conclusions from looking at "the first few pages" of another thread and seeing who didn't post? Your contribution is based, at least partially, on what wasn't said in a subset of posts from another thread?

That's kinda ridiculous. Maybe someone was walking the dog or sick with the flu.

Did you post on the Oxford student stabbing thread, cross checking it with the assault on Maynooth student thread or street performer loses an eye in unprovoked attack thread or Garda avoids jail for attacking 2 women thread and draw any conclusions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Doc07 wrote:
    Just to reassure anyone who doesn't know; He IS NOT a medical student and therefore WILL NOT be a doctor. I know I should just ignore it and get on with my sad little life but the article title is really annoying me.

I don't understand? It says he studied medicine in TCD and is now doing a post grad. What is he so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I think RayM's post stands out though as an example of the type of the way a subset of posters are very selective in their moral outrage over incidents.

First post in this thread.

First page post in the other thread is a joke

Someone posted a joke? What? On After Hours? That is shocking. You should have reported the post at the time - joking on After Hours is absolutely not on and I humbly apologise. Maybe you should report it anyway, retrospectively. Maybe I should hand myself in.

Advertisement