Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Conor McGregor Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Hey, did you miss my post?

No I’m not into sports. What has that got to do with anything?

The fact is. McGregor struts about like he’s hot shît. The fact of the matter is… he lost twice now to fighters that are much hottter shït than him. They didn’t have to stoop to his level of gutter entertainment and proved their worth in the ring/octagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

mad muffin wrote: »
    No I’m not into sports. What has that got to do with anything?

The fact is. McGregor struts about like he’s hot sh The fact of the matter is… he lost twice now to fighters that are much hottter shthan him. They didn’t have to stoop to his level of gutter entertainment and proved their worth in the ring/octagon.

So you haven't a clue about mcgregor the sportsman then? Understood and can now completely ignore your opinion on him as a sportsman.

So you haven't a clue about mcgregor the sportsman then? Understood and can now completely ignore your opinion on him as a sportsman.

Sportsman?! SPORTSMAN?!?! Don’t make me laugh…

Sportsman?! SPORTSMAN?!?! Don’t make me laugh…

He is a man who competes at the very highest level of his sport. What are you not understanding?

He is a man who competes at the very highest level of his sport. What are you not understanding?

Anthony Joshua is a sportsman.

By the way… there’s more to competing in a sport to be called a sportsman.

What are you not understanding?

• Advertisement

Anthony Joshua is a sportsman.

What are you not understanding?

You have no clue about AJ as a sportsman, you just said you've no interest in sport. Which is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Eh...

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Eh...

He's trying to give out about McGregor and his unsportsmanlkke behaviour.

You have no clue about AJ as a sportsman, you just said you've no interest in sport. Which is it?
    DrPhilG wrote: »
    Eh...

I might not be into sports but I think I understand what a sportsman is better than you.

You have a very narrow and basic understanding of what a sportsman is. He might be a sports professional. He might be good at his chosen sport. That doesn’t make him a sportsman.

He demands respect without giving it. He doesn’t respect his opponents. He doesn’t respect his sport. If he did he wouldn’t carry on like he dose. He might bring in the crowds with his crassness. With his casual racism. With his flashy outfits and fast cars. Still doesn’t make him a sportsman.

A sportsman wouldn’t behave like he does. A sportsman wouldn’t be arrested for destroying property and threading people.

No. He’s definitely not a sportsman.

I might not be into sports but I think I understand what a sportsman is better than you.

You have a very narrow and basic understanding of what a sportsman is. He might be a sports professional. He might be good at his chosen sport. That doesn’t make him a sportsman.

He demands respect without giving it. He doesn’t respect his opponents. He doesn’t respect his sport. If he did he wouldn’t carry on like he dose. He might bring in the crowds with his crassness. With his casual racism. With his flashy outfits and fast cars. Still doesn’t make him a sportsman.

A sportsman wouldn’t behave like he does. A sportsman wouldn’t be arrested for destroying property and threading people.

Do yourself and all of us a favour and look at how he reacts to his opponents after every single fight.

Yes even after the Khabib fight, he sat and took his loss like a man until all the other nonsense happened and I am sure he would have offered a handshake after Khabibs hand was raised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Tl;dr

Sportsman = people in sports you like.
    Not a sportsman = people in sports you don't lile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Don’t really know anything about MMA, but why did McGregor tap out instead of waiting for a stoppage? Why not be carried out on your shield so to speak? Or do I have it wrong, is there no fault in quitting in that way?

Do yourself and all of us a favour and look at how he reacts to his opponents after every single fight.

Yes even after the Khabib fight, he sat and took his loss like a man until all the other nonsense happened and I am sure he would have offered a handshake after Khabibs hand was raised.

I highly doubt Khabib would have shook his hand after McGregors carryon. Why do you think he lost his shît after he won? Not for McGregors sportsman like behaviour.

I highly doubt Khabib would have shook his hand after McGregors carryon. Why do you think he lost his shafter he won? Not for McGregors sportsman like behaviour.

I didn't say Khabib would have, I said he would have been offered a handshake.

Don’t really know anything about MMA, but why did McGregor tap out instead of waiting for a stoppage? Why not be carried out on your shield so to speak? Or do I have it wrong, is there no fault in quitting in that way?

Because with the hold that was applied there's a high risk of a broken jaw. If you can't get out of it then tap, absolutely no shame in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,149 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

He sat and took his loss because he was well beaten and maby concussed ,as for offering kabib a handshake that was never going to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Because with the hold that was applied there's a high risk of a broken jaw. If you can't get out of it then tap, absolutely no shame in it.

Also am I right in saying that if they don't tap and end up passing out they can't fight again for a number of months or something?

Vaguely remember hearing something similar to that.

mahoney_j wrote: »
    He sat and took his loss because he was well beaten and maby concussed ,as for offering kabib a handshake that was never going to happen

Exactly, he knew he was beaten by a better man. Just like against Nate Diaz and Floyd Mayweather, how did he react after those fights?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Anthony Joshua, with his time in prison for assault and community service for possession with intent to supply? Is he a sportsman?

What about Floyd Mayweather? Time inside for domestic violence.

Eric Cantona? Assault and was once banned from international football

Tiger Woods? DUI's

And on and on.

Noveight wrote: »
    Also am I right in saying that if they don't tap and end up passing out they can't fight again for a number of months or something?

Vaguely remember hearing something similar to that.

Medical suspensions are a thing.

• Advertisement

Anthony Joshua, with his time in prison for assault and community service for possession with intent to supply? Is he a sportsman?

What about Floyd Mayweather? Time inside for domestic violence.

Eric Cantona? Assault and was once banned from international football

Tiger Woods? DUI's

And on and on.

Yes. I didn’t say they were perfect. They made mistakes and are more humble for it. They conduct themselves with dignity in their respective sport. What did McGregor learn from his altercation in New York? Absolutely nothing.

Yes. I didn’t say they were perfect. They made mistakes and are more humble for it. They conduct themselves with dignity in their respective sport. What did McGregor learn from his altercation in New York? Absolutely nothing.

Mayweather is humble hahahahahahahaha

Mayweather is humble hahahahahahahaha

Yes. He was very humble with his match against McGregor. Can you say the same about McGregor?

Yes. He was very humble with his match against McGregor. Can you say the same about McGregor?

They were both as bad as each other in the buildup to their fight(not match). Both were ultra respectful afterwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Because if you dont tap they keep going till ur asleep or theres permanent damage done, arm bar with no tap = broke arm.

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

In fairness Mayweather has earned the right to be a bit of a mouthpiece, he has a fight record that McGregor can only dream of.

awec wrote: »
    In fairness Mayweather has earned the right to be a bit of a mouthpiece, he has a fight record that McGregor can only dream of.

He has that record because by and large he has beaten tin cans to get to that 50-0 record.

They were both as bad as each other in the buildup to their fight(not match). Both were ultra respectful afterwards.

As usual McGregor made it personal. Later after getting his ass handed to him he said it was only business.

We can spar (is that the right term? Are we sparing? Don’t want to get the terminology wrong again) all night.

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

He has that record because by and large he has beaten tin cans to get to that 50-0 record.
    :pac:

#50 definitely a tin can anyway.

• Advertisement

As usual McGregor made it personal. Later after getting his ass handed to him he said it was only business.

We can spar (is that the right term? Are we sparing? Don’t want to get the terminology wrong again) all night.

I'm not sure why you keep trying to discuss sports considering you've already admitted you've no interest in it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement