Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Conor McGregor Thread

Options
  • 01-12-2017 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

He think he is? Just look at the way he walked up to the court today. He could not even dress decently. Is he that lazy he could not find a shirt, tie and a decent trousers. Instead he walks up in a tracksuit and white trainers that just looked terrible with it and he just looked like a gangster.
    After today there is not a hope of me ever liking him and I am ashamed that he is Irish. He is an ignorant and arrogant idiot.
    He does not deserve to have a beautiful car like the BMW i8 either. Seriously how hard would it have been to close the doors. Its a pity it was not robbed that would have thought him. I think they the guards should have took it and impounded it.
    The court should have charged him 40k not 400 euros once again the law in this country is a joke.

One rule for the rich and another for the poor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Idiot he is not.

Id like his money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭thedeere

Which way is Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

AMKC wrote: »
    The court should have charged him 40k not 400 euros once again the law in this country is a joke.

Why do you contradict yourself here? The judge imposed a normal fine as anyone would get in this situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Never heard of the chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

He think he is? Just look at the way he walked up to the court today. He could not even dress decently. Is he that lazy he could not find a shirt, tie and a decent trousers. Instead he walks up in a tracksuit and white trainers that just looked terrible with it and he just looked like a gangster.
    After today there is not a hope of me ever liking him and I am ashamed that he is Irish. He is an ignorant and arrogant idiot.
    He does not deserve to have a beautiful car like the BMW i8 either. Seriously how hard would it have been to close the doors. Its a pity it was not robbed that would have thought him. I think they the guards should have took it and impounded it.

Would you like the poor people to be fined 40k too or is it one rule for the poor and another for us rich

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thought he was excellent with Charley Boorman in the Long Way Round

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Ah sure you're entitled to your opinion. Like him or not you have to hand it to him he's made a bloody fortune and could buy any car he wants.... And fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

It's the same rule for the rich and poor, that's why he was fined €400. now that other Conor McGregor fella, what an A hole!

Beasty wrote: »
    Thought he was excellent with Charley Boorman in the Long Way Round

Is he an actor? Googled him but didn't find anything. Results were about Conor McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

His rightly got under your skin pal..did his dip his wick in your mrs or what

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Berserker wrote: »
    Is he an actor? Googled him but didn't find anything. Results were about Conor McGregor.
    Think I'd better retreat to the SSF thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,334 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's all an act with him. He planned exactly what he did Today in my opinion to get more attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

It's the unnecessary showboating that's embarrassing. Just pay the fine and go home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Don't let him get under your Wig! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Why do you contradict yourself here? The judge imposed a normal fine as anyone would get in this situation.

What I mean is if it was a person that was on a low wage or even the dole that was caught speeding like him they would get the same sentence or worse. Why does Conor Mcgregor have to pay in installments? Am sure he would easily be able to take 400 euro out of his bank and pay the fine there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I like him, I think he and his family and partner all seem like lovely, normal people. I actually hate to think of any of the rumours about him being true!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭thedeere

What I mean is if it was a person that was on a low wage or even the dole that was caught speeding like him they would get the same sentence or worse. Why does Conor Mcgregor have to pay in installments? Am sure he would easily be able to take 400 euro out of his bank and pay the fine there and then.

What about someone on job seekers or some one drawing stamps?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Could never warm to him. I get the impression he was always a pr!ck even before he became famous.

darkdubh wrote: »
    Could never warm to him. I get the impression he was always a pr!ck even before he became famous.

I met him a few times before he was famous through a friend of mine who is big into martial arts. He was a nice lad, cheeky chap but nothing nasty. He didn't come across well outside that court today. His car should have been clamped, for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

I think you picked up on the report wrong.
    The Judge offered him the standard option of paying in installments for if he needed to.
    McGregor said no to this.
    So this means that McGregor gets the standard "3 months to pay, 3 months in default"
    That means that if he hasn't paid the fine (in one installment) within three months then he will be liable to go to jail for three months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

It's all an act with him. He planned exactly what he did Today in my opinion to get more attention.

Did he appear via hologram from his panic room in Spain?
    I wonder what Paul Williams has to say on the matter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Idiot he is not.

Id like his money.

because there are no stupid rich people ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Until this day I was a fan. He let himself down BIG TIME! Who could respect a man who shows so little respect for other road-users and the Court. He came across as a low-down gangster. He seemed to be on something judging by the way he behaved as high as a kite and in the way he came out and took off at speed.

He did himself no favours today. If this is what money does to someone, then it really is the root of evil, as the saying goes.

Thanks for this thread. I had thought of starting one up myself.

I will never be a fan of his again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Eyepatch wrote: »
    Until this day I was a fan. He let himself down BIG TIME! Who could respect a man who shows so little respect for other road-users and the Cojurt. He came across as a low-down gangster. He seemed to be on something judging by the way he behaved as high as a kite and in the way he came out and took off at speed.

He did himself no favours today. If this is what money does to someone, then it really is the root of evil, as the saying goes.

Thanks for this thread. I had thought of starting one up myself.

I will never be a fan of his again.

According to reports he allegedly told the Judge to relax. 99 times out of 100 that would get you a week in jail for contempt of court.
    But we all venerate money don't we. And he's dripping in it. He could have turned up in the nip and nobody would have said anything to him.

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    According to reports he allegedly told the Judge to relax. 99 times out of 100 that would get you a week in jail for contempt of court.
    But we all venerate money don't we. And he's dripping in it. He could have turned up in the nip and nobody would have said anything to him.

As my mother, God Rest Her, might have said: He's lost the run of himself.

There are plenty of Irish Celebs, like those who have made their name in film. You don't hear of them behaving like that, even though they are probably wealthier than he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Isolt wrote: »
    I like him, I think he and his family and partner all seem like lovely, normal people. I actually hate to think of any of the rumours about him being true!

Sarcasm at its finest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

because he's rich is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

He's Irish.
    We're great craic.
    Everyone wants to be Irish.
    Tayto. Guinness. Irish mammies. De wooden spoon.
    What were we talking about again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

It's takes a smart man to act dumb. I find it highly amusing people still believe McGregor is some mug who has no grasp of promotion. Don't get me wrong, I dislike his demeanor, arrogance and, despite his successes, his influence on the impressionable, but he's no fool. When he wants to be he's disciplined, opportunistic and highly motivated - these are not the traits of an idiot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement