Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rodia77

My package was marked "delivered" this morning by the first delivery service, so delivered to PM.

Haven't received any word yet from PM.

Is it normal that you hear nothing until it arrives in the actual local locker? Or should it already be in my account online ?

You should get 'arrived in the Dublin depot' message first, but their parcel processing has got very sluggish. Two weeks ago I got a DHL delivered notification at 10am and the PM arrived notification after 6pm. You can use the 'find my parcel' option but sometimes they don't even bother to reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Thanks lads. Fingers crossed it doesn't get lost. Sent in a "Find my parcel" request just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭VG31

My package was marked "delivered" this morning by the first delivery service, so delivered to PM.

Haven't received any word yet from PM.

Is it normal that you hear nothing until it arrives in the actual local locker? Or should it already be in my account online ?

In my experience if it's delivered by around 11 am in Newtownabbey it's usually (but by no means always) checked-in to the PM depot that evening. If it's any later it's usually checked-in the next afternoon or evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Thanks lads. Fingers crossed it doesn't get lost. Sent in a "Find my parcel" request just in case

Sending in a "Find my parcel" request for a package that arrived this morning & isn't even lost is madness. Tying up resources that might be better used on finding a parcel that is actually missing or lost.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Are people really adding to their backlog now for parcels delivered today and not check in by afternoon. Cop on you are making things worse for those with genuine issues.

During peak periods they dont show up on account till 8pm/9pm some times or sometimes even the following day so give it atleast a day or two before starting to worry and sending them email for it and add to their already huge backlog

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Sorry for adding the the backlog :v Will keep it in mind in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Has anybody had any luck getting trough to an actual human on the phone? Id swear they leave the phones unattended when the pressure is on,just because they couldn’t be arsed answering to deal with the hassle

It's near to impossible from my experience. All you can do is log a support ticket through their website (it's a skin on the ZenDesk ticketing system many companies use). Then eventually, after a month they will reply by email.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

It's near to impossible from my experience. All you can do is log a support ticket through their website (it's a skin on the ZenDesk ticketing system many companies use). Then eventually, after a month they will reply by email.

Finally got through to them today. I had 5 oversized parcels paid for and was waiting over a week for them. Their excuse...there was no Eircode on my account and the drivers didn’t no my area( a numbered house In an estate). I’ve had dozens of parcels delivered by them before. So I asked” you’re telling me my parcel will get delivered only if by luck I get the driver that knows the area? Why wast I contacted about my Eircode if there was any confusion?”
    Imbiciles

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Finally got through to them today. I had 5 oversized parcels paid for and was waiting over a week for them. Their excuse...there was no Eircode on my account and the drivers didn’t no my area( a numbered house In an estate). I’ve had dozens of parcels delivered by them before. So I asked” you’re telling me my parcel will get delivered only if by luck I get the driver that knows the area? Why wast I contacted about my Eircode if there was any confusion?”
    Imbiciles

Especially that your phone number is printed on the Parcel Motel label...

I only get things delivered to the official parcel lockers at petrol stations, this makes everything simple and predictable. Recently I had to buy a house appliance, it was classified as an oversized item but it fit in a locker OK.

Especially that your phone number is printed on the Parcel Motel label...

I only get things delivered to the official parcel lockers at petrol stations, this makes everything simple and predictable. Recently I had to buy a house appliance, it was classified as an oversized item but it fit in a locker OK.

The bits i bought definitely wouldn’t fit in a locker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

It's probably going to take an extra few days. I had a package delivered to NI Depot early Tuesday morning but didn't get checked in until Wednesday Afternoon. It still hasn't even arrived to the locker yet so either looking at tomorrow or Monday.

I've used PM for over 5 years and I've never had a package lost. I ran into one issue a few years back during the busy period with a large item that was shipped that took several weeks to find and resolve. I've learned not to use them for the most part in the months of November and December as it's just a disaster really and you're on your own trying to resolve the issue as they are swamped.

I don't really have an issue with them raising their price if it meant better customer service and a more speedy delivery, as the same price has been in place for over 5 years for me now at least. But the service has gotten slower for me the last few months, which is understandable given the current situation and the increase in online ordering. The email just seemed like; we're raising our prices for the busy period; and that was it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

Sent parcel to UK on Fri, excellent tracking with upc dropped off Fri due be delivered Mon evening, will use again

It’s actually worse this crowd are getting. Bunch of idiots. It’s like they have 1 person handling the calls. They’re up there with Eir for customer service at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,047 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

To give them their credit I had something arrive in NI Monday, checked in in Dublin Tuesday morning and in my locker by Tuesday lunchtime. In all my years using them I've never had service like that.

Caranica wrote: »
    To give them their credit I had something arrive in NI Monday, checked in in Dublin Tuesday morning and in my locker by Tuesday lunchtime. In all my years using them I've never had service like that.

Well done, you got lucky I’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 10,946 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I got a reply today, two weeks after my original ticket. Woeful stuff.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭VG31

Caranica wrote: »

That's pretty standard for me. Most of the time if it's delivered early enough in NI it's checked-in that evening in Dublin and stored between 2 and 4 am the next day. Otherwise it's the same but a day later.

VG31 wrote: »
    That's pretty standard for me. Most of the time if it's delivered early enough in NI it's checked-in that evening in Dublin and stored between 2 and 4 am the next day. Otherwise it's the same but a day later.

It’s standard practice when they’re not busy. But it’s like they can’t foresee what to do or handle themselves when they get busy. They just fall apart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

I buy a lot from Amazon using parcel motel.
    Up until recently all was well.
    They cannot locate two of my last orders despite Amazon confirming delivery to them .

Any reliable way of using Amazon to get items delivered here ?
    Near an hour on phone to get through to make an enquiry . Seems unreasonable... no reply from email ... it’s a no win situation...
    anyone know is there a claim procedure with parcel motel , or do you just suffer the loss ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

They cannot locate two of my last orders despite Amazon confirming delivery to them .

Near an hour on phone to get through to make an enquiry . Seems unreasonable... no reply from email ... it’s a no win situation...
    anyone know is there a claim procedure with parcel motel , or do you just suffer the loss ?

https://parcelmotel.com/terms/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

DPD parcel wizard or Address Pal both very good, using mostly AP but DPD for drink or large items.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Time limit of 14 days from when you become aware of item being mislaid and also check their list of prohibited items, I would presume if your missing items are on this list, then no re imbursement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Two Christmases ago I ordered a couple of board games from amazon and they went missing despite amazon claiming they were delivered. I even drove to the courier's depot. They apparently spent an hour looking for it while I waited. It wasn't there and I had no recourse because it was down as delivered. Now I would pursue that relentlessly until I got satisfaction but I wasn't aware of my consumer rights back then so some delivery driver got fifty quid off their Christmas presents.

august12 wrote: »
    Time limit of 14 days from when you become aware of item being mislaid and also check their list of prohibited items, I would presume if your missing items are on this list, then no re imbursement.

Thank you , one is 6 pack of toothpaste ! 50 quid and another Arsenal annual ... 10 euro ...they are aware as I emailed them and they say they are looking .... not much point in emailing claim as they don’t reply , so registered post I suppose thanks

Truckermal wrote: »
    DPD parcel wizard or Address Pal both very good, using mostly AP but DPD for drink or large items.

Might try address pal it’s lockers I think and run by an post ?

s1ippy wrote: »
    Two Christmases ago I ordered a couple of board games from amazon and they went missing despite amazon claiming they were delivered. I even drove to the courier's depot. They apparently spent an hour looking for it while I waited. It wasn't there and I had no recourse because it was down as delivered. Now I would pursue that relentlessly until I got satisfaction but I wasn't aware of my consumer rights back then so some delivery driver got fifty quid off their Christmas presents.

What does this mean “

some delivery driver got fifty quid off their Christmas presents.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Might try address pal it’s lockers I think and run by an post ?

Yes but you have the option of getting it delivered with your normal post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Took me 7 minutes and 15 minutes to get through, not terrible really - although all they did was tell me there was a massive delay on Royal Mail stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Took me 7 minutes and 15 minutes to get through, not terrible really - although all they did was tell me there was a massive delay on Royal Mail stuff.

I'd agree with that, have a parcel posted from Derby on 2nd Nov, reached PM yesterday morning, still no email or text. You need to allow up to 2 weeks for something to arrive now. Christmas rush is early this year. I think people are trying to get as much in before brexit. Might pay a lad to lease a white transit van for two months.

Edit Got the email, 2 weeks from paying for it to picking it up.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

8.19 Tuesday morning delivered to Newtownabbey only showed up an hour ago on their system. Gonna try and avoid them over Xmas.

Advertisement