Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

eiei0 wrote: »
    Seller got it working so must have been a glitch last night, I'm sure DPD are blocking PM so people use PW,

I wonder how Brexit will affect these services,

Thanks

DPD shutting their virtual address option from 11th Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Has PM confirmed how it’s going to work after Jan 1st? New PM opened down the road from me this week and would be really handy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Has PM confirmed how it’s going to work after Jan 1st? New PM opened down the road from me this week and would be really handy to use.

It all depends on a trade deal so I reckon they've no idea themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Abe_88

I just received an update that my package is now in the Van and arrival estimate around 10-12. Do they work sundays or is this an incorrect update?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'd say everyone will be doing Sundays, if not already, very shortly.

• Advertisement

meepp wrote: »
    How is their turn around on missing packages these days?

Hermes delivered a package Last Wednesday, after several days, didn't hear a thing.

So i put the tracking number into their parcel finder, nothing came up.

In the past, if there was a parcel with no pm number on it, it would be matched fairly quickly using this method?

I got a ticket number, but that was three days ago and the automated reply says please allow three days.

It's an xmas presewnt for my 9YO niece, i'm a bit worried someone has lifted it.

It was one of those scenarios where a kid wants something for Xmas that is long since discontinued. It's not going to be easy to replace.

Bit frustrated.

Has this turned up yet and if so how long did it take?

My parcel was delivered by Hermes last Monday to the PM depot in NewtownAbbey but I still haven't received notification from PM.

I filled in the lost package form on Thursday, haven't heard anything back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 14 meepp

My parcel was delivered by Hermes last Monday to the PM depot in NewtownAbbey but I still haven't received notification from PM.

It's good to know it's not just me.

I have heard nothing since however.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

uli84 wrote: »
    Now they have increased the prices, hope the others will NOT follow

Others are closing down so you're fairly safe there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Hi all,

I had 2 separate parcels delivered to the Parcel Motel depot in Newtownabbey on Saturday

Royal mail delivered a parcel at 7:30am on Saturday 21/11

Hermes delivered a parcel at 10:30am on Saturday 21/11

The parcel from Hermes was checked-in a few hours later and arrived in my locker later that night around 9pm

The parcel from Royal Mail, which showed as having arrived at the depot 3 hours before the Hermes parcel has not even been check-in yet (no "arrived at the depot" email confirmation received?)

Should I be worried, its a valuable car accessory worth about 200 euro.

Customer services are not answering the phone at all this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

ION08 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I had 2 separate parcels delivered to the Parcel Motel depot in Newtownabbey on Saturday

The parcel from Hermes was checked-in a few hours later and arrived in my locker later that night around 9pm

The parcel from Royal Mail, which showed as having arrived at the depot 3 hours before the Hermes parcel has not even been check-in yet (no "arrived at the depot" email confirmation received?)

No, you just got lucky with the second parcel.

People just have to have a little more patience.

It's like a catastrophe if some people don't get a parcel in 2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 smoeky

ION08 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I had a parcel delivered Friday morning and still haven't heard anything from PM. Was that parcel larger by any chance?
    I realised that mine was probably oversized when I double checked. Hopefully it turns up soon. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lynchtp

Ordered a laptop.
    Sent by DHL, who say delivered to PM on Thursday - no update yet from PM.
    Getting worried but as above commenters mention trying them some slack - especially as all th Black Friday deals have already begun.

Darc19 wrote: »
    No, you just got lucky with the second parcel.

People just have to have a little more patience.

It's like a catastrophe if some people don't get a parcel in 2 days.

Not at all, I don't mind waiting as long as I will receive it eventually...

I just hope someone hasn't pinched it and the complete lack of customer service isn't exactly confidence inspiring. :(

I also have another package (no idea what it could be) that is apparently "in transit" since 03 Nov for the past 20 days...

intransit.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Anyone ever have a parcel delivered only for the local PM to be out of order? Had a package delivered Saturday afternoon and when I tried to collect it several times between yesterday and today, the screen was blank.
    Tried contacting them but going by their Facebook, they don't reply. I've now gotten a message saying that it will be returned to the depot for reprocessing. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Anyone have any secret way to contact Parcel Motel.

Have a phone missing in transit nearly 2 weeks now.

Phone, Twitter and Email don't work.

Didn't think anyone could be worse than Eir but here we are.

I wish people would vote with their wallet and stop using PM. Piss poor customer service. I'm going to try address pal next time

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I wish people would vote with their wallet and stop using PM. Piss poor customer service. I'm going to try address pal next time

You might want to read through the AddressPal thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Anyone have any secret way to contact Parcel Motel.

Have a phone missing in transit nearly 2 weeks now.

Phone, Twitter and Email don't work.

Didn't think anyone could be worse than Eir but here we are.

I had a phone go missing worth 1500 end of October, 3 emails and 3 calls, refund got approved Friday and was sent to their account team to process so expecting in in next few days.

So 1 month in total it took from the day item was delivered. I had extended liability hence getting full 1500.

Thats my experience, I have read online for some people it took 3-4 months to get their claim approve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

I've been using them happily since September 2012, never had any issues. In my experience of 8 years worth of Black Fridays and Christmas rushes it something hits Newtownabbey before midday it would be in my locker that night.

whiterebel wrote: »
    You might want to read through the AddressPal thread

Is it a bad service?

I've had nothing but hassle with PM, items missing, lockers not working, zero customer service

• Advertisement

My item was delivered to NewtownAbbey over a week ago now and still haven't received a text to say they have it. Is this common, does it usually turn up? Won't be using this service again if I can help it

My item was delivered to NewtownAbbey over a week ago now and still haven't received a text to say they have it. Is this common, does it usually turn up? Won't be using this service again if I can help it

I didn't hear anything more about my missing package either. Something of mine was delivered to them this morning. If that goes awol too, am going to stop using them.

Bit cheeky of them to put the price up when they're obviously having significant poblems?

Me and the Mrs use the same Parcel Motel locker

A couple of weeks ago, a box arrived in Newtownabbey, addressed to her.

The next day, 3 separate boxes addressed to me arrived in Newtownabbey.

All 3 of the boxes addressed to me were in my hands within 48 hrs.

But the box addressed to her took at least 4 days.

The first explanation i can think of is that's something to do with her Parcel Motel number being much higher than mine.

Otherwise, PM are just falling apart?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭steve-o

I sent an item last week using Parcel Motel's returns service to Royal Mail, where they supposedly drop the package to Royal Mail in Newtownabbey to be sent onwards using ParcelForce (Amazon refused to give me an An Post label because it was a 3rd party seller in Germany).

Parcel Motel say it was delivered to the Royal Mail sorting office, but there have been no tracking scans on the ParcelForce website, and there's apparently no way to phone the Royal Mail office directly to ask what's happening.

Perhaps using this service wasn't a smart idea because I have no comeback if the item has disappeared in transit. Paying €3.50 to PM instead of paying €20+ to a courier seemed like a good idea at the time.

Has anyone else here used this service and been in this position?

They've since told me it's been found. But i won't be convinced until i have it in my hands.

All i can say to you is keep at them for now...

Parcel arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I sent a return via pm a good while back (about 6 weeks), it’s vanished it seems. Yesterday (many calls and a couple of emails later) they emailed me for a tracking number (again), and a screenshot of my invoice. I haven’t got the invoice though (stupid I know, I must have deleted in error). I screenshotted the PayPal transaction (not worth much because I bought other bits at the same time so the value doesn’t tally). Does the value I entered when I registered my package first count for anything, or is it hopeless?

meepp wrote: »
    They've since told me it's been found. But i won't be convinced until i have it in my hands.

All i can say to you is keep at them for now...

That's encouraging. Still no word on my parcel. How did you keep at thrm? Through email?

Does anyone know if there's a way to get parcel motel to refuse a delivery or close down your parcel motel account so the parcel gets refused? I ordered online from a UK business 4 weeks ago, they didn't ship it or answer any emails about it so I emailed them on Monday to cancel the order and told them I'd since bought the item elsewhere (which I have). This morning I received a shipment notification email from them.

I don't want the item now, or to have to pay shipping to return it so is there a way to stop parcel motel accepting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Does anyone know if there's a way to get parcel motel to refuse a delivery or close down your parcel motel account so the parcel gets refused? I ordered online from a UK business 4 weeks ago, they didn't ship it or answer any emails about it so I emailed them on Monday to cancel the order and told them I'd since bought the item elsewhere (which I have). This morning I received a shipment notification email from them.

I don't want the item now, or to have to pay shipping to return it so is there a way to stop parcel motel accepting it?

I would say there is but you need to call them straight away even though you will he on hold for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 hitter44

Anybody facing delays right now? My parcel (oversized) is stuck in dublin with no updates, and I rang twice and the woman agreed it should be here and told me i should get confirmation soon, and assured me it was not lost. I'm just stuck checking every morning with 0 update and barely any response from email only from calls. It's just put as "CheckedIn"

Advertisement