Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Does anyone know what happens to your package if you leave it uncollected?

I have one coming in the next week or two, but it looks like I may have to leave the country unexpectedly before it arrives, and I wont be back for a while. it mentions that it does a second attempt to deliver to your parcel locker, but it doesn't say anything after that.

Assuming I cant get anyone to collect it, what happens to it, is it destroyed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Does anyone know what happens to your package if you leave it uncollected?

I have one coming in the next week or two, but it looks like I may have to leave the country unexpectedly before it arrives, and I wont be back for a while. it mentions that it does a second attempt to deliver to your parcel locker, but it doesn't say anything after that.

Assuming I cant get anyone to collect it, what happens to it, is it destroyed?

It goes back to depot and reprocessed after 48 hours and charged for again. I dont know how many times they do that though. Get a friend to pick it up if its the lockers, they need the phone number/pin.

dan786 wrote: »
    It goes back to depot and reprocessed after 48 hours and charged for again. I dont know how many times they do that though. Get a friend to pick it up if its the lockers, they need the phone number/pin.

What happens if I have no more credit in the account after they process it once or twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

I dont know how many times they do that though.

It's three AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

What happens if I have no more credit in the account after they process it once or twice?

You really seem to be making a huge deal out of something so simple.

Leave your number with someone local you trust & forward the pin when you receive it if you are still away, job done.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Leave your number with someone local you trust & forward the pin when you receive it if you are still away, job done.

Or easier still, send them the QR code.

You're right, I'm just asking because I don't have anyone local that could collect it for me. I could probably reroute it to another locker near to one of my friends.

But if my friend decides its too much hassle, then I'm just asking in that hypothetical sitation what they do with the package

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Recently used addresspal. Painless compared with parcelmotel. Got plenty of emails/texts keeping me updated. Got the item delivered directly to my home instead for not much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Anyone seen this, I've a item I got on eBay but the seller can't get anyone to take it as it's going to Parcel Motel, I tried dpd and if I put in the PM post code it says no service, if I pick some random post code in the north it works,

He tried Hermes and DHL and both would not accept the order??

I've been getting items ok up to now.

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

eiei0 wrote: »
    Anyone seen this, I've a item I got on eBay but the seller can't get anyone to take it as it's going to Parcel Motel, I tried dpd and if I put in the PM post code it says no service, if I pick some random post code in the north it works,

Thanks

Use Parcel Wizard?

• Advertisement

eiei0 wrote: »

Thanks

I tried creating a shipment to PM (BT364PE) with Hermes there. It seemed to work fine. The PM address was even suggested.

I tried DPD as well, that wouldn't work for any postcode, even within Britain so it's probably just their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭cromelex

Anyone with issues collecting from Parcelmotel this morning?

Just tried to collect a laptop I was waiting for, and the machine keeps saying PIN / QR code invalid.

Tried calling them with no luck.

However found the following in their support page:

Tuesday 18/11/2020 9AM

Please be advised some customers have reported issues when trying to collect with a pin code received this morning, our IT team are currently investigating this issue and will have this resolved as quickly as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for you patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Seller got it working so must have been a glitch last night, I'm sure DPD are blocking PM so people use PW,

I wonder how Brexit will affect these services,

Thanks

Almost 3 weeks, they lost a €1500 item on me, silence. I emailed them again today and told them I had recordings of a calls where I was promised I will be contacted in 2-3 days but never was.

Got a email from manager straighy away that she will get it resolved this week.

Looks like they have also stopped their support on twitter and facebook now. So looks like its going downhill. With brexit I wouldnt be surprised if its shut altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Walked past Tesco roselawn a short while ago and spotted a new parcel motel depot at the trolley bays

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

If it's this bad now what's it going to be like after black Friday? Have to say PM have always delivered for me, even the odd over-sized parcel without any bother. Anything that is sold 'free UK postage' we're still on a winner with PM IMHO.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

46 Long wrote: »
    Something is definitely up with them. I've been using Parcel Motel for years without any issues but they've lost my last two orders in a row. Got a refund for the first but it took multiple emails over the course of a month.

So i am not alone these days ? Went to collect a parcel the other day, got it home and copped it was not my parcel at all. It was for a guy with the same surname as me. Emailed PM first, waste of time, no answer. Been trying to ring them the past few days, not a hope of getting through it seems.

Then today i went to collect another parcel. "Either my phone number or pin is wrong", ehhhh nope i had both in my hand.

So when i get this sorted i am finished with them. Typical Irish company, things get busy and they fall apart like a Chinese moped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

They've started randomly sending my parcels to another collection point about 2 miles away. Although I appreciate their problem solving during a busy period, this would not be good if I were elderly for example, so I'd rather they gave notice of this practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

floorpie wrote: »
    They've started randomly sending my parcels to another collection point about 2 miles away. Although I appreciate their problem solving during a busy period, this would not be good if I were elderly for example, so I'd rather they gave notice of this practice.

They did that to me during the lockdown. So i went online and changed it back to the one a few hundred yards away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

tudderone wrote: »
    They did that to me during the lockdown. So i went online and changed it back to the one a few hundred yards away.

You're right, they had changed it online, thanks. Except, to a different one from the previous two, 2 miles in the other direction :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭uli84

Now they have increased the prices, hope the others will NOT follow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I just got a parcel motel notification to collect a parcel from a different locker location. It's only a couple of miles away, so that's grand. They must be starting to use nearby locker locations if your preferred one is full.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 meepp

How is their turn around on missing packages these days?

Hermes delivered a package Last Wednesday, after several days, didn't hear a thing.

So i put the tracking number into their parcel finder, nothing came up.

In the past, if there was a parcel with no pm number on it, it would be matched fairly quickly using this method?

I got a ticket number, but that was three days ago and the automated reply says please allow three days.

It's an xmas presewnt for my 9YO niece, i'm a bit worried someone has lifted it.

It was one of those scenarios where a kid wants something for Xmas that is long since discontinued. It's not going to be easy to replace.

Bit frustrated.

Almost 3 weeks, they lost a €1500 item on me, silence. I emailed them again today and told them I had recordings of a calls where I was promised I will be contacted in 2-3 days but never was.

Got a email from manager straighy away that she will get it resolved this week.

Looks like they have also stopped their support on twitter and facebook now. So looks like its going downhill. With brexit I wouldnt be surprised if its shut altogether.

Finally the said its lost and asked me for Paypal details to refund the 1500. Thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

I’ve collected a good few things from Parcel Motel and have never once had any problems. Fantastic service all round! Great to use if you know no one will be home to collect for a delivery. I might just be one of the lucky ones!!

Finally the said its lost and asked me for Paypal details to refund the 1500. Thank god.

why PayPal?

Seve OB wrote: »
    why PayPal?

They have bank transfer option but Paypal is quickest and instant. Takes seconds. I can then send it straight to my linked account and its there the next day.

They have bank transfer option but Paypal is quickest and instant. Takes seconds. I can then send it straight to my linked account and its there the next day.

ah ok so you choose that
    do you not have to pay fees on paypal though?

Seve OB wrote: »
    ah ok so you choose that
    do you not have to pay fees on paypal though?

No, I get the full funds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Returned a parcel to Lifestyle Sports through Parcel Motel on Wednesday. I just have a PM cust sent and PM cust stored on the tracking. First time for using the return service so just wondering if they normally update as to when it has been returned to the store.

PM Cust Sent Sender created a label to use at the motel.
    PM Cust Stored Sender has stored the parcel in the motel.

Advertisement