Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

To give them their credit I had something arrive in NI Monday, checked in in Dublin Tuesday morning and in my locker by Tuesday lunchtime. In all my years using them I've never had service like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Caranica wrote: »
    To give them their credit I had something arrive in NI Monday, checked in in Dublin Tuesday morning and in my locker by Tuesday lunchtime. In all my years using them I've never had service like that.

Well done, you got lucky I’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

It's near to impossible from my experience. All you can do is log a support ticket through their website (it's a skin on the ZenDesk ticketing system many companies use). Then eventually, after a month they will reply by email.

I got a reply today, two weeks after my original ticket. Woeful stuff.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭VG31

Caranica wrote: »

That's pretty standard for me. Most of the time if it's delivered early enough in NI it's checked-in that evening in Dublin and stored between 2 and 4 am the next day. Otherwise it's the same but a day later.

VG31 wrote: »
    That's pretty standard for me. Most of the time if it's delivered early enough in NI it's checked-in that evening in Dublin and stored between 2 and 4 am the next day. Otherwise it's the same but a day later.

It’s standard practice when they’re not busy. But it’s like they can’t foresee what to do or handle themselves when they get busy. They just fall apart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

I buy a lot from Amazon using parcel motel.
    Up until recently all was well.
    They cannot locate two of my last orders despite Amazon confirming delivery to them .

Any reliable way of using Amazon to get items delivered here ?
    Near an hour on phone to get through to make an enquiry . Seems unreasonable... no reply from email ... it’s a no win situation...
    anyone know is there a claim procedure with parcel motel , or do you just suffer the loss ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

They cannot locate two of my last orders despite Amazon confirming delivery to them .

Near an hour on phone to get through to make an enquiry . Seems unreasonable... no reply from email ... it’s a no win situation...
    anyone know is there a claim procedure with parcel motel , or do you just suffer the loss ?

https://parcelmotel.com/terms/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

DPD parcel wizard or Address Pal both very good, using mostly AP but DPD for drink or large items.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Time limit of 14 days from when you become aware of item being mislaid and also check their list of prohibited items, I would presume if your missing items are on this list, then no re imbursement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Two Christmases ago I ordered a couple of board games from amazon and they went missing despite amazon claiming they were delivered. I even drove to the courier's depot. They apparently spent an hour looking for it while I waited. It wasn't there and I had no recourse because it was down as delivered. Now I would pursue that relentlessly until I got satisfaction but I wasn't aware of my consumer rights back then so some delivery driver got fifty quid off their Christmas presents.

• Advertisement

august12 wrote: »
    Time limit of 14 days from when you become aware of item being mislaid and also check their list of prohibited items, I would presume if your missing items are on this list, then no re imbursement.

Thank you , one is 6 pack of toothpaste ! 50 quid and another Arsenal annual ... 10 euro ...they are aware as I emailed them and they say they are looking .... not much point in emailing claim as they don’t reply , so registered post I suppose thanks

Truckermal wrote: »
    DPD parcel wizard or Address Pal both very good, using mostly AP but DPD for drink or large items.

Might try address pal it’s lockers I think and run by an post ?

s1ippy wrote: »
    Two Christmases ago I ordered a couple of board games from amazon and they went missing despite amazon claiming they were delivered. I even drove to the courier's depot. They apparently spent an hour looking for it while I waited. It wasn't there and I had no recourse because it was down as delivered. Now I would pursue that relentlessly until I got satisfaction but I wasn't aware of my consumer rights back then so some delivery driver got fifty quid off their Christmas presents.

What does this mean “

some delivery driver got fifty quid off their Christmas presents.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Might try address pal it’s lockers I think and run by an post ?

Yes but you have the option of getting it delivered with your normal post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Took me 7 minutes and 15 minutes to get through, not terrible really - although all they did was tell me there was a massive delay on Royal Mail stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Took me 7 minutes and 15 minutes to get through, not terrible really - although all they did was tell me there was a massive delay on Royal Mail stuff.

I'd agree with that, have a parcel posted from Derby on 2nd Nov, reached PM yesterday morning, still no email or text. You need to allow up to 2 weeks for something to arrive now. Christmas rush is early this year. I think people are trying to get as much in before brexit. Might pay a lad to lease a white transit van for two months.

Edit Got the email, 2 weeks from paying for it to picking it up.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

8.19 Tuesday morning delivered to Newtownabbey only showed up an hour ago on their system. Gonna try and avoid them over Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 abcCORK87

Whats current ETA when you use parcel motel inside Ireland?

I bought something on adverts and waiting for it to arrive at my parcelmotel. Tracking is pretty bad as it says that its in depo since day when it was collected from sender parcel motel.

It's pure chaos out with all courier companies, the only one that seams to work fine is an post. I'm running small online shop and usually it was taking 24-48h to deliver with any of courier companies. Now its usually 5-7 days sometimes up to 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

abcCORK87 wrote: »
    It's pure chaos out with all courier companies, the only one that seams to work fine is an post.

Ronan Collins on RTE Radio1 (Mon-Fri, 12 noon-1) today said that his postal requests are now taking several days to arrive because he's getting (snail) mail for birthdays and anniversaries which are arriving too late to be read out on the actual date. He then read a request which arrived on a postcard for someone who's birthday was on the 9th - three days ago.

Meaning that An Post is creaking under the pressure as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 abcCORK87

I think they are focusing on retail shipents and mail is less priority for them.

Got delivery from smiths next day after it was shipped. But might be just a luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Wish I'd read this thread a few days ago!

First courier says package delivered to Parcel Motel on Tuesday but still not logged.

Has this happened to anyone? Could it be a backlog or have they lost it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Wish I'd read this thread a few days ago!

First courier says package delivered to Parcel Motel on Tuesday but still not logged.

Has this happened to anyone? Could it be a backlog or have they lost it?

There is not backlog at the moment getting them to Dublin, just a back log with lockers being full so should still show up on account.

I had parcel delivered this morning which are already checked in and one that were yesterday were stored in lockers last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Was going to start a new thread, but this is good enough I reckon.

Ordered 3 PC parts from Amazon, couldn't get them from someone to deliver directly to me, so used PM. Set up the account, and selected home delivery, lodged €24 into the account*. First 2 parcels arrived and were delivered, I had to cancel the third after 2 weeks as it hadn't even dispatched.

When I got the parts, one of them was a motherboard. The seller didn't put it in an Amazon box, instead just sent it as if you'd walk in and buy it from the shop. When I noticed it was "delivered" (left behind a flower pot, no call), I saw damage to the box, and when I opened it there was damage to the plastic wrapping around the MB (where it was obviously left with something digging into it for a while). The MB looked alright, but because of the delay on my 3rd item I couldn't check until all 3 were received (RAM and CPU, need all 3 together because the RAM and CPU wouldn't work on the old MB anyway). Put it all together, and nothing. DOA as I thought.

Went to arrange to return to seller, but never used PM before so not sure how that would work. Saw PM do a return option, and it was at that stage I notice they take a picture of your item before they send it for delivery. No damage when they received it, so plain as day they damaged it in transport. It's a £87 item.

They are point blank refusing to refund/resolve the issue, saying the seller didn't package it properly. Twice they have avoided my question of how it can get from the UK to Antrim (most likely via airmail) with no damage, and it was damaged by the time it got to me. The case is still with them, but this is ongoing since the end of September, and it took them 1 week to reply initially, and 3 more weeks (and 2 emails) before they replied again.

Just to give a heads up to anyone else thinking of using them. Don't, use Parcel Wizard instead. I've no idea what they're like, but for a company as big as PM/Nightline to refuse to refund literal change to them in the middle of one of their busiest times ever, it's just not acceptable, especially when they provided their own proof that it was damaged by them. I will never use them again, nor will I use anything that uses Nightline if possible.

Edit: *This was done after the first one arrived in PM, now that I recall.

What’s this thing about lodging money into your account with them? I have my card linked to my account and it’s strictly pay as you go/use. Am I missing something here?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What’s this thing about lodging money into your account with them? I have my card linked to my account and it’s strictly pay as you go/use. Am I missing something here?

I used Paypal and I wasn't sure on how it worked, just saw you could lodge and as at the time I was getting 3 items delivered, I lodged 3x€8. Don't like having my card on sites I rarely use. I got a message when the first item got to PM asking me to lodge money iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

They are point blank refusing to refund/resolve the issue, saying the seller didn't package it properly. Twice they have avoided my question of how it can get from the UK to Antrim (most likely via airmail) with no damage, and it was damaged by the time it got to me. The case is still with them, but this is ongoing since the end of September, and it took them 1 week to reply initially, and 3 more weeks (and 2 emails) before they replied again.

Just to give a heads up to anyone else thinking of using them. Don't, use Parcel Wizard instead. I've no idea what they're like, but for a company as big as PM/Nightline to refuse to refund literal change to them in the middle of one of their busiest times ever, it's just not acceptable, especially when they provided their own proof that it was damaged by them. I will never use them again, nor will I use anything that uses Nightline if possible.

Edit: *This was done after the first one arrived in PM, now that I recall.

For a seller to send a box like that without extra cushioning is asking for damage. I'd be siding with PM on this one - how do you know the damage didn't happen before it got to PM?

silver2020 wrote: »
    For a seller to send a box like that without extra cushioning is asking for damage. I'd be siding with PM on this one - how do you know the damage didn't happen before it got to PM?

I agree it shouldn't have been sent like that, but it got from the UK to Ireland with no visible damage. The box was in perfect condition when they got it, and now there's a huge imprint in the box where it was wedged into something. And I can't contact the seller, because the return window is gone because of PM's slow ass response. It's clear as day in the pictures.

Edit: Their response was basically saying that they don't care how they handle items.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Beware of parcel2go!!!

Big relief, figured out what was going on so gonna post it here in case anyone else has a similar problem.

I ordered from eBay and the delivery details said it was sent by "parcel2go" and provided a parcel2go tracking number. I entered these details into Parcel Motel yesterday and nothing came up.

Anyway, I poked around a bit more tonight and went to parcel2go's website only to discover that they're not actually a delivery company themselves but rather a facilitator. When I put the tracking number into the parcel2go website it gave me the actual delivery company and their (different) tracking number. As soon as I added the new details into Parcel Motel my package matched to my account.

I hope if anyone else has a similar problem this will help them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I agree it shouldn't have been sent like that, but it got from the UK to Ireland with no visible damage. The box was in perfect condition when they got it, and now there's a huge imprint in the box where it was wedged into something. And I can't contact the seller, because the return window is gone because of PM's slow ass response. It's clear as day in the pictures.

Edit: Their response was basically saying that they don't care how they handle items.

It .still wasn't packaged properly to make the full journey. The seller is at fault. If may have been fine while PM had it but it's poor packaging meant it got damaged during normal handling.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Due to the nature of the beast, parcels need to be packed properly. You can get hundreds of parcels stacked on top of each other at every stage of the journey. The same thing could easily happen with any courier company.

Advertisement