Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGregor brawl in Dublin Pub (allegedly).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I'd expect anyone up in court to be in a suit, tbh.

I'm no fan of McGregor but I don't see why anyone should "respect" the Irish courts because they are corrupt as f**k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I'd expect anyone up in court to be in a suit, tbh.

I neglected to pay a parking fine in 2008 and found myself in court in Swords. Thinking like you, I wore my best suit.

EVERYONE else rocked up in a trackie and runners. I felt so out of place. These folk were all up for relatively minor offences, many of them traffic related. So much as I'd have thought like you, it doesn't appear that common.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I think I'd prefer him if his name was McGrogor.

Conor McGroooooooogggggggooor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Monokne wrote: »
    I neglected to pay a parking fine in 2008 and found myself in court in Swords. Thinking like you, I wore my best suit.

EVERYONE else rocked up in a trackie and runners. I felt so out of place. These folk were all up for relatively minor offences, many of them traffic related. So much as I'd have thought like you, it doesn't appear that common.

There is SOME limit to that informality.

Last weeks Liffey Champion newspaper had a story of one gentleman who was unable to enter Kilcock District court because he had shat himself in the back of the garda van outside.

How unfortunate. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Calls to mind the old joke.....what do you call a crumlin man in a suit?
    - the defendant.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I guess it depends how often you are in court , like you most people are not regular attendees ie not criminals.

this aint McGregors first time in court for driving offences

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

There is SOME limit to that informality.

Last weeks Liffey Champion newspaper had a story of one gentleman who was unable to enter Kilcock District court because he had shat himself in the back of the garda van outside.

How unfortunate. :cool:

Did he **** his pants or his trousers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    - the defendant.

Actually iv lifted the paper and Im having a second closer read here and I apologise, I am wrong in some details.

He didnt shat himself, he shat all over the inside of the van.

Judge: "Where is he now?"

Counsel: "Still in the van judge"

Judge: "Would you like to go and consult with your client out there?"

Counsel: "Absolutely not judge" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Wasn't taking the piss out of yourself, fair play to you for calling him out, not sure why someone would go to the bother of fabricating a tweet.

Why are people bothering sending on BS messages about a rich sportsman being under threat and fleeing the country? Why are people like you so interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

There is something going on with him lately, he seems to be losing grip a bit. Not sure if the baby mama story from that girl in Liverpool is true, she claims she is due his baby next month. You wouldn't know what to believe. I hope none of it is true for his girlfriend's sake as she comes across as a lovely, sensible woman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

cant handle the fortune

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

He is in his bollocks worth €140m; I reckon it's less than half that, probably about the 50 mark. He had about 20 prior to the Mayweather fight, for which the figure of a $100m purse was exaggerated. Let's say (generously) he got $80m for that, take away taxes, currency conversion, training and other overheads and it starts to reduce quickly.
    The good news is he spends it like someone worth many times what he actually has and has peaked in his earning potential already; my guess is we'll be seeing him in bankruptcy about 2025.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

sabat wrote: »
    He is in his bollocks worth €140m; I reckon it's less than half that, probably about the 50 mark. He had about 20 prior to the Mayweather fight, for which the figure of a $100m purse was exaggerated. Let's say (generously) he got $80m for that, take away taxes, currency conversion, training and other overheads and it starts to reduce quickly.
    The good news is he spends it like someone worth many times what he actually has and has peaked in his earning potential already; my guess is we'll be seeing him in bankruptcy about 2025.

Hope u have enough toilet roll to wipe up after that ****e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

kona wrote: »
    Hope u have enough toilet roll to wipe up after that ****e.

I had a quick Google and it turns out I was massively overestimating his purse:

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/news/mayweather-vs-mcgregor-fight-purse-the-money-each-fighter-will-bring-home/

Remember, this is a $ figure from which 40% income tax and his overheads must be deducted. He might have got a few million from sponsors but they'll be looking for a way out of those contracts (which almost certainly contain clauses on personal behaviour) following his stunts over the last few weeks. Like I said, he's on collision course for bankruptcy if he doesn't get his sh1t together fast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

sabat wrote:
    He is in his bollocks worth €140m; I reckon it's less than half that, probably about the 50 mark. He had about 20 prior to the Mayweather fight, for which the figure of a $100m purse was exaggerated. Let's say (generously) he got $80m for that, take away taxes, currency conversion, training and other overheads and it starts to reduce quickly. The good news is he spends it like someone worth many times what he actually has and has peaked in his earning potential already; my guess is we'll be seeing him in bankruptcy about 2025.

It's good news that someone is going to be bankrupt?

Why is that?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/news/mayweather-vs-mcgregor-fight-purse-the-money-each-fighter-will-bring-home/

Remember, this is a $ figure from which 40% income tax and his overheads must be deducted. He might have got a few million from sponsors but they'll be looking for a way out of those contracts (which almost certainly contain clauses on personal behaviour) following his stunts over the last few weeks. Like I said, he's on collision course for bankruptcy if he doesn't get his sh1t together fast.

Don’t forget he fought mayweather when he was under contract with UFC so they got a big % of his purse for allowing him to fight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

McConor is a dirty ****ing rancid knacker. I hope he decides not have any more children. There are enough hooded scumbags around Dublin causing trouble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    - the defendant.

Old joke is right.

Last time i heard it McGregor was burping up his milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,313 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

McConor is a dirty ****ing rancid knacker. I hope he decides not have any more children. There are enough hooded scumbags around Dublin causing trouble.

Nailing your colours to the mast there anyways! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brainfreeze

Your own article even states that's the bare minimum purse. He got a bare minimum of 30 million to show up, the real money is in the PPV.

In 2016, for the Nate Diaz 2 fight, and then the Alvarez fight, both combined made him $27 million. Yet his purse was only $3 million. It's all about the PPV. You can't just look at the purse, the purse means nothing in comparison. He's earning far more than you estimated.

You may want him to be broke, but he's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Do you really think his kid is going to grow up and be a hooded scumbag, hanging around Dublin causing trouble? His kid will live a lavish lifestyle until (or if) the day comes when his da has blown all his money. Private schooling I'll bet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Jaysus, some of the stuff here is shocking.

He has been talked about in the media as being associated to gangs for god knows how long.
    He has a run in with gang type people and blows up in the media.
    There are stories of him fleeing the country and bounties on his head.
    He appears in court and assumes the persona outside the court of the most known gangster in Ireland who has had movies made about him. I'm suprised that he wasn't wearing a mickey mouse t-shirt.

He's a young man, filthy rich and taking the p*ss out of the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

He gets paid every time he wears someones watch, wears someones suit or drives someones car. He's got his own promotion company now unlike every other UFC fighter, he'll continue to make money long after he's retired He's smarter than 90% of people on this thread thinking he'll go bankrupt.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

He gets paid every time he wears someones watch, wears someones suit or drives someones car. He's got his own promotion company now unlike every other UFC fighter, he'll continue to make money long after he's retired He's smarter than 90% of people on this thread thinking he'll go bankrupt.

Well, given that he was posting his tracksuit and runners on instagram as well hashtagging the company, you know he made more money while in court than the actual fine issued.
    And playing up to the media has the huge logo plastered all over news, gossip sites, parody sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Gijoseph

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Jaysus, some of the stuff here is shocking.

He has been talked about in the media as being associated to gangs for god knows how long.
    He has a run in with gang type people and blows up in the media.
    There are stories of him fleeing the country and bounties on his head.
    He appears in court and assumes the persona outside the court of the most known gangster in Ireland who has had movies made about him. I'm suprised that he wasn't wearing a mickey mouse t-shirt.

He's a young man, filthy rich and taking the p*ss out of the media.

Bingo.

The same people that fall for this crap are the same people that enjoy gogglebox and the kardashians. Ie morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Because he's offensive...

When did we cross this line? It feels like it wasn't too long ago when being a cokehead, loudmouthed, classless, sexist, chav toerag was an undesirable label... when did it become 'fashionable' within a certain section of society?

Years ago, drug users and drug dealers hid in the shadows and were despised. Now, they hide in plain sight and - worst of all - people idolise them...

Sad...

I have nothing personally against McGregor. He is what he is. A product of his environment. In a way I admire the way he has turned absolutely nothing into millions of euro... the people who made that so easy for him, however, need to take a look at themselves... the saddest case of the Emperor Having No Clothes there has been in quite some time...
    Who are you referring to who made it easy for him? I don't know much about him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

MysticMonk wrote: »
    Have you ever been on the M50 or the M1?

I could be bowling along at that sort of speed and get overtaken by a crazed nordy (usually) going considerably faster.

If you are doing a ton (in old money or mph) on the M50 or M1, then you should be taken off the road and your nordy friend!!

Not that I doubt you may be capable of driving at speed but these roads are public spaces - you're sharing them with drivers of widely differing abilities. And you have a duty of care to take their safety into account if you or they do something unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

BarryD2 wrote: »
    If you are doing a ton (in old money or mph) on the M50 or M1, then you should be taken off the road and your nordy friend!!

Not that I doubt you may be capable of driving at speed but these roads are public spaces - you're sharing them with drivers of widely differing abilities. And you have a duty of care to take their safety into account if you or they do something unpredictable.

I agree completely but the car he is driving wouldn't take half a second to get from the speed limit up to 100mph. I would be guilty of opening up the bike on an empty stretch of motorway so I can't really judge him for the speeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

givyjoe wrote: »
    Do you really think his kid is going to grow up and be a hooded scumbag, hanging around Dublin causing trouble? His kid will live a lavish lifestyle until (or if) the day comes when his da has blown all his money. Private schooling I'll bet.

His kid will probably go to the best schools and speak with a D4 accent:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Well, given that he was posting his tracksuit and runners on instagram as well hashtagging the company, you know he made more money while in court than the actual fine issued.
    And playing up to the media has the huge logo plastered all over news, gossip sites, parody sites.
    If i wore tracksuits that clown would put me off the brand he wore

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement