Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonskeagh Mosque - Homeless

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

dreamliner wrote: »
    quintana76 wrote: »
    511 wrote: »
    Of course. A religion is a cult that became mainstream.

Absolutely true. Islam still seems to have held on to it's cultish antecedents far more than others. Despite appearances to the contrary there still seems to be a deep insecurity as manifested for example in the death sentence for leaving the religion.

Not sure about that, the view of Muslims I've spoken to of people who leave the faith (which is actually an extremely minute number even in the west) is that they pity them. Not much anger but rather pity ... obviously most religions teach the same thing about our fate if we follow a different path in life ... an understandable reaction therefore.

It's also possible they're lying to you. Apostates are killed around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

dreamliner wrote: »
    Not sure about that, the view of Muslims I've spoken to of people who leave the faith (which is actually an extremely minute number even in the west) is that they pity them. Not much anger but rather pity ... obviously most religions teach the same thing about our fate if we follow a different path in life ... an understandable reaction therefore.

Apostates are condemned to death in Islamic scripture
    Could you answer the questions I asked you #237?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Help!!!! wrote: »
    The support that's being provided is called " Cold Weather Initiative " specifically for rough sleepers.
    It activates when there's a cold snap or drop in temperature.
    Most charities or groups involved with homeless individuals activate a few beds.
    The individual presents at a late hour and leaves early in the morning with food and a crash mat bring provided.
    I've worked quite a bit with rough sleepers most are barely able to eat and just want to sleep.

How on earth you'd convert or recruit them is beyond me .

Same as any other cult

How in the space of a night or two would you convert a homeless roughsleeper possibly suffering from mental ill health and addiction to Muslim fundamentalist?

How in the space of a night or two would you convert a homeless roughsleeper possibly suffering from mental ill health and addiction to Muslim fundamentalist?

Because they will encourage them to come back, they will go down to the homeless areas etc Its not that hard to do:rolleyes:

Because they will encourage them to come back, they will go down to the homeless areas etc Its not that hard to do:rolleyes:

Any idea what's involved in treating addiction for a homeless person ?

• Advertisement

Yes I do actually. Not all on the streets are addicts though
    Have you ever seen someone who was a really nice person get radicalised?

I know that , so tell us about a detox ?

I know that , so tell us about a detox ?

You know what?

Yes I do actually. Not all on the streets are addicts though
    Have you ever seen someone who was a really nice person get radicalised?

No .

I know all homeless people aren't addicts.

• Advertisement

No .

It depends on what addiction the person has & how strong dependency they have on it, family issues with addiction

So lets say heroin
    Withdrawal can last up to several months, The person is better going cold turkey, methadone is usually used but it is actually worse for the person. They would be better off smoking cannabis
    Along with abstaining from using the person would usually go see a psychiatrist or similar to work over any underlying problems

I was addicted for many years, it did not put me on the streets but I do have depression now, which is why I'd like to see Marijuana legalised in Ireland

No .

It depends on what addiction the person has & how strong dependency they have on it, family issues with addiction

So lets say heroin
    Withdrawal can last up to several months, The person is better going cold turkey, methadone is usually used but it is actually worse for the person. They would be better off smoking cannabis
    Along with abstaining from using the person would usually go see a psychiatrist or similar to work over any underlying problems

I was addicted for many years, it did not put me on the streets but I do have depression now, which is why I'd like to see Marijuana legalised in Ireland

Addicted to heroin ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

quintana76 wrote: »
    Absolutely true. Islam still seems to have held on to it's cultish antecedents far more than others. Despite appearances to the contrary there still seems to be a deep insecurity as manifested for example in the death sentence for leaving the religion.

Islam exists for one reason only..and that is to further spread islam til it becomes the dominant religion on earth..it's the final act in the faith..either convert the "unbelievers",kill them or charge them a heavy tax (jizya).

All based on the hate-filled ramblings of an illiterate peadophile,anti-semite and murderer.

Addicted to heroin ?

No drugs in general, cocaine,ecstasy, speed, acid,ketamine . Tried heroin & crack but only once.
    An addict will always be an addict & doctors/pyschologists will never understand truly what its like unless they have done drugs themselves
    But thats another story:)

Odhinn wrote: »
    came from irish catholicism, which is one of its few positives.

That and the fact there is no penalty for apostacy....nor does it allow grown men to have sex with 9 year old children as the koran does...nor does it state that people who arent catholics are subhumans to be enslaved...nor does it regard women as being mere chattels of the men...nor does it kill homosexuals.

You have of course the right to leave if it doesnt suit you..you won't be beheaded.

MysticMonk wrote: »
    That and the fact there is no penalty for apostacy....nor does is allow grown men to have sex with 9 year old children as the koran does...nor does it state that people who arent catholics are subhumans to be enslaved...nor does it regard women as being mere chattels of the men.

But Islam gave women the vote before any other religion :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Islam exists for one reason only..and that is to further spread islam til it becomes the dominant religion on earth..it's the final act in the faith..either convert the "unbelievers",kill them or charge them a heavy tax (jizya).

All based on the hate-filled ramblings of an illiterate peadophile,anti-semite and murderer.

so no different to all the other religions then. well, apart from the last sentence maybe.
    That and the fact there is no penalty for apostacy....nor does it allow grown men to have sex with 9 year old children as the koran does...nor does it state that people who arent catholics are subhumans to be enslaved...nor does it regard women as being mere chattels of the men...nor does it kill homosexuals.

You have of course the right to leave if it doesnt suit you..you won't be beheaded.

which verse in the koran allows grown men to have sex with 9 year old children?

can you quote it for me?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Addicted to heroin ?

No drugs in general, cocaine,ecstasy, speed, acid,ketamine . Tried heroin & crack but only once.
    An addict will always be an addict & doctors/pyschologists will never understand truly what its like unless they have done drugs themselves
    But thats another story:)

So no practical knowledge whatsoever about heroin addiction and treatment other than what you read in the last half hour and then run it alongside your own recreational drug use to give it a comparison.

so no different to all the other religions then. well, apart from the last sentence maybe.

can you quote it for me?

Here ya go:D

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Pedophilia_in_the_Qur%27an#Analysis_of_Verse_in_Arabic

So no practical knowledge whatsoever about heroin addiction and treatment other than what you read in the last half hour and then run it alongside your own recreational drug use to give it a comparison.

Not everyone on the streets are addicted to heroin & to make out that they are is idiotic.
    I dont care if you believe anything that I say the same way as I dont have to believe anything you are trying to say.
    I have had friends that were heroin users. Sorry I didn't like it or get addicted to it so we could talk about how great you are helping people.
    Anyway this is not about drugs or addiction its about Clonskeagh Mosque

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Day 2 -Another day, another hate site.

can you quote it for me?

Here ya go:D

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Pedophilia_in_the_Qur%27an#Analysis_of_Verse_in_Arabic

The threads about Clonskeagh not the Koran.

The threads about Clonskeagh not the Koran.

Touche

Not everyone on the streets are addicted to heroin & to make out that they are is idiotic.
    I dont care if you believe anything that I say the same way as I dont have to believe anything you are trying to say.
    I have had friends that were heroin users. Sorry I didn't like it or get addicted to it so we could talk about how great you are helping people.
    Anyway this is not about drugs or addiction its about Clonskeagh Mosque

Not only do I not believe a word out of your mouth , I believe you haven't a clue what your talking about.

can you quote it for me?

Sahih Muslim (8:3309) - Muhammad consummated his marriage to Aisha when she was only nine. (See also Sahih Bukhari 58:234 and many other places). No where in the reliable Hadith or Sira is there any other age given. Other references are Sahih Bukhari 3896, 5158 and 3311.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Sahih Muslim (8:3309) - Muhammad consummated his marriage to Aisha when she was only nine. (See also Sahih Bukhari 58:234 and many other places). No where in the reliable Hadith or Sira is there any other age given. Other references are Sahih Bukhari 3896, 5158 and 3311.

I see your choice of sources hasn't improved any.

Not only do I not believe a word out of your mouth , I believe you haven't a clue what your talking about.

I could not care. For someone that supposedly works with religion, homeless, addicts you seen very tolerant:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

another bogey website. reading through a small subsection of it (before i decided i had enough) i saw nothing that condones, or allows for grown men to have sex with children.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Another line of wisdom;)

• Advertisement

This reminds me of you and your like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement