Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonskeagh Mosque - Homeless

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Any cinema tickets though

Wanker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

You would have to question the intelligence of any Irishman who follows the Islamic ideology in the first place. As you allude to, it is just propaganda.

Alot of these individuals would be effectively no hopers in life with substance and addiction problems, they were unable to maintain a roof over their head, alot would be suffering from low self-esteem and maybe depression also, they are ripe pickings for to convert to Radical Islam and exploit and radicalise until one day a terrorist or suicide bomber is created killing innocent people.

Mosques helping the people they hate and are opposed to isn't new but they are doing it to suit their own agenda. The Clonskeagh Mosque in particular should be heavily monitored by anti-terror Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Doltanian wrote: »
    Alot of these individuals would be effectively no hopers in life with substance and addiction problems, they were unable to maintain a roof over their head, alot would be suffering from low self-esteem and maybe depression also, they are ripe pickings for to convert to Radical Islam and exploit and radicalise until one day a terrorist or suicide bomber is created killing innocent people.

Mosques helping the people they hate and are opposed to isn't new but they are doing it to suit their own agenda. The Clonskeagh Mosque in particular should be heavily monitored by anti-terror Gardai.

My, my.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Chrongen wrote: »
    Well that won't be a difficult decision for the homeless who don't drink or for homeless children, will it?

The OP said they opened their doors for the cold snap. Are there children sleeping in Dublin streets? I don't think so. They are in hotel rooms and don't need any mosque.

Why is it politically incorrect to allude in any way to the reality that most homeless, certainly most of the ones on our streets, are there due to addiction issues.
    We don't live in Dickensian Britain remember. We live in a welfare state with rent allowance etc. They are homeless for reasons other than misfortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

You would have to question the intelligence of any Irishman who follows the Islamic ideology in the first place. As you allude to, it is just propaganda.

In relation to your first paragraph, I've worked quite a bit with "rough sleepers " , including ones in chaotic addiction and/or with mental ill health in homeless services and when they present for a bed most are so cold and exhausted they can barely eat let alone be radicalized .

As far as I know Clonskeagh and other organizations have opened up beds for the present cold snap ,two/three days according to forecasters and if you could radicalise someone in that time it really would be a miracle.

Keep up the good work , your posts are hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

No seats in the place, like fecking pilates class as Tommy Tiernan once remarked about Mosques

topper75 wrote: »
    The OP said they opened their doors for the cold snap. Are there children sleeping in Dublin streets? I don't think so. They are in hotel rooms and don't need any mosque.

Why is it politically incorrect to allude in any way to the reality that most homeless, certainly most of the ones on our streets, are there due to addiction issues.
    We don't live in Dickensian Britain remember. We live in a welfare state with rent allowance etc. They are homeless for reasons other than misfortune.

I'd class mental illness, drug and alcohol addiction as "misfortune" meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Wait until they rob the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ah right. They're helping the homeless because they want to convince them to blow themselves up.

No idea just what world you're living in but it must a really fcuking horrible place.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dreamliner

The only person displaying immaturity with sly name calling is you.

And by the By, you're no moderator, you dislike where a conversation is heading you're free to unfollow the thread.

My post annoyed you enough that you gave 2 separate replies to it?

I am entitled to express my opinion as much as you thank you very much, don't tell me to unfollow any thread.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

dreamliner wrote: »
    My post annoyed you enough that you gave 2 separate replies to it?

I am entitled to express my opinion as much as you thank you very much, don't tell me to unfollow any thread.

Says the guy who continuously asked for the thread on Ibrahim Halawa to be closed because it didn't suit you that people questioned his narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Would you ever give your arse a chance. What do you care if people become muslims? How is that any of your concern?

It is my concern because facts are a certain percentage of them will become fundamental - this is just stats - look it up!!

here - http://markhumphrys.com/polls.islam.html

Oh but wait this is the "racist bigot" Mark Humphrys so yeah must be bull**** right ? :rolleyes:

Ireland has just come out of the claws of the RCC, we don't need another
    misogynistic sect to spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dreamliner

This thread is serving no purpose, if anyone wants to discuss religion then I think they should go to the religion section and pick a fight there, this thread was meant to highlight a charitable act by our neighbours.

It is my concern because facts are a certain percentage of them will become fundamental - this is just stats - look it up!!

Oh but wait this is the "racist bigot" Mark Humphrys so yeah must be bull**** right ? :rolleyes:

No, its because he's a randomer with a blog.

The rest doesn't help, mind you.

Odhinn wrote: »
    No, its because he's a randomer with a blog.

The rest doesn't help, mind you.

He's not a randomer, he's very educated on the subject actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Ireland has just come out of the claws of the RCC, we don't need another
    misogynistic sect to spread.

The positive aspect is that for now,it is still about "concerns",particularly about the focusing on those who may be described as already marginalized.

Ireland has been spared the reality of dealing with Fundamentalism and Radicalization,with the "concerns" we speak of,being focused upon whether Ireland will derive any great benefit from following unquestioningly,the well trodden paths which the U.K. and many other Western countries have followed.

Ireland is somewhat unique,in still having a window of opportunity,within which it can seek to avoid the now better understood avenues,of recruiting and grooming potential radicals.

I guess the basic question is,do we remain confident that Ireland is still "different",and that our "Irishness",will continue to provide protection against elements of a belief structure which remains totally at varience to ours ?

Some interesting opinion in this article...

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/westminster-london-terror-attack-terrorist-khalid-masood-convert-muslim-islam-extremism-a7647626.html
    Lastly, we need to analyse the social standing of a convert. A non-Muslim who converts to Islam will likely find themselves marginalised, at least to some extent, from their family and friends when they decide to make this major change and declare a drastically different worldview. To add to this, the convert has chosen to partake in a religion that, for whatever reasons, is one of the most ostracised and controversial faiths in our world right now.

Consequently, the convert is now doubly marginalised from society. This, in turn, will lead the convert to involve themselves heavily in their new religion in order to establish a new and reformed social status with their adoptive community.

Conversion to any religion, let alone to one that is routinely labelled backward, is a testing journey and one that can leave a person feeling abandoned by all sides. While family and friends may shun them for making such a drastic change, the mainstream Muslim community may still see them as outsiders. In such a scenario, joining a small, intimate band of extremists, who are always on the hunt for recruits and wouldn’t turn anyone away, may appeal to the convert’s desire for belonging and membership.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

This thread is serving no purpose, if anyone wants to discuss religion then I think they should go to the religion section and pick a fight there, this thread was meant to highlight a charitable act by our neighbours.

Here he goes again. You are not a mod. Boards is a discussion site and you can't expect every thread that doesn't go your way to be locked.

I'm not at all sure what the thread "was meant to highlight" but it is currently providing a range of discussion topics,not all of which are "Picking Fights".

Suggesting to contributors that they go elsewhere,appears quite controlling in nature,and surely not something upon which to base a Thread Closure ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,215 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Here he goes again. You are not a mod. Boards is a discussion site and you can't expect every thread that doesn't go your way to be locked.
    AlekSmart wrote: »
    I'm not at all sure what the thread "was meant to highlight" but it is currently providing a range of discussion topics,not all of which are "Picking Fights".

Suggesting to contributors that they go elsewhere,appears quite controlling in nature,and surely not something upon which to base a Thread Closure ?

unsurprisingly it has turned into another bash muslims thread. even when they do something right they're wrong.

unsurprisingly it has turned into another bash muslims thread. even when they do something right they're wrong.

I would disagree that the thread has turned into anything of that nature.

From my own perspective,the entire area of Homelessness is one which has developed into exactly what you suggest,with the Islamic Centre's involvement simply adding a new dimension to the long running debate.

It also has to be borne in mind,that there are Muslims living rough in Ireland.
    Irelands popularity as a destination for immigration,has meant that many of our old stereotypes have now been rewritten,and "the homeless" is but one of those.

Would you prefer that discussions such as this do not take place in public ?

Is it that you do not like seeing or hearing a viewpoint,that does not concur with your own,or do you see it as something broader ?

• Advertisement

From my own perspective,the entire area of Homelessness is one which has developed into exactly what you suggest,with the Islamic Centre's involvement simply adding a new dimension to the long running debate.

It also has to be borne in mind,that there are Muslims living rough in Ireland.
    Irelands popularity as a destination for immigration,has meant that many of our old stereotypes have now been rewritten,and "the homeless" is but one of those.

Would you prefer that discussions such as this do not take place in public ?

Is it that you do not like seeing or hearing a viewpoint,that does not concur with your own,or do you see it as something broader ?

and the problem is the people that are assuming they are only doing this for nefarious purposes. they must have an agenda. they couldn't be doing this because it is the right thing to do. according to some it will lead to a wave of irish muslim converts that will wage jihad on the world. which is frankly bollix.

He's not a randomer, he's very educated on the subject actually.

He is a randomer - he's an IT teacher, in fact. You're using him as an appeal to authority when in you might as well be citing a poster from boards.

Yet you're one of the ones who is guaranteed to be trying to turn it into just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Here listen, this is at least the third time you've said a thread serves no purpose and basically looked to kill it. Each time before this, it's been on a Halawa related thread. Your options are a) report it or b) get off the thread. Your attempted shutting down of discussion is worrying.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Here listen, this is at least the third time you've said a thread serves no purpose and basically looked to kill it. Each time before this, it's been on a Halawa related thread. Your options are a) report it or b) get off the thread. Your attempted shutting down of discussion is worrying.

my irony meter has just exploded.

They'll blame the muslims for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Nice choice of words in an Islam thread... sh*t, now mine has too!

Problem here is, this poster only posts on Halawa/Islam/Catholicism threads and looks to have discussion killed when it doesn't go their way.

Odhinn wrote: »
    They'll blame the muslims for that too.

Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

January wrote: »
    Those damn Mus... oh wait.

Don't see the Catholic churches doing this, do we?

Remember this arsehole:

http://www.newsweek.com/joel-osteen-televangelist-whose-church-closed-during-hurricane-harvey-tells-659302

He's neither Catholic nor Irish so it's not entirely clear why you've made reference to him in this particular discussion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

January wrote: »
    Those damn Mus... oh wait.

Don't see the Catholic churches doing this, do we?

Remember this arsehole:

http://www.newsweek.com/joel-osteen-televangelist-whose-church-closed-during-hurricane-harvey-tells-659302

He's neither Catholic nor Irish so it's not entirely clear why you've made reference to him in this particular discussion

Oh I dunno , Joel's brand of Christianity would fit in perfectly in here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement