Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonskeagh Mosque - Homeless

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

dreamliner wrote: »
    The only person displaying immaturity with sly name calling is you.

And by the By, you're no moderator, you dislike where a conversation is heading you're free to unfollow the thread.

My post annoyed you enough that you gave 2 separate replies to it?.

It didn't annoy me, merely humored me I'm afraid, and nor did I tell you to unfollow the thread, it was merely a suggestion as you seemed quite anxious that it was not going the way you wished.

This thread is serving no purpose, if anyone wants to discuss religion then I think they should go to the religion section and pick a fight there, this thread was meant to highlight a charitable act by our neighbours.

Unfortunately the Islam section on boards was closed some time ago as it's adherents didn't like having to answer questions pertaining to homophobia and misogyny.

Now all we have is After Hours where there remains a small yet highly vocal sect who, much like yourself, do not like having difficult topics addressed. And once again, you are no moderator, do not tell people what they can or can't discuss.

Here he goes again. You are not a mod. Boards is a discussion site and you can't expect every thread that doesn't go your way to be locked.
    AlekSmart wrote: »
    I'm not at all sure what the thread "was meant to highlight" but it is currently providing a range of discussion topics,not all of which are "Picking Fights".

Suggesting to contributors that they go elsewhere,appears quite controlling in nature,and surely not something upon which to base a Thread Closure ?

unsurprisingly it has turned into another bash muslims thread. even when they do something right they're wrong.

It turned into a bash Catholics thread long before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

well done to this mosque for doing this.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It turned into a bash Catholics thread long before that.

that doesn't excuse the nonsense that was posted about the mosque using this to create fundamentalists. the difference is that when the anti-catholic posts were challenged that was the end of that. the anti-islam brigade like to shout about getting silenced whenever they are challenged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

That's me convinced anyway. All the beheadings, terrorist attacks, threats, bombings, repression, torture and general fundamentalist madness - all forgotten.
    A great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dreamliner

That's me convinced anyway. All the beheadings, terrorist attacks, threats, bombings, repression, torture and general fundamentalist madness - all forgotten.
    A great bunch of lads.

What a ridiculous post.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/muslims-are-the-victims-of-between-82-and-97-of-terrorism-related-fatalities-us-government/5516565

"In cases where the religious affiliation of terrorism casualties could be determined, Muslims suffered between 82 and 97% of terrorism-related fatalities over the past five years."

It makes absolutely no sense to call them terrorists and accuse them of the horrific things you mentioned when Muslims themselves are victims of the vast majority of the violence. The very clear reality is these people are just sick in the head and love death, if it wasn't Islam they'd be hiding behind another 'cause'. Nothing to do with Islamic teaching or beliefs. It is very clearly a few people who are intent on causing havoc across the world and they are hiding behind the veil of Islam. They are killing what is meant to be "their own", does that not cause any penny to drop?

We have just shy of 2 billion Muslims on this planet. Do you not think if they are really taught what you said in the above quote that we'd be all dead by now?

The truth is as clear as day ... unless you refuse to see it of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Chrongen wrote: »

I visited Lakewood when I lived in Houston and I am surprised that someone like Joel hasn't surfaced in Ireland. His brand of 'feel good' Christianity would thrive here. The people of Houston have given the Osteen family and Lakewood their just deserts for their handling of Harvey. I've looked at the attendances at some of their services of late and they are way down, thousands of empty seats. They did hold some bs concert a few weeks after Harvey in their church; a 17,000 all seater former NBA arena but the damage has been done. Many of the religions in Houston, Christians and Jewish for definite, made their facilities available to the public once the hurricane hit. They deserve credit for that.
    A great bunch of lads.

Are you talking about the wrongs that Muslims have be subjected to?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,416 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

quintana76 wrote: »
    After all that was revealed as a result of the Halawa affair they sure need the good PR.

It is a decent thing, helping the homeless but I do think also this is more for good PR for the Halawas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

What a ridiculous post.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/muslims-are-the-victims-of-between-82-and-97-of-terrorism-related-fatalities-us-government/5516565

"In cases where the religious affiliation of terrorism casualties could be determined, Muslims suffered between 82 and 97% of terrorism-related fatalities over the past five years."

It makes absolutely no sense to call them terrorists and accuse them of the horrific things you mentioned when Muslims themselves are victims of the vast majority of the violence. The very clear reality is these people are just sick in the head and love death, if it wasn't Islam they'd be hiding behind another 'cause'. Nothing to do with Islamic teaching or beliefs. It is very clearly a few people who are intent on causing havoc across the world and they are hiding behind the veil of Islam. They are killing what is meant to be "their own", does that not cause any penny to drop?

We have just shy of 2 billion Muslims on this planet. Do you not think if they are really taught what you said in the above quote that we'd be all dead by now?

The truth is as clear as day ... unless you refuse to see it of course.

Wow ! You should read the Koran.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dreamliner

Wow ! You should read the Koran.

I have.

I read it however attempting to understand it and the context that everything is in, the Bible is even more 'violent' if we're going to start taking verses completely out of their context.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I have.

I read it however attempting to understand it and the context that everything is in, the Bible is even more 'violent' if we're going to start taking verses completely out of their context.

The old testament is not taken seriously anymore, at least not in a serious threat to global peace.

Islam needs a reformation.

The old testament is not taken seriously anymore, at least not in a serious threat to global peace.

Islam needs a reformation.

well, it looks like it isn't going to get one, so no point crying about it.
    still doesn't change the fact that if all 2000000000 muslims were thought the same violent ideals the likes of isis teach and practice, then we'd all be dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

well, it looks like it isn't going to get one, so no point crying about it.
    still doesn't change the fact that if all 2000000000 muslims were thought the same violent ideals the likes of isis teach and practice, then we'd all be dead.

Says you.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

It is just a cheap publicity stunt. An attempt to improve their image after having being 'found out' as a result of the unwelcome publicity surrounding young Halawa's shenanigans.

Says you.

well, i would have thought it to be obvious that it was correct?
    It is just a cheap publicity stunt. An attempt to improve their image after having being 'found out' as a result of the unwelcome publicity surrounding young Halawa's shenanigans.

why, what were they "found out" about?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

well, i would have thought it to be obvious that it was correct?

why, what were they "found out" about?

You may have heard of the Muslim Brotherhood or do you only read what you want to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Berserker wrote: »
    Clonskeagh mosque have decided to open their doors to the homeless for the cold snap that is on it's way. A very decent and welcome gesture by them.

Clonskeagh mosque opens it's doors.

Just a way of recruiting members. Find those that are down & outs, mental health problems, family issues show them some compassion & slowly turn their heads to joining. Has been done many times by cults all around the world.
    I guess its better then how they recruit in Africa or Asia though

You may have heard of the Muslim Brotherhood or do you only read what you want to read.

i have heard of the muslim brotherhood yes
    what have they got to do with the clonskeagh mosque?

Well the have a Human Appeal clothes bank whose chief executive has links to Hamas
    Also
    Hussein Halawa, the imam of the Islamic Cultural Centre of Ireland, closely tied to the European Muslim Brotherhood

• Advertisement

Oh dear Lord!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7mQs_Da7L0

Watch and hopefully learn.

Oh dear Lord!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7mQs_Da7L0

Watch and hopefully learn.

Prime time were lying its not really connected yadayadaya:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Prime time were lying its not really connected yadayadaya:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Am actually waiting for that!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

It takes time...the genocide of christians in the middle east is almost complete.
    Once the population of muslims reaches a certain level(+10%) in any area then the forcing out of non-islamic inhabitants can begin in earnest..

http://barenakedislam.com/2016/07/27/four-stages-of-islamic-conquest-what-stage-has-your-country-reached-now/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Just a way of recruiting members. Find those that are down & outs, mental health problems, family issues show them some compassion & slowly turn their heads to joining. Has been done many times by cults all around the world.
    I guess its better then how they recruit in Africa or Asia though

Have you any evidence of this?

MysticMonk wrote: »
    It takes time...the genocide of christians in the middle east is almost complete.
    Once the population of muslims reaches a certain level(+10%) in any area then the forcing out of non-islamic inhabitants can begin in earnest..

http://barenakedislam.com/2016/07/27/four-stages-of-islamic-conquest-what-stage-has-your-country-reached-now/

Thanks for that informative and impartial website. Is there some Nordic symbol emblazoned newsletter I can sign up for?

Odhinn wrote: »
    Thanks for that informative and impartial website. Is there some Nordic symbol emblazoned newsletter I can sign up for?

Deflection. The left's favourite tool.

What deflection? It's a hate site. Do you want to ignore it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Odhinn wrote: »

I don't see why all websites have to be impartial..it's time the truth was told.

You can sign us for whatever newsletter you like..it's the nature of democracy..in a theocracy however you'd have to be careful with your opinions.

Any more questions?

• Advertisement

is it?

can it? really? 10% can force out 90%

great, another hate web site with makey uppy nonsense. that's all we need.

murdering democratically elected politicians, the right's favourite tool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement