Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options
1158159160161162164»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

The big race saturday is the Betfair hurdle at Newbury 3.15,25 runners chasing a big pot and Willie sending over a horse having his first run for the yard having raced in France.

This will take a bit of winning but there are a few clues if we look at previous winners.Horses from 11 stone 8 to 11 stone aged between 5 and 7 with good recent form have the edge.

Only a handful fit the stats and ALTOBELLI stands out for me,only around 8/1 but with 6 places on offer and the possibility of a bit of a drift in the morning this looks a decent ew bet and has the look of one put away for the race/

At the other end of the scale the 5.oc at Wol is a modest handicap for amateur riders and ENGLISH SPIRIT will be hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Zimmermania, I have a bit of word for KAMSINAS 33/1 in that 3.15 Newbury (F. O'Brien) and connections are very confident. I might back both e/w,

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭hudhastings

I'm going double jango 217 and curley from nger

My best bet for Cheltenham will run in the Coral or the Martin Pipe,a very solid ew in his chosen race.

Dodderiethegreat,trained by Nickie Henderson has been laid out for Cheltenham (as have most runners).

Ran on very well last time over 2 miles in the Greatwood and was a shade unlucky at Cheltenham before that,the extra distance will help now and I expect this one to be too good for the rest.

I will be trying to find one solid bet each day at Cheltenham and will not be backing any others (for decent stakes),though I will have a few small bets for an interest as I recover from having a stent fitted (getting out today).

The Irish as usual will be all the rage as no doubt we have the best horses again this year,but it is worth bearing in mind that there is not between us and the UK in the handicap races over the last 3 years,(14-13 to us).The Ultima 2.50 is a race that we seldom win but we can win it today with The Goffer,4th in this last year,leading at the furlong pole The Goffer is the days best bet for me and I expect Kennedy to come late and win,a solid ew bet with 6 places f ok r a 7 year old who we have not seen the best of yet.

• Advertisement

Used my time wisely (I hope) while being looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭CWMMC

Yea had a scan this morning,the stent is doing its job got a go back in 6 weeks, I am at home now thanks getting ready to watch Cheltenham,a guy rang me in the hospital and told me he had good word for Jps 2nd string Nara at 14 to1 in the 4.50 told him I did not fancy it and would not back it,he just said it is from a very good source.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭liamtech

Glad to hear you are doing well Zim! Enjoy the races - i put down a small EW on Nara which i had noticed previously but discounted - i figured the mention was worth a few sponds each way!

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Nice if Marie's rock could place I've always liked Henderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

These lads have had a decent start to the week

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭jack747

Wishing you a speedy recovery Zimmermania! You will be flying it in no time , rest up and enjoy the weeks racing!!

Feeling good,got my own back today my horse looked to be travelling so well but the heavy ground took its toll and there was nothing left but at least 5th meant we did not lose.

There is some talk that Hendersons horses are not quite right but I am still backing Dodderythegreat in the 2.50.I had this marked out as a very good bet for his chosen race so I will be on ew 6 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The 4.10 race has been cancelled due to waterlogged course.

Cheltenham can be tough,we have too many bets and the Books get away with a bigger margin than usual,but still we love it.

Backing two tomorrow,Joseph Obriens Nurburgring looks fully exposed and may well be a drifter tomorrow with punters looking for less exposed types,however Nurburgring looks to be a tough type and will be hard to pass imo and looks a good ew bet in the first at 1.30,4 or more places available.

My 2nd bet is Faivoir in the 2.10,this horse runs well at Cheltenham is trained by Dan Skelton who is in great form,one issue is the fact that he ran a blinder at Sandown 6 days ago and another issue is that Harry Skelton rides the fav for the same yard,if the race does not come too soon Faivoir has a very chance and i will risk backing him at 10s or better 6 places.

Thanks,feeling very well now,was in town yesterday and popped into a PP shop and done a couple of bets and they proved to be a bit of a tonic so have a little bank for the start of the flat that I much prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jamieon

Backed another Mc Manus donkey there at 5/4, is it just me or are his horses that don't run at big festivals absolutely shite. Its one or the other with him. That horse there Wal Bucks at Hexham was piss poor. Go figure

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jamieon

Mod Edit

Warning and Ban issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ballabriggs

5.00 Fairyhouse Where’s Frankie ew

Post edited by ballabriggs on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ballabriggs

7.30 Wolverhampton

Baileys Warrior. 7-1 ew 4 places pp

Best form is at 2 miles . Back at 2 miles and Oisin Murphy booked for the first time, must have a great chance today

PAnda boy in the national for me, 6 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭liamtech

i put a small EW on Panda and Noble Yeats - the 6 places is decent so -

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Live score bet paying 7 places my 3 darts mahler mission, late night pass coko beach

With the flat now getting into top gear i will start looking at the big saturday handicaps when extra places are the norm.

Tomorrow in Newbury the Spring cup takes place and PP go 6 places,the Lincoln form might be the way to go and i am backing Navagio ew 6 places with a smaller bet on Alpha Crucis who was 4th in that race has only 7 stone 10 to carry,the 2nd in that race,Lattam is not without a chance but we cant back them all but i might do a small rev forecast perm.

The other big handicap tomorrow is the scottish champion hurdle 2.25 Ayr and the one i am backing is Afadil who has run two very good races in to handicaps and at 12 to1 4 places is the value bet with a good claimer up,if none the worse for a run 8 days this one will take beating.

Do you fancy anything in the Scottish grand national zim?

I backed My Silver Lining at 11 to1 online with Paddy 6 places,5 in the shops

Advertisement