Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

I went way far too conservative with my bet! But wow what a result, good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Magnificent Zim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

Just saw this! Had him as well courtesy of Aidan O Hara on Twitter, he’s having a great few days, Ropey Guest too yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭liamtech

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Love it. had it in a double with Battle Cry Small change but. oh big reward. Thanks Zimmer. 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭zimmermania

It's nice when a real outsider does the biz

Tough racing at YORK but i will have a bet in the Ebor and the 4.10,one could pick a half dozen in each race and not have a placed horse but i have always liked the competitive handicaps.

The Ebor at 2.35 is dominated by the Mullins pair and a few others at fairly short prices,i am going for GET SHIRTY whose form figures are not impressive but he ran well in this last year and is 9 lbs lower now for shrewd connections and may be ew value at 22/1 six places. Adjuvant may be worth a saver and he has a handy weight.

In the 4.10 i am going for MR WAGYU to come back to his best form and win this for John Quinn,an old favourite of mine Summerghand will run well and would be a popular winner but at the price MR WAGYU is the value 6 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Reidy

Nos 1 last race goodwood. Fallen riding for haggass . Needed last run and I think will win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

Buckhill 7.40 e/w chancei know the. Onnections

Bit late putting it up if hope someone saw post. Had 5 .minutes to get on. 2nd ran well 18/1. Had bad day today.

• Advertisement

Noticed this today when looking at the form for the 3.40 at Newbury.

Horse runs over a mile!! at around 150 to 1 worth keeping an eye on for the future.A bigger write up than one would find for a group runner.

Hard to know what they are at finishes well to be beaten just over 3 lengths when hardly put into the race.

Jockey told the stewards horse would be suited by a stiff 5 furlongs and Intervention reappears over a mile,running well in front before dropping away.

Six furlongs will be fine but maybe not next time,unwanted attention drawn to the horse and a few more runs imo before going for a touch.

540 bellewstown Buckhill down to a good weight over hurdles. Ran well in the charity flat the other day. As I said I know the connections he's worth an e/w bet.

Small e/w bet no show Wexford 450.

Did ok 4 th last time likes soft ground not the best horse but a poor race.

Boom got 16/1. Only expected a place obviously he loves the ground. Won comfortable.

Not the best or most competitive Saturday racing tomorrow,I dont mind too much as I am in Dromoland with the other half at the Womens Irish open,a good winner would be nice to help reduce the hotel and drinks bill but I cannot see a decent price winner.

I backed Apoll One last night at 7 to 2 to win the Beverly Bullet at 2.40.

I am a bit surprised that he has only ever run once over 5 furlongs in his life and was was well beaten at Chester then.

However his style of running suggests to me that if up with the pace he wi be hard to beat in this.

Apollo One is not top rated but could be good enough to win this.

I'll try he was 10s didn't think it worth bet at price went out 16's and then I backed and did message. He let me down before it's just a lucky day from an average horse . Used to run in the flat I backed him and he'd hang on in the stalls not leaving at all. I will try be more early in future.

Haha no worries, just slightly jealous of the good win! Hoepfully more to come, bit of competition for our pal Zimmer :)

Nomenclature (how many would know its meaning?) could outrun her odds of around 30 to 1 in the 6.45 at Roscommon ,small stakes ew or betting "without" could pay dividends.

• Advertisement

We'll give it a lash zim,with a little saver on eastmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dickdasr1234

This wouldn't be 'Zimmerman' of Everythinghorseracing forum (the one with mad Gary) fame, would it!

I think he'll come on for that run zim, it was only his second run and 10 months since the first one.

Plenty competitive races saturday lots of opportunities to fill the bookies satchels.

In all the big field handicaps ( 20 or more runners) over 7 furlongs high numbers had a huge advantage.

Only 14 go in the 2.35 but it may still pay to be with the high drawn horses and Bless Him and Hickory are my 2 against the field. PP go 4 places and most others do the same.

At Haydock the 3.oc is a good handicap and 2 horses who battled it out last time may again be involved.

Aztec Empire and Forza Orta may again fight it out,PP goes 5 places and i will chance 4 ew doubles with the 2 from each race and

do a few ew singles as well.

No joy today,one for the Books,backed MURBIH ew at 5s this morning in the 7.30 WOL.

The rain might have come in time for KINGSWOOD in the last at the Curragh. pp paying 6 places online.

I wonder will the rain help Mokaatil (the outsider in the race at 20-1) in the 4.25 Sandown. For the name alone, "The Eye of Tulla" I'll have a little on at4-1 in the 6.30 Ballinrobe.

Well a nice win for The eye of Tulla while Mokaatil was a non runner.

A couple of good handicaps tomorrow in Doncaster where the ground is on the soft side.

The 2.25 is a handicap just less than 6 furlongs and a tight finish looks likely,PP goes 6 places online and some other books may do the same.

My idea of the winner is MAKANAH an 8 year old trained by Julie Camacho,who has 3 in the race,the gelding ran 7th in this in 2019 beaten only 2 lengths and was 6th last year off 101.

MAKANAH has plenty of good form here and the last time he ran off a rating of 96 he was 2nd of 22 to Dakota gold,16/1 and 6 places make this a confident ew value bet.

The other race i like is the 5.20 where PP and others go 4 places,Sonny Liston is a short priced fav here and while he has run some very good races he has only won one race worth 5 and a half grand and is worth opposing as he might be better on good ground.

EMPIRESTATEOFMIND was 2nd in this race lst year off 5 lbs lower and only5 we not have seen the best of him yet,8 or 9/1 is available and John Quinn his shrewd trainer probably has him laid out for it after a 35 day break so a decent ew bet.

• Advertisement

Kerry national day and pp paying 6 places. A few at decent prices ,ciel de neige 10-1, the goffer 12-1, and of course my old outsider born by the sea 33-1.

Advertisement