Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

good card at Cheltenham saturday and i am backing a few.

I.10 STRICTLYADANCER has been running well since coming back from a break of 637 days,was a good 4th lto and is a solid ew bet with 5 places on offer.

In the Paddy Power chase at 2.20 i like ANGELS BREATH who was a very good 2nd in a hurdle race lto,presumably to hold his rating,its hard to believe this horse was off for 1121 days and came back as good as ever.In fact the horse has had breaks of 251 230 and 200 as well so has very little mileage on the clock,should go very close and 5 places available.

In the 2.36 at Lingfield,REGAL REALITY is dropped in class to listed company and despite being an 8 year old still seems too good for the field and should win.

No joy today but 2 ran well enough without getting competitive .

Backed one at a good price for small money in the big race at Cheltenham,only three 4 year olds have won the Greatwood hurdle in the last 20 years.

Two were trained by Paul Nicholls.

Q

Q

Mondaamej 6.30 wol is a generous 6 to 1,only has to avoid trouble to win races and hopefully that will happen tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

His antics before being loaded were worrying, not sure if the jockeys persistence in trying to fit the hood helped. All in all probability worth another chance next time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just one that i hope will get a good start as was very slow away last run at newcastle over a mile

8 00 wolv Enola Grey 11/4

Was slow away last time and made up great ground from last to finish second only beaten a half length to Inverlochy who had won its previous race

Was closing on the winner and the extra distance may suit

• Advertisement

Mahler Mission 2.50 Newbury is an improving young chaser with a future at 17 t0 2 looks the days best bet ew 6 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭hudhastings

1.25 fairyhouse 200 fairyhouse answer to kayf and whiskey wealth both fancied hope to get first 3 on now favorite so maybe pt win. Terrence o Brion.

Really unlucky nice work back on form. Had him in ew Yankee with the 2 I put up Terrence O'Briens and hassard Andy holdings 215 tip. 3 were unlucky not to win but still doing ok got a 3/1 return.. I think he ran really well maybe couple of jumps not fluent enough but really good pick for big race nice price. More to come .

To Catch a Thief is odds on for the 3.30 at Newcastle today,a 25 grand handicap over 1 mile 2 furlongs.

Trained by Haggas the horse won an ordinary 4 horse maiden lto and could be anything,we dont know yet on the little evidence of the horses ability.

I backed Onesmoothoperator we at 9 to 2 and while I would prefer a slightly longer trip I think his most recent win over further (when tipped here) is the best form on show.

I expect him to be running on in the final furlong and getting his head in front,also on the flat I give Outrace a chance at a decent price ew in the 5.30 at Wol,Hannons horse has been running well and with a good claimer up Carrie's my ew money.

Both ran ok and the books did not get our cash.

• Advertisement

Senado Square is 7/2 to win the 7.45 Dundalk tomorrow night,a horse called My Girl Sioux was a close 4th despite not getting a clear run and is now better off at the weights.

My Girl Sioux has been running well but has yet to win a race and blinkers worn for the first time may have brought about some imrovement.

The blinkers stay on tomorrow and at 12/1 4 places is worth an ew bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Have tips been banned on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭crushproof

Probably a busy few weeks for Zimmer spending his yearly winnigns during the festive season. Some man!

To be fair he's the only left giving proper good fancies these days on here so wouldn't be suprised if he gave it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭liamtech

i might try and put some fancies up this year - i always doubt my ability in that department - i have an occasional streak of luck, followed by the ubiquitous LULL of inexplicable losses

My only win over Christmas was Galopin Des Champs and Gaoth Chuil on 28th December - the Double win was decent roughly 12-1 (15/4 and 7/4 for GDC) : i was happy out -

(i wont list my losses :( but they were plentiful)

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭liamtech

That said -

Help us zimmermania, you're our only hope

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

MickieD the bookie basher is good craic to follow on Youtube. Lovely man and fires in a fair whack of winners too.

For me today - Up Helly Aa King - 1.45 Ayr - win bet at 13/2

Edit: Winner 😁

Post edited by Cherry_Cola on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jonwin

backed that one, thanks

Looks like there's a vacancy for a new Zimmermania! In the meantime I fancy Mark of gold as an e/w in the 2.42 Kempton.

Mahlers cove in punchestown fancied . No money but I'll hand out the info.

• Advertisement

disappointing that the weather has robbed us of the best racing.

However I think I have found a good bet in the 5.oc Wol.

Hyrcanian is 9 to 2 despite having the best form lto a running on 3rd when unfancied for her 1st handicap now going over further she looks sure to figure in this modest handicap,to make it better Pp is going 4 places and giving a free (max)tenner bet for any horse finishing 2nd 3rd or 4th if one claims the free bet online.

All in it looks very good value and is the days best bet imo.

I hope my advice was taken by anyone interested in a value bet,the 9 to 2 was still available this morning so I cashed out and then backed Hyrcanian again (to qualify for the BOG) I now see 5 to 2 is the best available so all the filly has to do now is win.

Saved my stake by seeking out the best value.

Thystes day in Gowran today. Paying 5 places so will be doing e/w on longhouse poet 20-1, any second now 20-1 & Street value 12-1.

Three horses have won the 1.15 at Cheltenham twice in the last 20 years,Il Ridoto won it last year and can win it again this year for Paul Nicholls.

Alazwar should win the 4.55 amateur handicap at Kempton,Archie Watson provides some nice rides for his wife in this type of race.

Hyrcanian runs again today 5.45 Newcastle worth a little ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I'll stick that one in the tracker and see if she's entered in slightly weaker race sometime.

Not every fancy wins.

Post edited by hudhastings on

There is a hundred grand handicap hurdle at Sandown that will take some winning over 3 milesa,Operation Manna has a good record at the course and at 11 to1 5 places is an ew bet with a 7 lbs claimer up

It is nearly 2 months since Sahara Arab and I have a feeling that his shrewd trainer about him away for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Having a few quid on both Tony martins horses at musselburgh 2.50 and 4.35

Advertisement