Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,074 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

nagdefy wrote: »
    How about being on the panel for the Italy game at home and getting half a game? Hardly break us!

You made a reference about my age and your username. I was just demonstrating that i'm no kid.

Look i'm 41, i've attended rugby games since i was 5 in 1982. I'm die hard!

As said to Buer i find it most unwelcoming on here of all sports fora, my opinion.

I'll take back my D4 comment, out of order. But i'm a sincere person.
    Fair enough. But as far as I can see, nobody said anything unreasonable. Everyone here is excited about his potential. But that's all it is right now. The chap needs to get some serious game time for Leinster first. If he's that good, Leo won't keep him off the pitch. But bear in mind that Carbery was starting at 15 this season with Larmour available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Carberry is class too. It's finding game time for them all with Leinster. Ross Byrne is steadily improving. He's not Carberry but he could be a very solid 10 yet.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Fair enough. But as far as I can see, nobody said anything unreasonable. Everyone here is excited about his potential. But that's all it is right now. The chap needs to get some serious game time for Leinster first. If he's that good, Leo won't keep him off the pitch. But bear in mind that Carbery was starting at 15 this season with Larmour available.

irishfan9 'Give me a break with the henry stuff'.

Prawnsambo it's one liner's like those that i find i always get when i come onto the fora. He replied another time 'Ah a non rugby fan thinking he is smarter than the rest of us..'

Now that's someone who just dismisses your opinion out of hand and is full of themselves.

That riles me! This 'Us' idea. Wouldn't that make you feel like you weren't in the clique?

Anyway enough said. Work early. Cheers for the decent replies prawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,074 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

irishfan9 'Give me a break with the henry stuff'.

Prawnsambo it's one liner's like those that i find i always get when i come onto the fora. He replied another time 'Ah a non rugby fan thinking he is smarter than the rest of us..'

Now that's someone who just dismisses your opinion out of hand and is full of themselves.

That riles me! This 'Us' idea. Wouldn't that make you feel like you weren't in the clique?

Anyway enough said. Work early. Cheers for the decent replies prawn.
    Ah, you need to have a look at the Golf forum 'Handicap system changes' thread before you start pointing fingers in here.

Down to earth bunch of lads here in comparison. :)

And I'm even a bit embarassed making that connection. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭leakyboots

nagdefy - I don't necessarily agree with promoting Larmour straight to the Irish squad, it seems like on here as soon as some new Leinster young 'un puts in an eye-catching performance the calls go out to push him for international inclusion. He's an exciting talent for sure though, if he keeps turning out performances like he's shown capable of he'll put himself in the frame for a 15 jersey that is becoming more available.

You definitely have a point on the atmosphere in the forum. I read for anonymously for years before deciding to join and have picked up on it since posting that there's a cosy little core group of posters who dominate and constantly cast little barbs, jibes and in-jokes at things that go outside the perceived group-think or view. Some seem to get off lighter than others when it comes to pushing site rule boundaries.

Makes the place tedious at times, which is a shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

He's lightweight though. Got pushed easily into touch in the first half.

Doesn't have the winning instinct to force himself into the top pro category that Ferg has. Both of similar talent levels and physique

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Granny15 wrote: »
    Doesn't have the winning instinct to force himself into the top pro category that Ferg has. Both of similar talent levels and physique

Similar physique? Ur gold

leakyboots wrote: »
    nagdefy - I don't necessarily agree with promoting Larmour straight to the Irish squad, it seems like on here as soon as some new Leinster young 'un puts in an eye-catching performance the calls go out to push him for international inclusion. He's an exciting talent for sure though, if he keeps turning out performances like he's shown capable of he'll put himself in the frame for a 15 jersey that is becoming more available.

You definitely have a point on the atmosphere in the forum. I read for anonymously for years before deciding to join and have picked up on it since posting that there's a cosy little core group of posters who dominate and constantly cast little barbs, jibes and in-jokes at things that go outside the perceived group-think or view. Some seem to get off lighter than others when it comes to pushing site rule boundaries.

Yeah I think there is an anti critical thinking view on this site from a certain crowd. Question a few well regarded players abilities and you'll get put down and slagged off as clueless. But isn't that what fora are for being critical when the crowd thinks otherwise?

irishfan9 wrote: »
    Similar physique? Ur gold

Ferg may be stronger than Reid but they are around the same height weight

• Subscribers Posts: 41,036 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Reid is noticibly taller and thinner than Fergus, who is smaller and squatter.

They do not have similar physiques.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Granny15 wrote: »
    Ferg may be stronger than Reid but they are around the same height weight

They are nothing alike physically

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Serious case of pot calling kettle black on this page.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,990 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Noel Reid absolutely emptied their 8 at one point tonight.

(there's a phrase I never thought I'd say)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I’ve seen the critique of this forum as being ‘cliquey’ like you suggest a few times in a few different places, but I don’t really get it to be honest. Speaking as someone who used to comment a lot on this forum but gave on it, by far and away the most tedious thing on here is the negativity and provincial infighting, from all supporters. It literally never ends, and it completely drove me away from what is otherwise a good place to discuss rugby.

Just happened to be reading the rugby forum again and saw this, and thought I’d give my two cents on it

Tox56 wrote: »
    I’ve seen the critique of this forum as being ‘cliquey’ like you suggest a few times in a few different places, but I don’t really get it to be honest. Speaking as someone who used to comment a lot on this forum but gave on it, by far and away the most tedious thing on here is the negativity and provincial infighting, from all supporters. It literally never ends, and it completely drove me away from what is otherwise a good place to discuss rugby.

Just happened to be reading the rugby forum again and saw this, and thought I’d give my two cents on it

Fair enough, I was just chucking in my two cents too, people can make of it what they will I guess.

You should post more btw, you were always one of the more balanced ones :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Cold one last night...

I hate hyping up young players but it's getting hard not to be very excited by Larmour. Ross Byrne was very good in all aspects. The Dragons were so bad that it's hard to put it into real context though. Josh Murphy had a good showing too.

Of the old guys, Fardy looks like an inspired signing and McFadden was absolutely flying.

Thought Reid and ROL were poor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,179 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Thought Reid and ROL were poor though.

A lot of good possession died in midfield. Most of the good work from our back three came from kicked posession or midfield being cut out.

Fardy looks a fantastic signing. A big signing would often go through the motions for a game like that but he was dominant.

Thank you. Re. Larmour,nothing to do with him being a Leinster kid. I've watched him for a while and think he's something different.

Thanks again.

This is incredibly rich from the person who coined this phrase:
    Classic Daverage

And who regularly shows up in Leinter match threads making no apologies for gleefully cheering for the opposition?

Only 1 person was calling for Larmour to be fast tracked and everyone disagreed. You did the same thing two months ago when someone said Barry Daly probably deserved a call up more than Adam Byrne:
    Steady the horses on Daly, what is it with this place and as soon as someone in blue turns in a decent performance they're automatically parachuted into the Irish squad? Exciting prospect though he is

If you want to improve the atmosphere on the forum, you can start with yourself to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Buer wrote: »
    A lot of good possession died in midfield. Most of the good work from our back three came from kicked posession or midfield being cut out.

Fardy looks a fantastic signing. A big signing would often go through the motions for a game like that but he was dominant.

ROL has struggled this season, both defensively and going forward. Hopefully he's on a learning curve and he'll get there.

Reid has always been hit and miss.

There's definitely a lack of depth there. That'll need to be filled by either those lads stepping up or someone stepping up from the academy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

Think ROL is a condfidence player, his demeanor seems to slump when he’s not playing well and ends up trying to force things.

At times last night Byrne was striking the ball with a confidence and an assuredness that reminded me of ROG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Any highlights of last night's game? Was stuck at a family dinner that was insufferably dull.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Any highlights of last night's game? Was stuck at a family dinner that was insufferably dull.

I missed it and was hoping to watch the full match on TG4 but the website doesn't seem to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Peregrine wrote: »
    I missed it and was hoping to watch the full match on TG4 but the website doesn't seem to be working.

This is incredibly rich from the person who coined this phrase:

And who regularly shows up in Leinter match threads making no apologies for gleefully cheering for the opposition?

Only 1 person was calling for Larmour to be fast tracked and everyone disagreed. You did the same thing two months ago when someone said Barry Daly probably deserved a call up more than Adam Byrne:

If you want to improve the atmosphere on the forum, you can start with yourself to be honest.

What are you on about? I cheered Leinster on, in the stadium, in all three of their Heineken Cup wins.

And I find it a bit rich for the person on a constant, tedious windup in here taking offence at me poking fun at DK.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,990 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Buer wrote: »

How would Larmour go in midfield? Might solve two problems....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

93-26 over the two games against Dragons......pffft Taylor Swift could do better than that

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Neil3030 wrote: »
    How would Larmour go in midfield? Might solve two problems....

He slotted in there in a game a while ago because of injuries and didn't look out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Venjur/leakyboots give it up and drop the backseat moderation

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Mod Note

This is the Leinster thread, as so nobody should be surprised when it is overwhelmingly pro-Leinster players. If you don't like that don't read this thread. The message is the same for all other provincial threads, if Leinster fans don't like Munster fans bigging up their own players in the Munster thread then they're welcome not to read it.

Regarding cliques. Everyone and anyone is welcome to post here so long as they are objective. Not liking a certain player is not reason enough to come in and continue to post negatively about them. And on the other hand, someone objectively discussing a particular player is welcome to talk about their concerns without being shot down with witty one-liners or outright dismissed by supporters of that province just because they're a new poster.

If anyone has any questions about this, or concerns about the moderation here feel free to PM any of us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement