Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

prawnsambo wrote: »
    You're arguing about something that hasn't even been said. That you say yourself isn't reality. WTF?

He said 'give me a break' about referencing Henry. I said he had some achievevments. Comprendez???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

nagdefy wrote: »
    Your a mod for this site and if that reply is your stock in trade i'm out. It's the know it all bulls*it sarcastic attitude that is rampant here.

Why couldn't you craft your statement something like 'well actually i have it on good authority that Carberry was going to be selected anyway'.

This old boys club isn't for me. It's no wonder that most of the province of Leinster outside your D4 cocoon supported Munster until recent years.

You said the following:
    Many of the best players played for their country before their province. You either have it or you don't. If Graham Henry saw Larmour he'd be having a word with head coaches as he did about Carberry.

So what exactly might Henry be having a word about, that the coaches at Leinster wouldn't already be wise to?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Your a mod for this site and if that reply is your stock in trade i'm out. It's the know it all bulls*it sarcastic attitude that is rampant here.

Why couldn't you craft your statement something like 'well actually i have it on good authority that Carberry was going to be selected anyway'.

This old boys club isn't for me. It's no wonder that most of the province of Leinster outside your D4 cocoon supported Munster until recent years.
    How about Joe saw Carbery playing at schools level and noted him back that far? Because he did, and said so.

But I suppose I'm a D4 cocoonist too?

Clegg wrote: »
    Adam Byrne has been impressive for the last 12 months. Larmour hasn't even played 12 months pro rugby.

But he hasn't. See him try and defend against Nadolo. Now your man is a 21 st big unit but no technique or no heart in tackling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Ah a non rugby fan thinking he is smarter than the rest of us..

• Advertisement

He said 'give me a break' about referencing Henry. I said he had some achievevments. Comprendez???
    No. You made up a scenario about Henry commenting on Larmour. And then ran with it as if it had actually happened.

No comprende?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,179 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Except the vast majority of us aren't from D4. You made a very questionable statement relating to calling for a guy with 4 pro starts to his name to be involved for Ireland and, when people disagree, you're making a very tenuous claim in reference to their social background?

How about Joe saw Carbery playing at schools level and noted him back that far? Because he did, and said so.

But I suppose I'm a D4 cocoonist too?

I'm mentioned Henry once. My main argument is Larmour deserves a go with the Irish senior panel. But a little, well actually large, clique here want to jump on my Henry comment.

And with a name like prawnsambo...you tell me.

Look i've had enough of this site. One mention that Henry would admire Larmour and i get ganged up on. Rather than the actual merits of Larmour over Kearney (Rob).

I know criticising Rob Kearney is a fairly worn at this stage but my point of having Larmour with some game time rather than Rob 2 years older at a WC stands.

Very few of you argued in a sincere fashion just sarky comments about Henry. And when the mod leads the way it says it all.

No. You made up a scenario about Henry commenting on Larmour. And then ran with it as if it had actually happened.

No comprende?

I didn't. I said i'd imagine Henry would appreciate Larmour. So what.

I'm mentioned Henry once. My main argument is Larmour deserves a go with the Irish senior panel. But a little, well actually large, clique here want to jump on my Henry comment.

Look i've had enough of this site. One mention that Henry would admire Larmour and i get ganged up on. Rather than the actual merits of Larmour over Kearney (Rob).

I know criticising Rob Kearney is a fairly worn at this stage but my point of having Larmour with some game time rather than Rob 2 years older at a WC stands.

Very few of you argued in a sincere fashion just sarky comments about Henry. And when the mod leads the way it says it all.
    You're the one with the sarky comments. Do you want me to list them?

People responded to your promotion of Larmour with very reasonable comments. You then threw a hypothetical Graham Henry quote in to bolster your argument. That's what I had a go at. And I make no apologies for it.

And my username comes from a Roy Keane quote. Perhaps you're too young to have heard it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I’m not even from Dublin. Cheers though.

Buer wrote: »
    Except the vast majority of us aren't from D4. You made a very questionable statement relating to calling for a guy with 4 pro starts to his name to be involved for Ireland and, when people disagree, you're making a very tenuous claim in reference to their social background?

Well wherever ye're from ye're a cosy clique. Over 4 years commenting occasionally on the rugby fora i forget myself and come back on. Then i remember why I did.

This rubbish about 4 pro games. In many codes players make the step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I neither moderate this forum, nor lead any opinion on it. Your point has been done to death, however, and this could be the reason so many people are disagreeing with you. Every single time, and it really is EVERY single time a fullback plays well for a province, Kearney is brought up. His place in the national or provincial side is questioned; the things he supposedly can't do are brought up. It's just tedious.

irishfan9 wrote: »

I've been attending rugby games since i was 5!

I’m not even from Dublin. Cheers though.

Not you Sir. You replied with no condescension.

Congrats.

So for a year then.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. :D

I'll get me coat. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

OK lads and lassies, debate the issue at hand and stop taking pot-shots at each other.

In case you are wondering, I *am* a mod here so if you have an issue, report the post or pm me or any other rugby mod.

Thanks.

You're the one with the sarky comments. Do you want me to list them?

People responded to your promotion of Larmour with very reasonable comments. You then threw a hypothetical Graham Henry quote in to bolster your argument. That's what I had a go at. And I make no apologies for it.

And my username comes from a Roy Keane quote. Perhaps you're too young to have heard it?

I've forgotten more about many sports than you ever knew.

Roy got thrown in against Liverpool no hassle into a First Division 1 game with just some reserve experience for Notts Forrest. Happens in many sports.

By the way the Premiership only came into being in 1992.

So for a year then.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. :D

I'll get me coat. :o

36 actually:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,179 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Well wherever ye're from ye're a cosy clique. Over 4 years commenting occasionally on the rugby fora i forget myself and come back on. Then i remember why I did.

This rubbish about 4 pro games. In many codes players make the step up.

I'll assume you've had a few and leave it at that.

Reid's passing was key tonight.

Congrats.

Posting a lot on a forum isn't the sole way how you judge if a person is a rugby fan. Attending games etc i think helps a lot.

Reid's passing was key tonight.

He's lightweight though. Got pushed easily into touch in the first half.

Buer wrote: »
    I'll assume you've had a few and leave it at that.

No Buer. Sober. I always find it very unwelcoming here. Kind of a bullying attitude. 100% honest. And i'm not a snowflake:D

I've forgotten more about many sports than you ever knew.

Roy got thrown in against Liverpool no hassle into a First Division 1 game with just some reserve experience for Notts Forrest. Happens in many sports.

By the way the Premiership only came into being in 1992.
    So?

I don't recall saying anything about when the premiership started. :confused:

Larmour hasn't even started against anything other than Pro 14 opposition. Let's see how he manages tighter spaces than was available to him tonight. I'm not saying he can't, just that he hasn't had an opportunity to show one way or the other.

I even said he'd a chance of making the training squad for the 6N, so I'm not against the idea. Just think the jury is still out.

We'll leave it there so:D

He's lightweight though. Got pushed easily into touch in the first half.

Never said otherwise, we all know reid's limitations.. however his passing really helped tonight.

So?

I don't recall saying anything about when the premiership started. :confused:

Larmour hasn't even started against anything other than Pro 14 opposition. Let's see how he manages tighter spaces than was available to him tonight. I'm not saying he can't, just that he hasn't had an opportunity to show one way or the other.

I even said he'd a chance of making the training squad for the 6N, so I'm not against the idea. Just think the jury is still out.

How about being on the panel for the Italy game at home and getting half a game? Hardly break us!

You made a reference about my age and your username. I was just demonstrating that i'm no kid.

Look i'm 41, i've attended rugby games since i was 5 in 1982. I'm die hard!

As said to Buer i find it most unwelcoming on here of all sports fora, my opinion.

I'll take back my D4 comment, out of order. But i'm a sincere person.

• Advertisement

Never said otherwise, we all know reid's limitations.. however his passing really helped tonight.

It did and in fairness he stepped well for a few breaks. Centre will be the crux for Leinster this year. Ringrose coming back after a long lay off and Henshaw finding form.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement