Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Fiji match thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Carbery our stand out so far

• Registered Users Posts: 11,237 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Wegians89 wrote: »
    That wasn't very good tbh

Playing wide a bit too quickly i think. Its pretty much as you should expect this game to be though. Still think we will hit 40-50 points

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Herring, McCloskey, Carberry and Conway looking good.

Marmion struggling a little bit but that's somewhat tied up in our approach to the breakdown.

As good as Dave has looked ball in hand and positionally, his most important contribution has been his folding of a couple of lads.

Expect a big second half, would like to see as many of these guys left on to open them up, we know what the bench is capable of.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

fúck ive to go to a party so ill miss the rest

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »

I'll tell you right now whats going to happen. Fidji's only try in the second half will be a break away try probably from an intercept.

Ireland will score within the first 5 minutes of the second half and then we'll get at least two more set piece tries after that.

We'll bring on some of the bench from 65mins and get 1 more absolute scorcher ending the game 6 -7 tries to 2.

You can thank me tomorrow. Have fun at the party!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,315 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

MadYaker wrote: »
    Likewise, but I'm holding on until the last minute. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Conway and Sweetnam conspired there to give Fidji a free run through, Kearney only one to nail his man.

What a player!
    I'll tell you right now whats going to happen. Fidji's only try in the second half will be a break away try probably from an intercept.

Ireland will score within the first 5 minutes of the second half and then we'll get at least two more set piece tries after that.

We'll bring on some of the bench from 65mins and get 1 more absolute scorcher ending the game 6 -7 tries to 2.

You left out "Dave Kearney scores again and makes 2 other tries, but is ridiculed on here. Luke McGrath comes on, does nothing special but is lauded as being a huge improvement on Marmion. Ireland win by 27 but TOH would have made the difference."

Am I doing it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Super work from Sweetnam there

Zzippy wrote: »
    What a player!

You left out "Dave Kearney scores again and makes 2 other tries, but is ridiculed on here. Luke McGrath comes on, does nothing special but is lauded as being a huge improvement on Marmion. Ireland win by 27 but TOH would have made the difference."

Am I doing it right?

Tiernan O'Halloran

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Sorry Marmion haters. He's actually a very good rugby player.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Oh Dave.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Shut the forum down now!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Lol, go dave k

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Narcissus

oh dear oh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Dave......you've just blown.

Terrible try to give away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Classic Daverage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭A-Train

I lauded him earlier but that was poor from Kearney. Ireland need to wake up here or they are in trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Everdene

Agh game on now...

Ok well I got that bit right but now Fidji can't score again for the rest of the game and Ireland really need to score in the next 2 minutes or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

That was a nice 25 minutes where Dave was super. Now a return to our regularly scheduled programming

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

... When he's not scoring he's creating tries!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Read a mile away. Poor from DK. In a real game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Thank you Dave
    Draw for now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Scores level. That's careless by Ireland - not very professional. Joe will be hopping.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Well you got the intercept right

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Good man Venjur!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Everdene wrote: »
    Agh game on now...

Sure it started an hour ago

Never have so many people been so happy about a try scored against Ireland. Such is the hate for the Kearney's.

With fans like these!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Oooh. What an unfortunate start for Ireland with that Fiji try.

Now we're level with Fiji. Come on Ireland. In terms of the score beat them & beat them clinically.

Advertisement