Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

stephen_n wrote: »
    Question pretty soon is who starts in the second row, is there the possibility of Toner being benched to accommodate Ryan, think Fardy is fairly nailed on at this stage, he's been a revelation.

Think for European games it will be Fardy and Toner with Ryan getting a fair bit of game time elsewhere in the league games and off the bench in the european matches

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

For this weekend I'm going to guess at:

McGrath Cronin Bent
    Nagle Fardy
    Ruddock Conan VDF

McGrath Byrne
    Nacewa Ringrose
    Lowe Larmour Byrne

Tracy, Byrne, Porter, Josh Murphy, Jordi, JGP, Marsh, ROL

Fogs was talking about how hard Cronin has been working the last couple of weeks so I think they're going to back him this week. Ruddock and Conan got relatively little game time over the last few weeks (Rhys will be at 107 min over 5 weeks) so both should be more than able to come back in. No idea what the update is on Leavy though. I think we should be leaving Larmour in the starting side for this one too, and with Henshaw out we need to make sure we're blooding a partnership that might actually play together against Exeter. So Isa goes to 12. It's a pretty exciting back 3 and if Ringrose can hit the ground running it could be a very dangerous back line. And there should be more than enough in that pack to provide a platform.

We're short on fit locks at the moment. Dev might come back onto the bench given the fact that he only benched against Argentina, but I'm not sure about that. Rhys might end up benching to cover the row but I'd like to see him start. And I think ROL offers enough cover from the bench generally, plus he might be needed to replace Ringrose anyway given Garys lack of match fitness.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Lowe Larmour Byrne

wW10FiC.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Is it my imagination, or do we not generally go close to full strength in these games, to get some prep for the European games? Need to knock Joe's ideas out of those international players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

stephen_n wrote: »
    Is it my imagination, or do we not generally go close to full strength in these games, to get some prep for the European games? Need to knock Joe's ideas out of those international players.

There used to be two games after the AIs before the European cup. Now there's one.

I believe when it was two it was always rest the first week and full strength the second.

Now it seems to be mix and match team the week after the AIs and full strength for Europe.

• Advertisement

Game at the weekend has a bit of a banana skin feel. Fired up Beneton who are out of Europe and a Leinster team probably trying to avoid injury before the double header. Reckon it could end up uncomfortably tight...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Game at the weekend has a bit of a banana skin feel. Fired up Beneton who are out of Europe and a Leinster team probably trying to avoid injury before the double header. Reckon it could end up uncomfortably tight...

you'll get treviso +13

however, it could be quite a strong leinster team that faces them.

personally id wait until the teams are announced

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ringrose and Furlong are out of contract next summer.

7 year contracts for each pls.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,990 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Furlong is a farmer - it probably kills him to be away from the farm for a few weeks on tours, imagine what living abroad would do to him? Doubt he'll leave, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Furlong is a farmer - it probably kills him to be away from the farm for a few weeks on tours, imagine what living abroad would do to him? Doubt he'll leave, tbh.

He's also a tighthead prop. I don't think they even have to attend training. He could probably fly into Toulon on Saturday Morning and be back in his candle-lit hay-mattressed bed by bed time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,179 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Furlong won't leave but he'll have silly money on the table from France. A big thick headed prop who can scrummage, carry and has good hands? And unlike half the guys in France with those attributes can play 60-70 minutes?

Have the money, Tadhg. Have all the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,990 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

He's also a tighthead prop. I don't think they even have to attend training. He could probably fly into Toulon on Saturday Morning and be back in his candle-lit hay-mattressed bed by bed time.

They have to attend daily acting classes to perfect that picture of innocence look, following blatant infringements.

They have to attend daily acting classes to perfect that picture of innocence look, following blatant infringements.

Easily done. You ask them to perform simple arithmetic without a calculator.

tenor.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Buer wrote: »
    Furlong won't leave but he'll have silly money on the table from France. A big thick headed prop who can scrummage, carry and has good hands? And unlike half the guys in France with those attributes can play 60-70 minutes?

Have the money, Tadhg. Have all the money.

Furlong-isvilli ???

tenor.gif

f'ing dieing in the office here. Hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭tooManyChoices

Great land in the south of France though...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

tenor.gif

Or ask them to understand the rules of the game?

watch-roman-poite-puts-dylan-hartley-in-his-place-for-not-knowing-the-rules-of-rugby.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭tooManyChoices

Stheno wrote: »
    Or ask them to understand the rules of the game?

watch-roman-poite-puts-dylan-hartley-in-his-place-for-not-knowing-the-rules-of-rugby.png

So is the Welsh front-row going to get held back a year?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Great land in the south of France though...

I doubt Tadhg is into growing olives and apricots. There's not a lick of grass to sate a bullock around these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Is saturdays match on the television box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

salmocab wrote: »
    Is saturdays match on the television box?
    Ye on tg4, here's a site with game times and tv channels.
    http://www.wheresthematch.com/tv/home.asp?showdatestart=20171202&sportid=3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

James Ryan to miss first exeter game with ac joint sprain but expected to be available for home game - Des Berry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

irishfan9 wrote: »
    James Ryan to miss first exeter game with ac joint sprain but expected to be available for home game - Des Berry.

We could do with some depth in the engine room for Exeter if we are to expect to defend for 30 phases.

Was there any update on Molony or Nagle going off in the Dragons game?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

We could do with some depth in the engine room for Exeter if we are to expect to defend for 30 phases.

Was there any update on Molony or Nagle going off in the Dragons game?

Nagle just went off due to tiredness etc.

Molony no word, but likely out.

2 backrowers on bench be my move.

Having recently rewatched certain scenes from the Life of Brian I'm thinking Welease Wuddock....

hqdefault.jpg

EDIT: Really should read Welease Whys Wuddock shouldn't it.....I have a vewy important fwiend in Wome called Whys Wuddock.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

irishfan9 wrote: »
    Nagle just went off due to tiredness etc.

Molony no word, but likely out.

2 backrowers on bench be my move.

Ruddock to cover there I guess if Moloney and Ryan both out. Wouldn't have much faith in any of the others really in a game of that magnitude.

Ruddock has to start. Not sure I'd want him covering lock unless he's coming in fresh.

Do we have two other back options available? Murphy is one but would VDF be back?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Ruddock has to start. Not sure I'd want him covering lock unless he's coming in fresh.

Do we have two other back options available? Murphy is one but would VDF be back?

Obviously he's going to start but him moving second row with Leavy coming off the bench is much stronger than him staying at 6 with someone like Nagle coming off the bench.

For the record, I was just joking. He has to start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Not a big fan of the 2nd row being covered by someone on the pitch either. Would much prefer someone on the bench who can come in there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement