Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭THFC198

Yeah they're a team that does what they do better than anyone else at the moment. I think our backs will have to have a big game and unleash out wide because we certainly won't push these guys over upfront

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Has anyone said this will be easy? Must have missed that.

think it started with my admittedly optimistic prediction of Leinster by 8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

molloyjh wrote: »
    I said this elsewhere, but most of our team will be playing their first game for Leinster in nearly 2 months. Most of the Exeter lads will have been with them for that period and they have been able to get a good run going. We won't be at our best, they'll be close to theirs. This will not be an easy encounter and I'd be inclined to think Exeter will win it. A LBP would be a good return from this one with a view to denying them the same next week.

No doubt this will be a tough game. Possibly our toughest. But I have faith.

Exeter have a tendency to be a bit one dimensional. Simple yet effective rugby. Not a criticism.

Montpellier came to town and showed that route one rugby wont cut it against us.

No doubt a stern test for us and in the grand scheme of things, a LBP would be a decent return, but I don't think a win is off the table and wont be suprised if we get one

This is gonna be easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

This is gonna be easy.

It'll be a walk in the park. The Sandy Park

• Subscribers Posts: 41,176 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

No doubt this will be a tough game. Possibly our toughest. But I have faith.

Exeter have a tendency to be a bit one dimensional. Simple yet effective rugby. Not a criticism.

Montpellier came to town and showed that route one rugby wont cut it against us.

No doubt a stern test for us and in the grand scheme of things, a LBP would be a decent return, but I don't think a win is off the table and wont be suprised if we get one

theres a HUGE difference between a travelling French team and a home English team to be honest.

Exeter were absolutely coasting against bath last weekend, getting to 35-3 up after 60 mins... and the completely took the foot off the pedal with an eye for this weekend.

I agree that a win is not 'off the table' but my realism currently says a LBP would be a good return ... as long as we get at least the win the following weekend.

its certainly my "game of the weekend"

shame its on sunday at 5.30... FFS

Just watched a few moments of the forwards working on their mauls with a very glum looking Heaslip onlooking from the side

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭durthacht

THFC198 wrote: »
    What are peoples team/score predictions for the Exeter game this weekend??
    J. Lowe

Indo this morning said Lowe isn't registered for Europe.

So if Henshaw is fit then I guess it'll be a straight call between Isa or Dave Kearney for the left wing. Personally I hope he picks DK just to wind up people on boards.ie. Imagine the collective blood pressure readings going through the roof... :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

durthacht wrote: »
    Indo this morning said Lowe isn't registered for Europe.

So if Henshaw is fit then I guess it'll be a straight call between Isa or Dave Kearney for the left wing. Personally I hope he picks DK just to wind up people on boards.ie. Imagine the collective blood pressure readings going through the roof... :D

Lowe can be added by Tuesday.

We have 11 front row forwards registered. I would imagine one could be stopped out. Either that or Barry Daly could be deregistered (how long is he injured for)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

I haven't seen a huge amount of Exeter apart from the Montpellier game and the rest are results I've heard about /seen.

Call me a pessimist but I think it's going to be very hard to win there.

I could be completely wrong of course. I just don't have that huge amount of faith in this Leinster team which I don't think has played together for very long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

pretty much every game Johnny has played since the Lions he could have been man of the match. His performances have gone up another level.

that is pretty much the only thing giving me hope. that and our international pack!

don't think anyone is taking the defending english champions and current league leaders lightly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Fancy Leinster to win on Sunday. Always seem to kick it up a notch for this particular fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Glasgow were and still are absolutely flying in their domestic competition.

What have this Devonshire lot ever achieved in Europe, defeat in the QF?

Pedigree, people, pedigree!

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Glasgow were and still are absolutely flying in their domestic competition.

What have this Devonshire lot ever achieved in Europe, defeat in the QF?

Pedigree, people, pedigree!

do you forget how hard we got to beat them the last time we played them in Dublin?? ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

sydthebeat wrote: »
    do you forget how hard we got to beat them the last time we played them in Dublin?? ;);)

FAKE NEWS.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

sydthebeat wrote: »

I'm sure some of you got pretty hard, but is that a useful metric?

I'm sure some of you got pretty hard, but is that a useful metric?

well pedigree suggests history... so yeah..... its a useful metric ;)

i know neil was only stirring it with his post anyway...

Leinster will wait until the end of the week before making a decision on the availability of Robbie Henshaw for their Champions Cup clash with Exeter at Sandy Park on Sunday.

The Ireland international reported a tightness in his hamstring ahead of the Autumn international against Argentina and will be assessed further this week.

Garry RIngrose, who recovered from a shoulder injury and made a try-scoring first appearance of the season away to Treviso at the weekend and came through unscathed, as did Josh van der Flier.

The 24-year-old is likely to be named among the replacements for the clash with Exeter, having sat out the November international series.

Mick Kearney is also available after shaking off an AC joint injury, while Dan Leavy’s fitness remains a doubt with a hamstring strain.

James Ryan will also be looked at after he suffered a knock to his shoulder in Ireland’s victory over Argentina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

irishfan9 wrote: »
    Leinster will wait until the end of the week before making a decision on the availability of Robbie Henshaw for their Champions Cup clash with Exeter at Sandy Park on Sunday.

So, Robbie out till February then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

The 24-year-old is likely to be named among the replacements for the clash with Exeter, having sat out the November international series.

What is going on here? Ringer surely slots straight back in?

errlloyd wrote: »

yeah I dunno, that's the author's opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭durthacht

Think he's talking about VDF there, but it's ambiguous alright.

Yeah, Ringrose is 22. JVDF is 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Ah yes. Ringer is only 22.

thought nick mc was pretty good off the bench again at the weekend, bullet of a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Ah yes. Ringer is only 22.
    They grow up so fast. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Really is a toxic group we got.

Montpellier second in the Top14, were top until losing to second placed La Rochelle away at the weekend.

Glasgow breaking league records with their start.

Exeter 9 points clear at the top of the premiership.

Must be close to the hardest group in the history of the competition when you put ourselves in it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

thought nick mc was pretty good off the bench again at the weekend, bullet of a pass.

Have to agree. I know he was playing behind a dominant pack, but I thought he was slick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement