Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,659 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Sure didn't Munster poach Deccie right out of Leinster's hands. Just think about what could have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

molloyjh wrote: »
    I knew you'd correct me on that. For once Buer, leave it go...... :D

fWlYriU.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

awec wrote: »
    Sure didn't Munster poach Deccie right out of Leinster's hands. Just think about what could have been.

I'd rather not.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

A long list but hardly surprising given Leinster's advantages.

And South Africa were giving out about all the pros playing games outside of SA!?

Impressive long list.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

FrannoFan wrote: »
    And South Africa were giving out about all the pros playing games outside of SA!?

Impressive long list.

The list includes current Leinster players.

What's more very few of them outside Leinster would make a Leinster squad at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Jeremy Loughman training with Munster currently FYI.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Hope Jordi reaches 100 Leinster caps before he leaves.

• Administrators Posts: 53,659 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

irishfan9 wrote: »
    Hope Jordi reaches 100 Leinster caps before he leaves.

Should be well rested to ensure no injuries IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Should be well rested to ensure no injuries IMO.

Nah a few of my Ulster mates are calling him sh1te, so we need to play him at least once more over the Christmas period so he can score a try against Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Can we call him Nordi Murphy now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Good move for all concerned I think. I don't rate Murphy as high as some on here but he'll be a good addition to Ulster's squad without significantly weakening Leinster's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

leakyboots wrote: »
    Good move for all concerned I think. I don't rate Murphy as high as some on here but he'll be a good addition to Ulster's squad without significantly weakening Leinster's.
    He's probably in the second tier of back row forwards for Ireland behind the likes of Heaslip, POM, SOB and Stander. Not too shabby all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Is Jordi moving now or end of season? To be honest for him to get a run of games a move now might work

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Is Jordi moving now or end of season? To be honest for him to get a run of games a move now might work
    End of season apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

He's been available for 10 Leinster games since coming back from injury. He's played in 9 of those. Plus a BaaBaas game and a full 80 against Fiji for Ireland. So he doesn't really need to move right now for game time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Heavily rumoured according to today's papers.

We shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Murphy has been a quality player for Leinster for a good few seasons so disappointed to see him go, but I think the move makes sense and obviously wish him well.

That injury in Chicago...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

He was sacrificed in Chicago to the rugby gods, he offered himself up in order to make the victory possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

molloyjh wrote: »
    He's been available for 10 Leinster games since coming back from injury. He's played in 9 of those. Plus a BaaBaas game and a full 80 against Fiji for Ireland. So he doesn't really need to move right now for game time.

If he is on way out and with the current group of players I could see Leinster picking the other guys in front of him.....no good for him or for Ireland....

He was ahead of a lot of players before that injury.....

Also, I wonder did Joe tell him to go? gives him a full season as 1st choice I would guess, game time in Europe etc....not too bad with WC coming up...Joe does seem to like him.....

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Awec said it is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE so we can all calm down. I won't believe it's true until Murphy changes his name to Wilson.

If he changes his name to Vandermurf all this controversy would die down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The dream is dead

I'm quite surprised by that but then again he doesn't have a huge amount of time with the squad yet. I wonder was the decision made before his impressive debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Absolutely bizarre.

I'm quite surprised by that but then again he doesn't have a huge amount of time with the squad yet. I wonder was the decision made before his impressive debut.
    It was in the papers that they were registering him today, but that could have just been speculation based on the closing date for registrations. I suppose, based on the fact that he hasn't played with the expected starting team yet, it may be too early for him.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    It was in the papers that they were registering him today, but that could have just been speculation based on the closing date for registrations. I suppose, based on the fact that he hasn't played with the expected starting team yet, it may be too early for him.

Understandable albeit unfortunate. We could absolutely have used him in this double header. He seems real quality and based on what I saw of him in the latest super rugby season he'll be handily first choice for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Does the registration deadline today apply for both games, or just Sunday's.

Also: 5:30 on Sunday? What a sh1t time for a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

impr0v wrote: »

Also: 5:30 on Sunday? What a sh1t time for a game.

Weathers meant to be crap also.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Idiotic not to register him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Strange decision alright, he put in a performance in his first game beyond what some players in the wing positions are capable of :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement