Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formuler F1 Twin Satellite Tuner plus hdd for sat and saorview.

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Sadly, my F1 box seems to have died this evening. I had just finished watching a recording, when the signal to the TV went. Tried rebooting, took out the electric cable etc. but can't get it to work. It's like there's not enough power to turn it on fully. The light on the box flickers when I use the remote, but there's nothing showing on the TV and no display on the box. Has this happened anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Try a new power supply as there common enough on many boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

greasepalm wrote: »
    Try a new power supply as there common enough on many boxes.

Thanks. Yeh, tried that but still no luck. It's very strange. The red standby light is on, but I can't get it to fully power up.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭boardtc

Hi, BBC1 had been showing black this year on my F1,I think most of the others are working, e.g. BBC2 is fine. The EPG for BBC1 shows current program info.

If I go into signal finder for tuner A and scan it finds other channels like national geographic but does not seem to do a rescan.

How can I get BBC1 back please?

• Advertisement

Thanks a million Gerry. I couldn't find a way to edit the individual channel frequency so I could update BBC1. Is that what I need to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

You need to add a new transponder (TP) using the settings I linked to. The generic BBC One no longer exists, only a temporary SD version remains. From now on you need to choose a specific regional version of BBC 1 HD, London being the most obvious choice. Without knowing which image you have installed such as openVix or openATV it is hard to give specific instructions on how to do this in your case.

For the London version you enter 10818 V 23000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK as the new TP

Alternatively if you can find an option for a "blind scan" or "network scan" that may work but will also find lots of unwanted stuff too.

Still using grogbuild openATV 202203 Gerry.

That TP is not showing as a pre defined, from the user defined list I can't match all mentioned such as 3/4 and 8PSK...

Post edited by boardtc on

You wont find it in pre-defined as it is a new config the box doesn't know about yet.

Go to USER DEFINED and then add the values above into the appropriate places.

This what it looks like in openVIX but yours should be similar. Use the UP/DOWN LEFT/RIGHT keys and numbers to enter the correct values then GREEN to scan

• Advertisement

Great stuff! Wimbledon is back! BBC Red button is not. I probably have to pick another TP for Tuner B. The new channels show in bouquet Last Scanned. The old BBC still shows in bouquet Entertainment.

Are there any instructions ye can point me to please to redo bouquets?

Also is GrogBuild dead now, as in no longer updated, if you have moved on?

Thanks!

Ok You've covered a lot of stuff in that last post.

First off, Tuner B should be set to "Equal Tuner A" that way both tuners share the same settings. In Vix it's MENU>SETUP>TUNERS & SCANNING> select Tuner B and hit OK. The under "Configuration Mode" set it as 'Equal to A' by using left/right buttons. Then GREEN to save this.

Second, go to the Last Scanned bouquet and highlight the new BBC One HD. Press MENU and select the option "Add service to bouquet". Choose the required bouquet from the list and hit OK. This is important as the last scanned list will change every time you do a new scan. To get rid of old entries simply highlight them in the bouquet, press MENU and choose "remove entry". The new entry will probably be at the bottom of the bouquet you moved it to. If you want to move it up within the bouquet, highlight it and press MENU. This time choose 'Enable Move Mode'. The name should change colour. You then use the UP/DOWN buttons to move it to the desired position. When finished remember to hit MENU again and select "Disable move mode"

Next to add BBC Red Button, repeat what you did to scan for BBC One HD except this time the values are 10788 V 23000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK.

Chances are you are missing out on many other free channels such as ITV 1, 2, 3 & 4 all in HD. This is the current list of free channel available. https://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

You will see the appropriate settings across the top of each paragraph. (ignore decimals) or ask here if there is something in particular that catches your eye.

I'm not familiar with Grogbuild. I've never been a fan of custom builds in general 1) because the often have a lot of clutter I don't need and 2) you are then relying on some unknown individual to keep it updated. This rarely happens. At first sight it can be intimidating to setup a box to your own tastes but you soon see there is a logic to it and can get the hang of it.

Jeepers thanks Gerry. Like you said a lot there! I was sure you had put me onto Grogbuild when you had recommended me but the Formuler F1, sorry.

Grogbuild uses skin Slyk. Pressing menu on a highlighted channel brings up Graphical EPG Settings which does not include an option to add service to buoquet or remove entry, frustrating.

So I have to reset Tuner A each time it sounds like. I need to figure out the buoquets first though. Thanks a lot for your support.

Post edited by boardtc on

Once you set Tuner B equal Tuner A and hit save, you should never need to touch it again. Any changes to Tuner A will automatically apply to Tuner B.

I wonder are you in the EPG when you press MENU if it is bringing up options to edit the EPG? Instead try pressing the DOWN arrow (beneath OK). This should bring up a list of the channels in that bouquet and then hit MENU to give you the options below. (again cosmetically they may look a bit different depending on the skin)

Thanks that does it alright. I'm intimidated by the massive account of manual work needed and won't take that on. I checked it out and the GrogBuild is no longer maintained as you suggested.

I'm looking at blowing it away and moving to the Willobuild WilloBuild - WilloBuild OpenViX 6.4 Series..

Had anyone used the Willobuild with Formuler F1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Similar to @reni10@reni10's issue in this thread, my F1`s HDMI output isn't working. Box responds to remote and OpenWebIf is working fine. Box had been on standby mode for a few days.

No issue on the TV, ok with other HDMI inputs. HDMI cable looks fine.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 nice_day

Like @Turbulent Bill and @reni10 before him, the HDMI port seems to have given up on my F1. I don't see any solutions on here so it looks like a replacement is needed. I won't get an F1, as it seems they develop a HDMI port issue after a few years of use.

Advertisement