Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

erkifino wrote:
    Anyone know if the cex prices for 360 games are up to date? Finding hard to believe that Lost is €5/€7 trade in. Or Jericho in the tin box is €6/€9.

As of today they are, often change overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

sweetie wrote: »
    As of today they are, often change overnight

Thanks! I should have sold them years ago... Or just never bought them!

amadablam wrote: »
    What VPN do you guys subscribe to currently? One that Xbox live friendly and ialso 'Argentinian' store friendly for the occasional visit :D

Not using one at the minute as I've no need but do your homework if you are paying for one. If it's free accept it's not got your privacy in mind and is collecting data regardless of what they say and even then read the fine print. Express or Nord would be my choice, both have kill switch and DNS leak protection and from memory Nord does/did have Argentinian servers and last I checked it can access Netflix too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

So I picked up a One X today. Let the good times roll :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    So I picked up a One X today. Let the good times roll :cool:

d9b1dd092b8feabb111b61be84e41fb98c3e74517ee9d2a6599eae977484a6b2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Young lads wants an x box one but thing is he likes YouTube and netflix, can he watch these on an x box like you can on ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Yes, both are available on xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Young lads wants an x box one but thing is he likes YouTube and netflix, can he watch these on an x box like you can on ps4

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Thanks for the reply folks

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

Need some asvice please :(

My kids are constantly breaking the official controller. Two since the start of the year and paying out another €60 is starting to annoy me.

I want to get a wired controller that I can replace cheaper.

What/where are the best wired controllers to buy. Anybody using one that is good?

I got this one in argos and already the 3.5mm jack has detached from the circuitboard inside the controller

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5717192/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CXbox+One%7C37328270/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328270%7CXbox+One+controllers+and+steering%7C37328807.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Controllers are pretty poorly made this time round, have went through a few one controllers at this stage and its only been general use, still have my 360 controller which has had a lot more abuse and still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

What about adding insurance to your controller in Argos?
    https://www.argos.ie/static/ArgosPromo3/includeName/replacementCover.htm&mvt=ar:roi:cover:replacement-care

If you bought the Camo Wireless controller for €45, insurance for 3 years would cost €12.99

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Was playing through Forza Horizon 2 and the game crashed. I was a bit surprised, I am used to that with PC games but not Xbox games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Said I'd give an update there regarding my faulty x that I was in here a few weeks ago talking about.

Found a service through gamestop that you can send faulty items away to be fixed.

Cost for the X was 99€ and if it couldn't be fixed then it would be refunded. If fixed you get a year warranty aswell.

Having an extra year of warranty on the fix is also a nice piece of mind.

Picked up my x today, note says a hdd was replaced and updated so I'll check it out over the weekend when I get a chance and I'll report back.

(cheers to the guy here that said to replaced the hdd, just didn't have the patience to do it myself at the moment)

Is Forza Horizon 3 on game pass? I see Horizon 4 is so I am wondering why 3 is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Is Forza Horizon 3 on game pass? I see Horizon 4 is so I am wondering why 3 is not.

No 3 is not on game pass.

Gears 5
    That Gears RTS (cant remember name)
    Halo Infinite (very early stage sneak peak)
    Fable (very early sneak peak)
    And 10 easily forgettable indie games

Don't get me wrong, I love the effort Microsoft are putting in but they're not there yet with first party. Not by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Hopefully the right area to ask, picked up the one x in that GameStop trade deal, just wondering what tv would be the best to buy to get the most out of the one x, I've seen a few tv( 43-50') and they are not too expensive but what are the areas I need to look at to get the most out of it?

Thanks

Hococop wrote: »
    Hopefully the right area to ask, picked up the one x in that GameStop trade deal, just wondering what tv would be the best to buy to get the most out of the one x, I've seen a few tv( 43-50') and they are not too expensive but what are the areas I need to look at to get the most out of it?

Thanks

There is a thread on the PlayStation board which has some good pointers on what to look out for.

https://www.boards.ie/thread/2057669372/1

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »

Thanks
    Is it just for gaming? TV must have a game mode which disables all the post processing built into modern smart TVs. HDR 10 is also worthwhile although not many games utilising it and if I'm being honest personally I cant really see the difference in quality.

I've a lG 49" 4k HDR Tv and it is a good size. I thought it was massive when I got it home and out of the box. I have a 24" monitor and the Tv is roughly 4 times the size.

Regarding what to get 4k and HDR. And if you can stretch the budget multi zone dimming(can't remember the correct term but that is close enough)

I have this Tv below and I find it brilliant. Obviously there are better but I have had no issues with it what so ever.

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/lg-49-4k-uhd-hdr-smart-led-tv-49uk7550pla.html

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

I just want to make sure I have this right.
    so I have two Xboxes at home. one in the sitting room which is the "home" xbox where the kids play it with out me having to sign in. They can only play the one upstairs when I'm signed in and once it's connected to the internet as not "home" xbox.

so my question is - I'm thinking of getting my brother an xbox for his birthday and making it my "home" xbox so that he can access all my games/gamepass/ea access. I will get him gold and make mine his "home" xbox. my question will the kids be able to access the games/gamepass/ea access on it if I'm not signed in?

gmg678 wrote: »
    so I have two Xboxes at home. one in the sitting room which is the "home" xbox where the kids play it with out me having to sign in. They can only play the one upstairs when I'm signed in and once it's connected to the internet as not "home" xbox.

so my question is - I'm thinking of getting my brother an xbox for his birthday and making it my "home" xbox so that he can access all my games/gamepass/ea access. I will get him gold and make mine his "home" xbox. my question will the kids be able to access the games/gamepass/ea access on it if I'm not signed in?

They will not have access if you change the home console unless you are signed in.

That is what I thought. suppose I'll have get him gold and game pass.

That is what I thought. suppose I'll have get him gold and game pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

gmg678 wrote: »

Nope, unfortunately not. The XBox downstairs will become the same as the one you have upstairs. You will need to be logged in and the XBox online to play your games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Don't forget guys. Xbox E3 on tonight at 9PM. Should be on for about 2 hours and as last time, watch on Mixer to get free goodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

The Xbox Game Pass Ultimate offer seems a very smart loss-leader to me.

I haven't as much in the mix as others, but that €1 down still brings me into 2021.

That's Xbox and Xbox-on-PC ecosystem embedded for me in that time-period. Launch a decent new console and I'll bite.

Seems like lots of people who may not have had Game Pass and have a barely used Xbox may jump back on board now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

druss wrote: »
    The Xbox Game Pass Ultimate offer seems a very smart loss-leader to me.

I haven't as much in the mix as others, but that €1 down still brings me into 2021.

That's Xbox and Xbox-on-PC ecosystem embedded for me in that time-period. Launch a decent new console and I'll bite.

Seems like lots of people who may not have had Game Pass and have a barely used Xbox may jump back on board now.

It'll look great on MS's books to have so many live subs committed in the medium term! That's probably what it's all about! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement