Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Cool, I just took a look there on Amazon.

The below one can be got for £85 at the moment, with it's 5% off voucher.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JYQRX6X/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1L0T6QVXY3G6Y&psc=1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's pretty good, right? :D

Yeah, that's cheap enough for a 1TB drive. I stuck with one of the big name brands for it though, not sure which one though, it was around £100 or so at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Two new games added to bc

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1123980741044469762?s=19

Ninja Gaiden 3 has been added fairly quickly compared to how long it took 2. Also far beyond due for Trials Evolution to be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Did you open it up or use an external ssd?

I opened it up.
    JoyPad wrote: »
    Based on what he said, describing what the XB1 has internally, it sounds like he opened it up.
    However, if that is the case, did you replace the existing HDD with an SSD, or add it as extra storage? If replaced, how did the XB1 deal with it? Did you need to factory reset the box?

I was thinking of doing something similar myself, but google'd "replace hdd in xbox one" and it says it is hard, so I decided against it. Plus, my XB1X is under warranty anyway, so SSD in external USB it is for me!

I just replaced the internal.
    CatInABox wrote: »
    Just a 1TB, got it on sale. Doesn't even need to be one of the superfast ones to notice a difference.

Still have my external attached, so that I can transfer any game I want to play onto the SSD.

I only used a 480GB. It's enough for me. As I have a large external and just transfer over a couple of games I am playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

My xbox has gone kaput finally. Had problems with it in January and found a fix but it's finally finished.

For the past few months anytime I wanted to use the console I had to do a factory reset just to use it.

Spent the last hour on the phone to someone with broken English trying to get it sorted and I'm none the wiser.

I thought there was a 2 year guarantee for people in the EU?

https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/dealing-with-customers/consumer-contracts-guarantees/consumer-guarantees/index_en.htm

Error is anything from E102 to E105

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    My xbox has gone kaput finally. Had problems with it in January and found a fix but it's finally finished.

For the past few months anytime I wanted to use the console I had to do a factory reset just to use it.

Spent the last hour on the phone to someone with broken English trying to get it sorted and I'm none the wiser.

I thought there was a 2 year guarantee for people in the EU?

https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/dealing-with-customers/consumer-contracts-guarantees/consumer-guarantees/index_en.htm

Error is anything from E102 to E105

Where did you buy the console and when?

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Where did you buy the console and when?

Would of bought it in Gamestop in late 2017

Did you try a offline update?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Would of bought it in Gamestop in late 2017

Bring it back to GameStop so and ask them for a replacement. They might try to push you to Microsoft but your contract is with them.

Did you try a offline update?

Have tried many times but as soon as I click the offline update option I just get a something went wrong screen.

I'll try doing it again

Might of been doing it wrong

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Bring it back to GameStop so and ask them for a replacement. They might try to push you to Microsoft but your contract is with them.

I know they will try and fob me off. Got a link to anything I can print off to bring with me that mentions the seller and not the manufacturer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I had the exact same issue and I had to do something on Microsoft’s website with the serial code which showed I had two years warranty. I bought the console from GameStop. I was then able to print off a label and organize with them to send it off to Germany for repair. It stopped working Christmas Eve of all times and I had it back a month later in perfect working order.

Have tried many times but as soon as I click the offline update option I just get a something went wrong screen.

I'll try doing it again

Might of been doing it wrong

Have you another 2.5" Hard drive lying around?

If so replace the internal one with your spare one. Just to see if it is a HDD at fault. It may not be but it may also be as you cannot get a offline update to work.

Have you another 2.5" Hard drive lying around?

If so replace the internal one with your spare one. Just to see if it is a HDD at fault. It may not be but it may also be as you cannot get a offline update to work.

Try what I suggested first as if it still is in Warranty, doing the above will void it. Also, what this poster is saying is correct, I had done a bit of research on my issue which was the same as what you are having and it’s a corrupt hard drive but it was in warranty so I went with that option to be on the safe side cause I didnt want to void the warranty.

The Xbox is already registered and it gave me 14 months warranty from the time it was purchased/registered.

I'll try the offline update again and if that dosnt work I'll dust off the original x one I have.

Have some hdds laying around that I can try to replace whenever I get a few hours to try it.

Edit: 4 hours later and I have managed to get onto the dashboard....... I'll see if it lasts to the weekend.

Edit: 4 hours later and I have managed to get onto the dashboard....... I'll see if it lasts to the weekend.

Didn't make it to the weekend. Gonna give gamestop a call tomorrow.

I thought the offline update worked when I did it, the menus seemed faster than ever, shame it didn't last.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Didn't make it to the weekend. Gonna give gamestop a call tomorrow.

I thought the offline update worked when I did it, the menus seemed faster than ever, shame it didn't last.

I don't work with Xbox any more but if memory serves those error codes are hardware related and a software reinstall won't fix it. You'll need a new console. You should be able to sort this online via MS support and it will probably be easier than going via GameStop.

I don't work with Xbox any more but if memory serves those error codes are hardware related and a software reinstall won't fix it. You'll need a new console. You should be able to sort this online via MS support and it will probably be easier than going via GameStop.

Tried but MS support was useless when I rang. Broken English and seemed like they were only being trained in at the time.

MS support was also looking for like €220 to fix it.

Ms chat also no help.

If you know of a different way to get to MS support then I'm all ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Tried but MS support was useless when I rang. Broken English and seemed like they were only being trained in at the time.

MS support was also looking for like €220 to fix it.

Ms chat also no help.

If you know of a different way to get to MS support then I'm all ears.

Request a callback, if it's less than 2 years old then just insist on a replacement.

Request a callback, if it's less than 2 years old then just insist on a replacement.

Have tried that but they keep saying it's out of warranty and it is less than 2 years old.

I had a callback the other day and it was pointless. Severe language barrier.

• Advertisement

Did you try with a new Hard drive?

Did you try with a new Hard drive?

I haven't tried that yet as it looks difficult and I'd need to give it a good amount of time, and buy the tools needed.

I have a 500gb hdd that I pulled out of a ps4, would that work as the replacment?

Where are you based?

The console modding forum used to be a place you could go and pay someone a small fee for such a service. I used to advertise myself but it has been dead for a few years the forum that is but I suppose you could post a thread and hope somebody still active on boards.ie in your location reads it.

Where are you based?

The console modding forum used to be a place you could go and pay someone a small fee for such a service. I used to advertise myself but it has been dead for a few years the forum that is but I suppose you could post a thread and hope somebody still active on boards.ie in your location reads it.

To be honest it is something I would like to try myself. Just going to need some time to do it.

To be honest it is something I would like to try myself. Just going to need some time to do it.

It's not too bad to do tbh. And yes that 500GB PS HDD will do.

If MS will not fix it for you for free then trying a different HDD would cost you nothing since you have a HDD. Well it would cost me nothing as I have the two screw drivers needed to open it up. They shouldn't be that dear to buy. If you buy in a cheap shop obviously if you went to some hardware shop they may be more expensive if buying brand name tools.

It will cost less than a tenner for the two bits needed so worth a shot.

If it doesn't work sell the two hard drives and power supply and then maybe the console for parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Is anyone else finding navigating their console and the store really slow compared to normal?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Reminds me of this

estimation.png

Link to XKCD here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

CatInABox wrote: »
    Reminds me of this

estimation.png

Link to XKCD here.

First thought that I had too!
    MS estimated time was always current bitrate divided by file size remaining.
    Most inaccurate thing the world ever came across :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

What VPN do you guys subscribe to currently? One that Xbox live friendly and ialso 'Argentinian' store friendly for the occasional visit :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Anyone know if the cex prices for 360 games are up to date? Finding hard to believe that Lost is €5/€7 trade in. Or Jericho in the tin box is €6/€9.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement