Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pippa Collection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Loughc wrote: »
    #notions4oceans

I'm planning on releasing that slogan on t-shirts and hoodies...

T-Shirts start at €40 and Hoodies €90

I'll sue you for copyright! (Or else give me 20% of sales I'm willing to settle)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

anna080 wrote: »
    I'll sue you for copyright! (Or else give me 20% of sales I'm willing to settle)

Exciting news guys. I’m partnering up with Anna080.

New price point. Tshirt €60. Hoodies €120.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Waxperts Ellen is so cringe. She makes out shes besties with Pippa, but "forgot" to congratulate her last night. She is morphing into Doireen, she has taken on all her facial impressions etc, its so creepy.

When does the pre-order start?? :P

heyjude88 wrote: »
    When does the pre-order start?? :P

Pre order starts tonight. €200 deposit, non refundable.
    If you're not in you can't win. Bargain really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I've had a couple of Jo Malone Candles.......I had a mint and something else one that was just lovely....the Aldi Candle one I got was a dupe of lime basil and mandarin and I have to say, it was every bit as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

People will totally buy them.
    When she was on snapchat today the tickets for the Galway fashion shows sold out straight away, and many were disappointed.
    When SoSueMe did a Galway one earlier this year she was pushing a good bit as the sales were low. Even though hers is cheaper and similar mediocre goody bags.
    People love Pippa and lap up what she’s selling. Her audience is more yummy mummy than teen so they’ll buy it.

I’m not a fan of all her branding on the planners. She said when the POCOs came out that it was minimalist because that’s nicer, which is true.
    She’s all over the planner though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Here's an inspirational quote "stop spending money on daft sh!t"

Will this be in your new range also anna and loughc... I will be first in the queue! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I got blocked on Instagram by the Pippa Collection page for saying I think the pricing is way off and she should reduce it to around €30.
    I will never get over this, gals.
    Also I thought Pippa was in her forties!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Hey guys, I found these on AliExpress for 50c. Apparently a A080 and LC bought hundreds of these. :pac:

• Advertisement

wyrn wrote: »
    Hey guys, I found these on AliExpress for 50c. Apparently a A080 and LC bought hundreds of these. :pac:

This is defamatory!!! Mods!!!

In fairness can ya blame Pippa in a way. People literally firing €100 at her to sit bored out of their skull at the fashion factories. She must think people are daft and will give her money for any old sh!t. It still doesn't make it right though.

This is defamatory!!! Mods!!!
    Should have bought a sub to Riskeye Anna :D

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

It’s a bit...silly, tho I want to say pathetic but that might be a bit strong (and makes her look a bit silly) for Sinead to go deleting her post on the collection. So much for not being afraid to say what she thinks. People weren’t even being nasty, they were mostly saying the items were overpriced. Not so different after all.

Will be interested to get a chance to smell these candles!

Anyone notice the sly digs from Sue Jordan and Lorraine Haigney on the girls who snap page under the pippa thread? hmmmmm

Toastytoes wrote: »
    It’s a bit...silly, tho I want to say pathetic but that might be a bit strong (and makes her look a bit silly) for Sinead to go deleting her post on the collection. So much for not being afraid to say what she thinks. People weren’t even being nasty, they were mostly saying the items were overpriced. Not so different after all.

Will be interested to get a chance to smell these candles!

She backtracks alot!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Anyone notice the sly digs from Sue Jordan and Lorraine Haigney on the girls who snap page under the pippa thread? hmmmmm

Ya I saw the one from sue don't know anything about her just she is a blogger. But always see her name popping up in threads about bloggers! She is friends or 'friends' with any of the others?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Was it the picture of a cup of tea? I didn't get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

SassyP wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if her collection new will sell out.

Without a doubt they will appear to ‘sell out’, whether they actually do or not we’ll never know. Pippa/her team will create the illusion that these are flying out and limited numbers left while the wait on a shipment to put more hype around the products.

Same concept of her pop up shops, limited time to create demand.

I commend her business acumen but the pricepont has pushed her from business savvy to just plain greed.

Just went on to see were any sold out yet, not yet. And to add insult to injury, 4 Euro for shipping. So 49 for the planner.

OUCH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Sue Jordan loves getting involved in them posts she’s dives on the controversy her

• Registered Users Posts: 19 coddle

idunno78 wrote: »
    Ya I saw the one from sue don't know anything about her just she is a blogger. But always see her name popping up in threads about bloggers! She is friends or 'friends' with any of the others?

She’s not even a decent blogger - she gets her sister to do a travel post, her son to do a movies post then she just takes memes/giphys off the internet for a third. And that’s her ‘content’ for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Has Pippa said where the candles are made? Though even if they were hand made on a Donegal mountain,using Irish bees' wax,scented with Kerry Heather,poured into jars made from waterford crystal glass and hand delivered by Michael D Higgins riding a Connemara pony I still wouldn't buy them, but the cost might be some way justified.

fineso.mom wrote: »
    Has Pippa said where the candles are made? Though even if they were hand made on a Donegal mountain,using Irish bees' wax,scented with Kerry Heather,poured into jars made from waterford crystal glass and hand delivered by Michael D Higgins riding a Connemara pony I still wouldn't buy them, but the cost might be some way justified.

Bahahahahaha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I was only half joking ☺
    I have no problem paying for something that's really good quality or value for money or that was made by a skilled artist/carpenter /jeweller etc.
    Also, if there are two products that are similar but one is made in ireland and the other somewhere else, then I'll go for the irish one.
    My point is....where's the price coming from? What's the justification?
    Does she mention the burn time anywhere? Or where they are made?
    Brooke and shoals and Max Benjamin are both Irish made ( I think?) and cheaper.

In stitches at Laura’s Views snaps tonight. She showed her fancy planner that she spent 30 Euro on last year..... and hardly used it. Then she showed one she got for 1.50 in deals for next year ! There’s no way she randomly snapped about her planners today......

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Don't know if I like how Pippa dealt with the release - she's on snapchat today thanking everyone for the nice messages and not mentioning the price? Like even if she said something like "a couple of people mentioned the price but the candles are made from xyz so that's why the price is higher". Suppose she doesn't want to acknowledge that people were anything but positive.

Also did anyone notice her getting slightly passive aggressive about the fashion factories? Basically giving out to people who said they couldn't get tickets for daring to tweet her about it!

I'd actually save up and buy all of them if Michael D delivered them on a Connemara pony in the hopes that he's bring Brod and Sioda too

original?width=336&version=3680711

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Has Pippa said where the candles are made? Though even if they were hand made on a Donegal mountain,using Irish bees' wax,scented with Kerry Heather,poured into jars made from waterford crystal glass and hand delivered by Michael D Higgins riding a Connemara ponyI still wouldn't buy them, but the cost might be some way justified.

I might consider buying them if Michael D delivered them.
    Stop, I'm in bits :D

Way way way overpriced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 cristinayang

She showed the planners in detail on her snapchat, and to be fair the planners do look lovely, I’ll check them out in the pop up shop on Thursday and see if they are worth the price.

There may also be a discount on them as it’s shop and rock night in dundrum.

Advertisement